Stump the Pink Floyd Guru!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveC

Blue Crack Addict
Well I, as self-proclaimed resident Pink Floyd guru ( :wink: ) have decided to set up a little game. Ask me any Pink Floyd-related question, anything, no matter how obscure (within reason, not like "What did Syd Barrett say at 2:34 PM on October 23, 1966" or something like that). If you stump me, I will send you a prize. I'm not exactly sure what that prize will be, but it will be tangible.

Listen.

Read.

Think.

Communicate.

Ask away.

what promise from you, dave, can we trust in regards to this concern?

do you swear on the precious, for example?

That's a subjective question. Opinions cannot be "Wright" (pun intended) or wrong, and therefore do not count as valid questions.

But to answer it, to me it seems as if it's about nothing. Like it has no specific meaning. But like I said, it's subjective. ;)

how dark is this moon?
pdSTSMP0016.gif

LOL.

Seriously though, I do have a prize for you if you can stump me with a serious, honest-to-god Pink Floyd question that I will ship to you absolutely free of charge.

DaveC said:
That's a subjective question. Opinions cannot be "Wright" (pun intended) or wrong, and therefore do not count as valid questions.

But to answer it, to me it seems as if it's about nothing. Like it has no specific meaning. But like I said, it's subjective. ;)

Oh dear DaveC, I'm not happy with that :wink:. I mean there must be a reason why they decided to call it Terminal Frost.

They probably decided to call it Terminal Frost because it sounds cool.

The Pink Floyd song with the most chords...hmm...I know it's a Syd song...See Emily Play is the answer. 14 different chords in the first verse and chorus, plus including the bridge would probably put it up around 20.

Well I don't know, it all sounds a bit sus to me ;). Actually, there's a good theory going round that it's about a nuclear winter. Or it could be named after Roger Waters.

Proper question then. Which tracks did Rick Wright play on for Momentary Lapse?

Mirrorball Man said:
Which tracks did Rick Wright play on for Momentary Lapse?

Nobody really knows for sure besides the band themselves. However, it is commonly accepted that he played on On The Turning Away , Sorrow, and Yet Another Movie.

what were the two pigs called in the division bell tour?

Syd and Roger!

Heheh...I'm enjoying this, these questions are easy! :D

There's a book that lists who played what on every PF song. I can't remember what it's called though! But I remember it listing Wright's name under Terminal Frost. He plays some tinkley piano in the background and a bit of organ. He also did an organ solo for On the Turning Away that Gilmour said they didn't use "not because it wasn't any good, it just didn't fit".

how old was Dave Gilmour when he joined?

who sang lead vocal on "Have a Cigar?"

Where was "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" recorded?

damn..I just saw the other thread.

scrap the Roy Harper question :mad:

Basstrap said:
how old was Dave Gilmour when he joined?

who sang lead vocal on "Have a Cigar?"

Where was "Piper at the Gates of Dawn" recorded?

1. He was born on March 6/46, and joined the Floyd in January of 68, so he would have been 21 at the time.

2. Roy Harper.

3. Abbey Road Studios, London.

In the famous words of Darth Vader: "All too easy." :wink:

No...no he wasn't. He was born on March 6, 1946. He joined in January 1968. Do the math. He was 21 years old, and 10 months.

Think about it.

And don't act like you can beat me ever again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom