Sugar Tit, SC superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

Dalton's a good man - he often has genuinely awesome insights. Plus he saved me from appendicitis. And remember his orthodoxy / orthopraxy question?

(wait, why are we discussing Dalton?)

what was orthodoxy/orthopraxy?

phillyfan26 said:
"...............morning .............. dawning.........."

"How long?"

"....."

"How long?"

"....one dull morning! Woke the world with bawling! I was so sad"

"......"

"They were so glad."

which version is this

There's one girl a year older than me who's really nice, and actually said, "I'll go to prom with you if you need someone to go with, I know you have other ideas in mind, but if they don't work out, just let me know a week before and I'll go with you."

I think Ax sent you and I the same e-mail.

Varitek said:

i highly doubt dalton was ever serious about that idea.

Yeah, Vazza made it quite clear that a junior in high school was not in her list of priorities. :wink:

lol the sox radio announcer just said "to the guys in the scoreboard, if you're listening (they often do), you've got it backwards, the tigers are leading minnesota 6-0, not the other way around"

phillyfan26 said:
There's one girl a year older than me who's really nice, and actually said, "I'll go to prom with you if you need someone to go with, I know you have other ideas in mind, but if they don't work out, just let me know a week before and I'll go with you."

I think Ax sent you and I the same e-mail.

ok i don't check that address regularly, but i'd checked it last night (early this morning) and nothing.

Varitek said:
and now i've read the whole thread. i really ought to do work but i'm listening to the game

I can watch the Red Sox. On DirecTV. Cos I have the Extra Innings Package. Cos I'm not a poor student. But I'm watching the Yankees. So eat it.

No spoken words said:

I can watch the Red Sox. On DirecTV. Cos I have the Extra Innings Package. Cos I'm not a poor student. But I'm watching the Yankees. So eat it.

i grew up without cable so i'm used to the radio. i might shell out for mlb tv next year when i'm in geneva. maybe i'll buy an interference membership too. i'll be so rich!

No spoken words said:

The Phillies have six announcers. It works like this:

TV
1-2: Kalas and Wheeler
3: Kalas and Sarge
4-5: McCarthy and Sarge
6: McCarthy and Wheeler
7-9: Kalas and Wheeler
* - McCarthy does reports from the stands for innings 1-3 and 7-9.

Radio:
1-3: Franzke and LA
4: Kalas and LA
5-9: Franzke and LA

I'm as confused as you are.

The bottom line is that everyone hates working with Wheeler. Kalas is forced to by the organization, and takes innings 5 and 6 off to hit the gin and tonic. Sarge and Wheeler are never in the booth together at the same time because they don't like each other.

No spoken words said:
PFan and LM are premium due to the generosity of the late, great UYMFA gang.

The UYMFA gang will rise again, once you come back for good and Dalton gets his priorities straight.

LemonMelon said:

The UYMFA gang will rise again, once you come back for good and Dalton gets his priorities straight.

Without Snow, there aint no UYMFA gang. Beav and I are sporadic posters at best now, so, the UYMFA gang seems like a thing of the past.

then again i might not get mlb tv. afternoon games i could watch but not night games, so it might not be worth it. i could always buy an individual

No spoken words said:

Without Snow, there aint no UYMFA gang. Beav and I are sporadic posters at best now, so, the UYMFA gang seems like a thing of the past.

Actually, this is more accurate than my post. The gang really ended when Snow left. With the four I mentioned, it can at least survive. But it will never truly be complete.

phillyfan26 said:

The Phillies have six announcers. It works like this:

TV
1-2: Kalas and Wheeler
3: Kalas and Sarge
4-5: McCarthy and Sarge
6: McCarthy and Wheeler
7-9: Kalas and Wheeler
* - McCarthy does reports from the stands for innings 1-3 and 7-9.

Radio:
1-3: Franzke and LA
4: Kalas and LA
5-9: Franzke and LA

I'm as confused as you are.

The bottom line is that everyone hates working with Wheeler. Kalas is forced to by the organization, and takes innings 5 and 6 off to hit the gin and tonic. Sarge and Wheeler are never in the booth together at the same time because they don't like each other.

wtf

i love jerry remy as the sox's color guy. orsillo's eh, i am angry still at how they pushed out sean mcdonough. joe castiglione has been doing our radio for 25 years with various partners, but for my childhood until last year it was with jerry trupiano who got pushed out as well, i'm not sure why. the new radio guy's ok now that i'm used to him, but i just love joe.

Kalas and Ashburn were the best. It's all been downhill since Whitey died.

Kalas' age is showing. He's starting to lose his ability to see the game. McCarthy's about as good as he is.

I announced play-by-play for a charity baseball event yesterday, and started announcing as Kalas and Sarge (I hate Wheeler much more than Sarge, but Sarge is easier to make fun of).

KALAS: I'd say they are a pretty powerful team, wouldn't you, Sarge?

SARGE: I would Harry, because they tend to hit the ball ... OVER the fence, which often times is called a home run, as well.

KALAS: Thanks for that insight, Sarge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom