Study habit tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I have had trouble studying lately...well I've always had trouble with it. But now is the time that I'll fail miserabily if I don't study. It's ironic that I'm asking for ways to study better on a place that is one of the biggest distractions. Oh well, tell me what you got.

Some people study better with silence, and some people need noise. So, depending on the type of person you are, maybe either locking yourself somewhere in complete silence will work...or blasting U2 music...

The best study tip that I use when studying for tests is to go through all of my notes, etc. and highlight important stuff before even studying.

This WAS a serious question, wasn't it? You weren't just bagging me for asking for sleep tips, were ya?

*Bonochick has been experiencing paranoia lately*

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

good study tip: know yourself.

cos some days are better than others...

some days you're sleepy,

other days leaky...

and other days,

you can't stand the sight of a text book,

some days you want to study but you cant,

and some days you do

and some days you HAVE to,

cos you have an exam to CRAM for!!

------------------
"What fish don't know"--Marshall McLuhan

http://www.envy.nu/meisce/u2/

http://glamourpuss.blogspot.com

If you've always had difficulty studying, you need a new routine. Maybe change the venue. If you usually study in your room, try the library, away from the computer, phone and TV.
Find the best way to focus solely on your material, limit your potential distractions.

Study drunk like I do! It works!

------------------
Please change my status

Originally posted by Bonochick:
Trust him! He's on the Dean's List...
biggrin.gif

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Testify!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
I'm A Hot Stud.

Originally posted by mikal:
Study drunk like I do! It works!

Trust him! He's on the Dean's List...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"But you take what you can get,
Cuz it's all that you can find,
But you know there's something more,
Tonight, tonight, tonight..."

LOL@ being drunk!

I dunno, I have to study for a midterm or what have you at least a week or a couple of days before the midterm. Because I hate trying to cram all that info in like one night! But then again, I stay up freaking night before the midterm going over everything!
mad.gif
ARGH!

------------------
"Were one but we're not the same... some us like the POP LOOK!" - ME!

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Tell others that you're planning to study tonight, that may make you feel responsible to study.

Go to the library and don't look up every time someone walks past. Keep your eyes on the book.

Underline only the essentials. Sometimes nothing is highlighted because you highlight everything you read.

I gotta run now, more tips maybe next time.

foray

p/s I never really studied in college anyway! But for what it's worth

1. You better stay in a place which have no internet access...
2. Go through the notes once or twice is my habit of study too. Try to explain the notes to yourself instead of just studying and studying.
3. I use to buy myself some snacks and eat while studying. It's a good way to keep yourself concentrate. (Well... at least it is for me.
tongue.gif
)

GO STUDY NOW!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 10-10-2001).]

Originally posted by christiana:
1. You better stay in a place which have no internet access...

that?s an important one.

Also, come up with a routine and stick to it. Let?s say, be at the library to study at 9am, go only to lunch at 12 and so on. It?s hard, but it works.

------------------
Action-Packed Mentallist

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Plan ahead... don't wait 'til the day before a paper is due to do your research.

Write your notes more than once. I always wrote notes by hand in class, added to them with the reading, and then typed them.

These simple things are what allowed me to turn in my Thesis two months before it was due... It can work for you too!
smile.gif

------------------
The lunatic, the lover, and the poet are of imagination all compact.
- MSND, Vi

Study at 18/19 degrees Celsius; that's the best temperature for your brain to work in.

Work out a timetable and allow a few days to revise again all that you've revised.

Enjoy it.

-----------------------

Actually, Johnny, I never had any strategies at all when I used to study because no matter what I tried, it just didn't work for me. I always wanted to go do something else. Well, I eventually chose school subjects that I truly enjoyed (which you have the opportunity to do in Uni) and studying became very fun because it wasn't studying anymore, it was learning. I also never stuck to any schedule; just studied when I felt like it and capitalised on those moods. This may make me sound like a freak, but I really enjoyed sitting for my 'A' levels years ago because it was fun during those study breaks where I could organise my time however I wanted without any college schedule to stick to. And it was fun trying to remember things in creative ways like songs and spider charts. For that particular exam, I didn't score like an overachiever, in fact I just barely got by with those grades, but I don't regret it because the process of learning was a great experience. I didn't really care about the end result.

foray

------------------
the only thing I know is that I know nothing

Try switching studies and colleges 3 times.You start....quit, start somewhere else again....guit, start again somewhere else.........it worked for me!!!!
smile.gif

But then university (excl books) only costs about $1200,- a year for Dutch citizens......

------------------
Vorsprung durch Technik

1. Never study late at night in bed.
2. Never study in bed.
3. The best time to study is in the morning around 9 or 10am when your mind is freshest.
4. Cramming works, but it doesn't last very long. Plan accordingly...
5. Set small goals, then reward yourself with small breaks or other rewards.

Back
Top Bottom