Stupid Kid Things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What stupid/silly things did you do/think as a child?

*When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be Alex Trebek (the Jeopardy guy). Not to be LIKE him, but to BE HIM. I thought he was the smartest person in the world. He knew all the Jeopardy answers!

*My dad told me chocolate milk came from the chocolate cow. Of course! I was 4. Natch, I always looked for the chocolate cow when we drove by the farms. For a while, I thought Bulls were chocolate cows.

*I was doing a project and asked my dad where they spoke Yiddish. He told me, "Yiddland, of course."
So, for years, I assumed Yiddland was one of those Soviet Satellite countires. Duh!

I think I was very impressionable.

I wanted to marry my brother cos he was always so nice to me. :|

I ran around in our garden playing Indiana Jones discovering many great things like rotten leafs or old cans. :yes: :rolleyes: :hmm: These were times...

~There was a factory in a nearby town that always pumped large, white clouds of smoke out of a tall, skinny smokestack. My sister and I thought it was a "cloud maker"...we would get all excited when we would be driving through the town and could watch the clouds being made. :D

~There was this bunny who lived next to a building downtown on the waterfront that my parents would always drive us by because we loved to see the cute bunny. One day...we drove by...and the bunny wasn't moving. We asked why it wasn't moving, and our parents told us the bunny was sleeping. The bunny "slept" there for a really, reallly long time before disappearing. Today, we always know of that spot as "Where The Bunny Sleeps".

I always played Indiana Jones, too, but I was the chick from the first one, I forgot her name. I always played the love interest, lol.

I was also one of the idiots who thought there were monsters under my bed. One night I even had a dream they came though my window and I left the house so that they'd get my parents and I could leave unharmed. I was a nice daughter, lol.

I liked playing house/ school with my little brother and sister

I also loved tidying but my mum told me recently I only put my toys away and I only vaccummed with a toy vaccum lol!! :rolleyes:

When I was 4 she said I made jam and bread with glasses of milk for her and my Dad lol :cute:

I had a nurses outfit and wore it when I went to see my Granny in hospital & they gave me clips for my hat & a wee light thing lol

:wave:

My dad was making up some story about how wild beans run through the yard late at night and you can set a trap and bait it with Kool-Aid and catch them.
He didn't know I was listening...
Me: (with real big 3-year old eyes) Reeeeeally Daddy???

We ended up diggin a little hole and putting kool-aid in a bottle cap at the bottom, and in the middle of the night Dad snuck out there and dumped a bag of beans in it :lol:
Mom cooked the wild beans for dinner the next night.

:lmao: @ this thread
These 2 older girls used to babysit me when I was about 5, and they always talked about guys they liked.. and they told me to marry someone you have to love them, so I said I wanted to marry my dad :rolleyes:

I used to clean the sink for fun to make it shiny :|

I used to love to sort our coupon box, peel corn on the cob, and peel hard boiled eggs. :crack:

Freaks
I thought my best friend and I were the only ones on the planet who played indiana jones.
she was prettier than me and always the boss so i had to play Indy
i also got stuck with the clown suit when she always got the ballerina outfit :|

We used to play with our doctor's kids who were Indians. I thought they were my cousins who just happened to be very dark-skinned. I'm Chinese.

I thought God lived in the sun and a witch lived in the moon. And if we didn't sleep by midnight, the witch would fly to us and frighten us.

My sisters and I climbed our rooftop in search of nails, so we could throw them over the fence onto our neighbour's garden.

We also used to catapult snails from our garden to the street outside and watch the cars go over it.

We were very cruel :(

I used to be in love with band aids.

Even when I wasn't hurt, I would put 'em on anyway

:rolleyes:

I've also always been a tomboy so I used to beat up my brother's friends. I'm a good biter.:evil:

one thing my mom told me this summer when I was REALLY sick with this stomach bug...and she was sitting with me while I was falling asleep. She was like.... O_O bc I was rubbing my feet together. She said I used to do that when I was a baby falling asleep and she didn't know I still did it. I never even really noticed, but I've always done it.....

BONOCHICK---- sorting the coupon box RULED.... LOL I used to LOVE that. Recipe box too :tongue:

I was such a reject

I used to pretend I was Wonder Woman....I had the underoos and everything.

I used to make up songs and sing them to myself when I had trouble sleeping at night.

I wanted to marry Michael Jackson (this was back when he was human ;) )

when I got pissed off or frustrated I was bite the side of my right index finger...

MonaVox said:
BONOCHICK---- sorting the coupon box RULED.... LOL I used to LOVE that. Recipe box too :tongue:

OMC!!!

Our recipe book was next to our coupon box. One time, there were a bunch of loose pages hanging out of it, so I decided to clean it up for my mom. It was then that I found out where the "Tooth Fairy" had been putting our teeth...in a Zip-loc bag in our recipe book.

So...upon this kid finding a bag of teeth in a recipe book, I started screaming my damn head off...that was traumatic!!! I started thinking that either my parents robbed the Tooth Fairy and were hiding the teeth...or my parents put teeth in our food!! :uhoh: :laugh:

Another sleeping thing......

I AM SUCH A WEIRD SLEEPER.

Ever since I was little I've been used to sleeping with something against my chest....I don't know WHY. I guess I always just fell asleep on top of a stuffed animal or something..... I have a flat Curious George to prove it....

anyway even today I have to do that. I never even REALLY picked up on it until my bf was like WHY IS YOUR DOG (my stuffed dog, Senor Pupito) BETWEEN YOUR BOOBS?

ME: O_O WHAT?

so now I'm really conscious of it......I'm like I NEED SOMETHING THERE.... either my dog or like......my ARM.....gaw...

It also helps me get comfortable (I sleep on my stomach, kinda) if I have a hand under my hip. I DON'T KNOW.

Thank you all.....

MonaVox said:
Another sleeping thing......

I AM SUCH A WEIRD SLEEPER.

Ever since I was little I've been used to sleeping with something against my chest....I don't know WHY. I guess I always just fell asleep on top of a stuffed animal or something..... I have a flat Curious George to prove it....

anyway even today I have to do that. I never even REALLY picked up on it until my bf was like WHY IS YOUR DOG (my stuffed dog, Senor Pupito) BETWEEN YOUR BOOBS?

ME: O_O WHAT?

so now I'm really conscious of it......I'm like I NEED SOMETHING THERE.... either my dog or like......my ARM.....gaw...

It also helps me get comfortable (I sleep on my stomach, kinda) if I have a hand under my hip. I DON'T KNOW.

Thank you all.....

Mmmmm....

MonaVox's boobs....

Weird stuff...

I was a bad child. I told my sister to cut her hair, and she did (Surprise! Crayols safety scissors that are to only cut paper work on hair too!!) Then, we hid it under a book that was on the couch so mom wouldn't find it...

My sister also got sent to bed one night without dinner. She woke me up, and told me she was hungry. I told her to go eat some of the cat food. She told me it tasted like soy sauce.

We were constantly throwing stuff into the neighbour's yard for some reason. Smokes stolen from mom, empty juice boxes, candy wrappers, tampons... They never once complained.

Also, my sister and I would take turns jumping out our window, then sneaking back through our back door so mom wouldn't catch us doing it. Apparently it's dangerous (we were only on the first floor, and we had bunk beds, so we'd just climb to the top bunk, into the window, and hop out.

*remembers another*

My sister told me that if you drank wanter non-stop while going to the bathroom...that you would never stop going...:shifty: I was always too afraid to try cuz I thought it meant once I drank like a glass of water that I would literally NEVER stop. :uhoh:

I didn't really do much kid stuff. I taught myself how to read and my mom talked the library into giving me a card when I was three. I DID used to go there sometimes and listen to their "Monster Mash" record over and over. :shrug:

I LOVED washing dishes and dusting and vacuuming when I was little. I called the washing machine the "washamaclothesamacleaner."

I never lied. I STILL can't. But I would always get accused of lying by my stepbrothers and my dad would spank me.

I wasn't allowed to watch Cinderella or other movies with an evil stepmother. I'd read all of the original Grimm's fairytales when I was fourt, though, so it's not like I didn't know all the stories. :rollseyes:

I sucked my thumb until I was 10. My dad told me he'd give me $100 if I stopped (for two weeks, I think), so I did and then when I got the money, I started sucking my thumb again. I only got $10, though. :(

Not George Lucas said:

Mmmmm....

MonaVox's boobs....

yeah that's right
3359337523232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323348%3A3%3B83%3Aot1lsi

:shifty:

When I was 10 and visiting my relatives in Tennessee, two of my boy cousins convinced me that there were wild 'snipes' living in the woods, and that we could go out at night and catch them with a flashlight and a paper bag. Wow! A snipe hunt! That's what I get for being a dumb Yankee, I guess.:(

I used to like being "lickled" - which is tickled to ppl who can talk ;)

I called girls- gay-els and snow was knowsh

When my dad read my the 3 bears i went to bed and woke up in the night crying and told him the bears were in my room....when he said they werent real i cried so much he put me in between my mum and him in their bed, then about 15 minsutes later i started telling him the bears were at the foot of the bed and i really scared him lol

I also had a dislike of having shoes in my room and went around my room every nite and sometimes my mum and dad hid a pair of shoes to make me howl....lol.....

I also hated flies and i always cried "the slies are eating me" hahah

My mum and dad showed me photos of me in my baby book when i was 4 and i started to cry cus i was on my own on one picture and i thought id been abandonned lol

I liked playing in the coal bunker and then getting the hose out and was covered in black soot

Our next door neighbours had 2 sons, one was my age and one was a year older- they stole the lid off my yellow teapot and i punched him- i used to fight with all the children in the street
:ohmy: :eeklaugh:

-when i was about 5 or 6 i saw the movie Gremlins, since then i believed gremlins lived under my bed and if i had to go to the toilet in the night i would jump out of bed so i would land about a metre from it so the gremlins couldnt grab me :no:

-when i was about 6 my mum took me somewhere and i got my face painted, the next day i thought i would try out my own face painting skills on my 3 year old brother, only with felt tip pens :lol: ;)

- oh and i remember the time i thought i was 'She-Ra Princess of power' :shrug: :crazy: ;)

- oh and the time, (i think i was about 14) i told my brother he was adopted :mac: he got really upset and mum had to get the birth certificates out and everything. that was really evil and i did feel guilty about it ;)

Back
Top Bottom