Sugar Tit, SC superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on a DI playlist but I won't be around the internet this summer - when would the next one be? I don't want everyone to burn out and me to miss out :sad:

phanan said:

I only know the one big hit they have - at least it's better than Fuel. :wink:

which one?

i actually think they've got good lyrics. they have the repetitive hard early 00's "rock" or post-whatever sound but it's not as hard and grating as fuels, and while the singing is whiny sometimes, i was into them in middle school so i'm rather used to it

phanan said:

Are you gone the entire summer, or just for part of it?

i will be using the internet in cafes from mid-june to september. then i'll have plenty of time for it. but i wouldn't be able to finish my playlist, upload it, listen to others, etc until september.

Varitek said:

which one?

i actually think they've got good lyrics. they have the repetitive hard early 00's "rock" or post-whatever sound but it's not as hard and grating as fuels, and while the singing is whiny sometimes, i was into them in middle school so i'm rather used to it

I didn't know they had more than one.

I think it's called My Own Worst Enemy or something. In fact, I think it was out around the same time as that Fuel song I mentioned.

i'm adding rolling stone's 500 greatest songs of all time and it's put my itunes library over 10,000 songs.

damn, i really have to add more u2 boots to listen to this summer

phanan said:

I didn't know they had more than one.

I think it's called My Own Worst Enemy or something. In fact, I think it was out around the same time as that Fuel song I mentioned.

that was probably their biggest.

i really like the lyrics of Happy in the Meantime, and several others, but i'd say Happy In the Meantime is my favorite, maybe Zip Lock 2nd. And Miserable is funny, it goes

"you make me come
you make me complete
you make me completely miserable"

Varitek said:

i will be using the internet in cafes from mid-june to september. then i'll have plenty of time for it. but i wouldn't be able to finish my playlist, upload it, listen to others, etc until september.

Ah, yeah that timing kinda sucks. Guess you'll have to wait for the next one then.

Varitek said:

that was probably their biggest.

i really like the lyrics of Happy in the Meantime, and several others, but i'd say Happy In the Meantime is my favorite, maybe Zip Lock 2nd. And Miserable is funny, it goes

"you make me come
you make me complete
you make me completely miserable"

How many albums do they have? I didn't know they even existed still. I thought they were one and done.

:hyper: my appleseed cast torrent finally finished and i finally get to listen to low level owl vol ii :hyper:

there's one other i got i haven't heard, that i'm almost as excited about, Lost Songs, plus a bunch of live stuff i'll save for later :hyper:

phanan said:

I would dispute this. I think quite a few things you've introduced have gone over well for at least a few people. As I recall, your DI2 playlist in particular was very well-received and introduced several people to new things.

Well, DI II was well-received, but have I really introduced people to any new artists? I'm still the only person talking about many of the regulars on my list. And my DI III list somehow performed worse than my DI IV list has!

Axver said:

Well, DI II was well-received, but have I really introduced people to any new artists?

Introduced? Yes.

Did those folks actually care for them? Probably not.

Take that as you will. :wink:

phanan said:
Oh, and there was some discussion previously about when the next DI would start. I don't like to have them go too close together, because it can get to be a bit of overkill. I'd give it a couple of months - perhaps July or so.

I like the idea of sign-ups in mid-June, submissions by mid-July, start the tournament in early August.

coolian2 said:
I should be in class right now, but instead i have to go to a local council meeting at six.

This might be the stupidest assignment i'll ever have to do.

Why the hell are you going to a local council meeting?

LemonMelon said:

Introduced? Yes.

Did those folks actually care for them? Probably not.

Take that as you will. :wink:

Let's be honest, though, how many people have gone on to explore an artist after hearing one song in DI? It doesn't seem to be that many.

And I haven't really pushed anything other than PT and PRR.

Axver said:

Let's be honest, though, how many people have gone on to explore an artist after hearing one song in DI? It doesn't seem to be that many.

And I haven't really pushed anything other than PT and PRR.

Based on posts I've read, it's pretty rare that someone genuinely connects with an artist based on one song on a DI list. It's not your fault if they don't, and it's quite common that they don't.

LemonMelon said:

Based on posts I've read, it's pretty rare that someone genuinely connects with an artist based on one song on a DI list. It's not your fault if they don't, and it's quite common that they don't.

Yeah. So I like Screwtape's idea of uploading a disc with 3-5 artists to share amongst ourselves, so that people get a better introduction to a particular band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom