Sufjan Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Anyone have it yet? It's so good. Five discs, classic sacred Christmas songs and Sufjan's playful/moving originals, a great book with guitar chords!, stickers!,a comic strip! and a freaking poster!. All for $18.95.

Just get it. I'm telling ya.

My favorites are "Put the Lights on the Tree," "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," "That Was the Worst Christmas Ever!" "Get Behind Me, Santa!" "Star of Wonder," "The Friendly Beasts," "Once in Royal David's City" and "Holy, Holy, Holy."

Your thoughts?

got this for my birthday today--my brother always gives the best gifts.

the liner notes and all the little inclusions are great. i haven't had a chance to listen yet, but some of those song titles are hilarious, my favourite being:

did i make you cry on christmas day? (well, you deserved it!)

:up:

If anyone wants to write a formal review of this album and the whole Sufjan phenomenon, please email me! :)

My local record shop was sold out :grumpy:
I guess Ashmatic Kitty again screwed up a bit....only pressing so many for the release. :shrug:

I really dislike Christmas music, even by artists I like. Will I like this anyway? Can I listen to it in June and not feel like I'm listening to Christmas music?

Yes. Totally. His original stuff could've been on any of his albums. Plus, the songs that are Christmas "classics" don't sound in anyway commercial like they tend to sound.

I'd say listen to clips on iTunes, but don't buy it on iTunes because you won't get all the cool packaging and extras.

zoney! said:
My local record shop was sold out :grumpy:
I guess Ashmatic Kitty again screwed up a bit....only pressing so many for the release. :shrug:

They're a small label and from what I'm hearing they've been overwhelmed with the response to the box set. They had an advance order deal and that was delayed a couple days because of a huge response to it then. I'm glad Sufjan's getting the attention he deserves.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom