Studio B with Shepard Smith

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
Does anyone else watch Fox News and hate this man? I'm sorry, but I can't stand him. At all. I watch his show only for the news aspects, and he just bugs the crap out of me. So I had to release my anger on this forum. :lol:

22_61_smith_shepard_320.jpg

He looks like he's not even real! :|

LikeNoOneBefore said:
Does anyone else watch Fox News and hate this man? I'm sorry, but I can't stand him.

Why would you hate someone you don't know at all, or allow someone on TV to stir up such strong emotions?

Man, I'm new to this place, but there sure seems like a lot of unhappy and negative people around. That is sad. :(

If he's a good journalist, I'm the Easter Bunny.

I don't watch much TV news, but when I do, I always steer clear of Fox News. He's especially guilty of a level of sensationalism and exaggerated rhetoric that I just don't think belongs in TV news.

A lot of people complain that the American public isn't well enough informed about what's going on in the country and the world, but I think part of the way to change that is to more carefully choose news anchors. The major networks' evening news anchors are okay, but what about people who can't watch the 6:30 news?

Haha one day, my friend and I were talking about him (yeah, this how little of a life I have :crack: ), and he goes "Every single story is some HUGE deal to him. It's like he was trained during 9/11." I stared at my friend for a few seconds and then said, "....he was."

Yeah, no one ever knew who this guy was, then after 9/11, he suddenly has his own show. :lol:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
A lot of people complain that the American public isn't well enough informed about what's going on in the country and the world, but I think part of the way to change that is to more carefully choose news anchors. The major networks' evening news anchors are okay, but what about people who can't watch the 6:30 news?

I definitely agree with you on that one. :yes:

Last edited:
I'd never seen his show before, but while I was channel surfing today, I caught his show and it was about (surprise) Paris Hilton.

Now, I'm no fan of Paris Hilton (surprise), but wow, he was a complete asshole prick in talking about her. Again, I've shared plenty of my own negative snark about Ms. Hilton, but I'm just some woman on the internet, not someone purporting to be a "journalist" on a news channel. Sheesh.

Oh, and to upabove? Regarding your post here and in the Paris Hilton thread: welcome to the internet. People tend to exaggerate and speak in hyperbole.

(And are occasionally redundant. :wink: )

Yeah I can't stand when journalists put in their own opinion while they're talking, unless their show is aimed at doing that, like Bill O'Reilly's.

Umm, Fox News is an entertainment channel, not a news channel. I don't know why people watch Fox News and then go "Oh, he's not a journalist!"

Earnie Shavers said:
Umm, Fox News is an entertainment channel, not a news channel. I don't know why people watch Fox News and then go "Oh, he's not a journalist!"

spare me

Back
Top Bottom