Sugar Tit, SC superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Hey, Millburnians, Ali in particular, can I bug you again with a "can you ID this?" photo?

What's the big circular thing in the background of this photo? It looks like a massive ferris wheel. Is it? I have a number of distance photos of it but frankly have no idea what it's meant to be! This particular photo is taken from the LaTrobe Street bridge over the railway near the Telstra Dome.

s640x480

London Eye. Fuck, your camera has some impressive zoom on it.

coolian2 said:
I've seen something similar - one Warriors player was running down the sideline, the next thing we see is a shoe fly about 10 feet into the air....................and he still ran another 30 metres to score!
Wow. That's respectable!

Hey everyone, these are my cricket stats so far, in 33 matches. Enjoy.

Games: 33
First: 16/9/04
Last: 16/2/08
Average: 1.62
Highest score: 8
Ducks: 17
Innings: 33
Catches: 2
Total runs scored: 42
Not outs: 7
How out: Bowled 10, LBW 2, runout 4, Stumped 3 (all off a fast bowler), caught 7, not out 7.

My seniors record is far better though.
9 games, 1 duck, 3 not out, average 4.2

coolian2 said:
I've seen something similar - one Warriors player was running down the sideline, the next thing we see is a shoe fly about 10 feet into the air....................and he still ran another 30 metres to score!

Also... I love how we mix up imperial and metric measurements :wink:

coolian2 said:

:lol:

Melbourne Docklands: Like London, but with trams and drought. :happy:

Danny, those look like what my stats would be! :laugh:

I sure as hell hope you're a bowler.

coolian2 said:

They make us wait that long again and we'll do the wave throughout the show

Damn straight.

Next tour better not be a "Let's Rock The USA!" extravaganza again.

Axver said:
Danny, those look like what my stats would be! :laugh:

I sure as hell hope you're a bowler.

forgot about that. ill pull up the stats in a minute, but no im not. I have taken a fair few wickets though, including 3/21 off 18 (balls, not overs) on debut.

what i do is i dont score runs but i hold up my end. ive had a few decent partnerships where i have only scored 2 or 3 runs.

coolian2 said:
Close! :lol:

I don't know the exact name of it, but it's basically Melbourne ripping off the London Eye. I think it's supposed to be almost the same size, give or take a few metres. The London Eye looks way cooler, though.

*rummages in holiday photos*

Alisaura said:

There has never been a better time to use this smiley...

:barf:

QUOTED FOR TRUTH.

I dread checking my LiveJournal friends page since one person I know worships Big Bother and will probably make 100 entries gushing over Corey entering the house. :|

46.2 overs, 5 maidens, 16/254, avergae of 15.88 at 17.38, with a best effort of 3/21.

I bowl slow, dont turn the ball. but people try to smack me and they hit it straight up and hopefully other people catch it,

mysterious_jen said:
yes its a ferris wheel, i think it has a name, but i dont knwo what , it was here in geelong for a while

Most exciting thing to ever hit Geelong? :wink:

COBL_04 said:

forgot about that. ill pull up the stats in a minute, but no im not. I have taken a fair few wickets though, including 3/21 off 18 (balls, not overs) on debut.

what i do is i dont score runs but i hold up my end. ive had a few decent partnerships where i have only scored 2 or 3 runs.

Ahh, right. I'm totally fucking useless as a batsman. If I'm lucky, I'll get a run or two, but any bowler with the faintest modicum of accuracy could bowl me for a duck without even trying. You try batting when you have no depth perception!

Bowling, however ... fuck, I miss doing that. I don't even have a backyard these days, though.

COBL_04 said:

Perhaps, right after the cats were premiers in 07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rockon:

Dude, it's AFL. Nobody who actually lives in Geelong goes for the Cats. Cats fans all live in Darwin and Launceston and Broken Hill ... and Wezza. :wink:

Axver said:

Ahh, right. I'm totally fucking useless as a batsman. If I'm lucky, I'll get a run or two, but any bowler with the faintest modicum of accuracy could bowl me for a duck without even trying. You try batting when you have no depth perception!

Bowling, however ... fuck, I miss doing that. I don't even have a backyard these days, though.

Batting, to the surprise of thousands, is actually MUCH harder than it looks.

Well.

In my opinion.

Everyone's a backyard cricketer, on the pitch it is much harder.

Alisaura said:

Do bowlers not need depth perception as much as batters?

Well, I don't need to hit anything! I just need to know the general direction in which to deliver the ball.

Get me to kick a fixed object and watch my foot sail right over or under it and you'll see how useless I am at judging this stuff. And that's a fixed object! A moving ball is an absolute nightmare.

COBL_04 said:

Batting, to the surprise of thousands, is actually MUCH harder than it looks.

Well.

In my opinion.

Everyone's a backyard cricketer, on the pitch it is much harder.

Just getting a good stance is hard enough. I knew this guy who would've been a Queensland state cricketer had he not suffered a back injury, and he spent ages teaching me how to properly bat. There wasn't anything he could do about the whole no-depth-perception thing, though.

I trained with my high school's team on occasions, mainly bowling since I am (or used to be) quite a good spinner, but I never could play a real game. I can't bat, can't field, and can't stay in the sun for any length of time, so ...! :lol:

I miss getting out for a bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom