Stupidest band names

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Yesterday we were talking about lip synching at work, and my boss said, "Yeah, like Milla Vanilla!" Someone said, "No, Milli Vanilli." And it occurred to me, that has got to be one of the stupidest names for a band I've ever heard.

So let's hear 'em. The stupidest band names you've ever heard. And maybe throw in some great band names for contrast.

three doors down, any band that has a useless number after it (with the exception of u2 ofcourse :sexywink:), names that are spelled differently to be cool or something, like staind, bands like nickelback and korn who turn around a letter to be "rad", the anxiety doberman experience (though i hear they make great music)...

Yeah, I was going to say Korn, but detahbear beat me to it...

You've named yourselves after a vegetable for the love of god, but turned a letter around and spelled it wrong just to be cooler?? I don't think so...

I always thought the Barenaked Ladies was kinda silly. Not stupid, but silly. Dishwalla. Goo Goo Dolls.

BNL is a silly name, but they are a silly band after all, not alot of seriousness there, i saw them live once and they were great............

Another stupid name for a band is 50 cent, wait hes a rapper.....oh well.

The Beach Boys
Smashing Pumpkins
The Beatles
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

there are more stupid than normal names out there

a great name is Palace Music though

*****...dumbest band name ever..yet oddly enough fitting.

Garbage...cool band but lame name

Like bear said, the method of randoming picking a word and a number and putting them together...blink 182, sum 41, matchbox 20, etc...

Hey...that name was censored....:laugh: That is too funny, that that word is not even allowed to be written here :up:

Last edited:
Any band name that includes the lead singers name and then is followed by band.

must hang sally :censored:

I've been around since Noah was a bass player in a band ( I think his band was called " Raiders of the Lost Ark"...I think)
so I've seen that many trends in band names come and go.
It seems no matter how stupid a band name is , it eventually gets accepted or people adapt it slightly to make it more user friendly.
If all the hours spent choosing a band name were added up, why....it would be lots.

Elvis Presley said:
BNL is a silly name, but they are a silly band after all, not alot of seriousness there, i saw them live once and they were great............

:D

did you get hit with any kraft? first time i saw them i got smacked in the head with a whole box...but it was still a great show!

i think everclear's name sucks....like the band though :reject:

they might be giants :down:
linkin park
sweat pants boners
sleeping with yor sister
bubba's fat friend

Last edited:
HeartlandGirl said:

:lmao: Are you kidding me? BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

no i wish i was though :lol:

i should be able to think of a million more stupid band names...but that's all i'm remembering at the moment

i'll have more later. i'll write them all down when i'm at the campus radio station later.

There's no joking about Sweat Pants Boners....

Oh, you mean that's a band? ......

u2popmofo said:
There's no joking about Sweat Pants Boners....

Oh, you mean that's a band? ......

:laugh:

If I ever start a band, I'm gonna name it "Bloody Fish Heads" because when I was little my dad used to catch fish and scare me with the bloody heads with their eyes and mouths still moving :scream:

Also because it's stupid :wink: Stupid names are more memorable and always good for confusing older family members.

stretch armstrong. they're actually a pretty cool band...but remember that thing, it was that rubbery toy action figure thing that you could stretch. did they name their band after that? or was it a totally seperate thing...

I've always thought Bare Naked Ladies was one of the best band names ever.

Think about it, if you're a guy and someone asks you if you like Bare Naked Ladies, you really cant say no. I mean, who knows if they mean the band or the real deal.

Talk about a clever trick name.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
I've always thought Bare Naked Ladies was one of the best band names ever.

Think about it, if you're a guy and someone asks you if you like Bare Naked Ladies, you really cant say no. I mean, who knows if they mean the band or the real deal.

Talk about a clever trick name.

They actually were banned from doing a show in Toronto early in their careers because of their names...

Stupidest band name:

Bachman Turner Overdrive

Salome said:
The Beach Boys
Smashing Pumpkins
The Beatles
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

there are more stupid than normal names out there

a great name is Palace Music though
reminds me that some of the lousiest names made some of the best music

I've always liked the name Smashing Pumpkins

what I cant stand is Audioslave, they were originally called Civilian, which would have been a million times better, great band though... ironically, Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine were great names for those particular bands

Pink Floyd is still probably the best and most fitting name of any *great* band.

Back
Top Bottom