Sugar Tit, SC superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

so was i. because screwtape freaked us the fuck out.

You had every right to call him out, though. Dalton just sailed in to kick the guy while he was down for no apparent good reason.

ummm okay. one more thing before i leave...you guys are saying how horrible dalton was for making fun of screwtape? i seem to recall quite a few of you making fun of him after he said he was leaving the forums, so yeah...that just strikes me as a bit hypocritical.

Axver said:

True - especially you, which I just don't understand. But Dalton seemed to take pleasure in kicking Screwtape when he was down and leading him on with mock sincerity. That, I thought, was petty and malicious.

Trust me, I've never PM'ed the guy, so any issues we may have had have been visible to you. I don't get it either. It's just been a couple of times though, and perhaps he was just having a bad night. I can forgive a guy for that, definitely.

I do remember Dalton picking on Screwtape though, right before he left for that week. As did I. Perhaps that's why he's been so rude to me? I dunno. A long time to hold a grudge.

KhanadaRhodes said:
ummm okay. one more thing before i leave...you guys are saying how horrible dalton was for making fun of screwtape? i seem to recall quite a few of you making fun of him after he said he was leaving the forums, so yeah...that just strikes me as a bit hypocritical.

I, for the record, have always considered myself Screwtape's friend. That fiasco made me question things, but I never tried to kick him down. I was annoyed with him, and felt misled, but I ultimately tried to help him.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Back to wholeheartedly agree on this. I think Screwtape is awesome. He didn't freak me out. He reminds me of how nice it was when I was younger and innocent, and it really fucking bothered me when everyone was fucking around with him on here and insulting him--especially behind his back when he left. Sure, I've asked him pointed questions and shown my shock at his innocence. But seriously. He didn't, and doesn't, deserve it. And Dalton was NOT the only one on him about it. But I won't be naming names.

Anyway. Goodbye.

So that's how you kill a thread that's chugging along at a good pace. Huh.

Guess I'll go do the dishes then.

the tourist said:

Back to wholeheartedly agree on this. I think Screwtape is awesome. He didn't freak me out. He reminds me of how nice it was when I was younger and innocent, and it really fucking bothered me when everyone was fucking around with him on here and insulting him--especially behind his back when he left. Sure, I've asked him pointed questions and shown my shock at his innocence. But seriously. He didn't, and doesn't, deserve it. And Dalton was NOT the only one on him about it. But I won't be naming names.

Anyway. Goodbye.

Well you're a guy. He made some really, really creepy advances on me and he's creeped out other girls on interference as well. I think he's got genuine problems, and I did try to point them out to him as I don't think it's healthy and it'd be nice if he got help, and he's been mostly better lately and hasn't directed any of his creepiness at me.

Varitek said:

i actually really appreciated the support

Support does not mean kicking somebody when they're down. I mean, I supported you too. I didn't try to manipulate Screwtape with mock sincerity like Dalton did.

LemonMelon said:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=5043630#post5043630

Enough reason to give Screwtape a break, IMO. Again, he may have freaked out on me in the past, but it's a lot more understandable having read that. I had no idea that he'd made advances on Vazza though. That's weird. :huh:

that whole thing was in response to me telling him off, which i did because of the way he'd interacted with me. and then of course he overreacted to it.

Varitek said:

that whole thing was in response to me telling him off, which i did because of the way he'd interacted with me. and then of course he overreacted to it.

Would it be best if I just dropped this whole issue? I'm curious to know what happened, but I don't really want this brought up again in the middle of the thread, and you can't PM.

LemonMelon said:

Would it be best if I just dropped this whole issue? I'm curious to know what happened, but I don't really want this brought up again in the middle of the thread, and you can't PM.

yeah i wish i had you on aim or gchat :(

LemonMelon said:

I'm on AIM.

i won't post mine here, cause it has my name in it, and for obvious aforementioned reasons as well as the normal ones, that's a bad idea... you can email yours to yourwildhorses @ gmail if you want. i am too tired to get into it tonight though.

Varitek said:

i won't post mine here, cause it has my name in it, and for obvious aforementioned reasons as well as the normal ones, that's a bad idea... you can email yours to yourwildhorses @ gmail if you want. i am too tired to get into it tonight though.

Sent. Dear God, I hate Yahoo mail.

Dishes are done. :up:

coolian2 said:
I'm fairly fucking certain i just heard Theme From Let's Go Native on Top Gear.

That's pretty bloody cool.

Got to admit, I really am quite happy with some of these photos I've been uploading today. Everything from January and February is out of the way, and now I'm burning through March. I'd like to show off one more picture. This is from 11 March at the main university tram stop - which is the northern terminus of eight routes and has two more routes continuing further north. I knew my lens isn't wide enough to capture all three trams fully, so I decided to frame the one on the mid-track siding with the two running on the main tracks.

s640x480

(Left and middle trams are of the Z1 class; right tram is a Z3.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom