Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was airing tonight at 10:00?

I already saw it on DVD thanks to Netflix. I'm interested enough to keep watching and see what happens.

I :heart: Matthew Perry.

I have a friend
she is an advertizing exec.

and she got dvds for all the new shows
she said this one

is really good

I got the pilot and most of the other pilots on dvd a few months ago.

Ok. Matthew Perry is great. And the rest of the cast is good but I'm not convinced that the general public will really care to tune in week after week to see the poisoned self absorbed drama that goes on in the entertainment industry and the declining medium of network television. It's not the White House.

And Amanda Peet...I like her...but still needs to take a industrial nail file to her front teeth. And I bet the folks down the street at network are just thrilled that's she's pregnant.

I will say that between the two of them...this beats the SNL themed show "30 Rock"...Alec Baldwin is great but Tina Fey? :yuck: Sorry.

Loved it!! Great break from reality and actually something to watch on a Monday night!! :applaud: :applaud:

Westport said:
Matthew Perry is great. And the rest of the cast is good but I'm not convinced that the general public will really care to tune in week after week to see the poisoned self absorbed drama that goes on in the entertainment industry and the declining medium of network television. It's not the White House.

Strangely enough, after watching the pilot I think I'm going to like this show better than The West Wing, which I could never get into. I thought the White House setting played too much into Sorkin's tendency to be preachy. With the TV industry as a background, it seems like he's stilll getting in the social/political commentary while being funny and snarky at the same time. It's like the cooler, Daily Show version of The West Wing. In other words, it has the potential to be awesome!

Last edited:
Watched it - liked it. Will check it out next week... :up:

I thought they uploaded the whole show online so you could watch the pilot episode prior to Monday evening. I just don't remember where that was or if the link is still there :der:

I enjoyed Judd Hirsch's nutout, I didn't even know he was still alive :wink:

I think one of the shows, or both, will suffer from having two shows about the same subject. And I love Tina Fey.

I'm into it, definitely caught my attention last night. I set the DVR to a series recording on this one.

Bono's shades said:

Strangely enough, after watching the pilot I think I'm going to like this show better than The West Wing, which I could never get into. I thought the White House setting played too much into Sorkin's tendency to be preachy.

Wait till ep. 2. :wink: We get it a day early in Canada. It's not much different than TWW if you ask me.

I think the show is alright but Amanda Peet is terrible (she keeps getting worse) and I don't know who the target audience of this show is going to be longterm. They're obviously already playing up the romance angle to rope in some people that way.

That's no fair Canada gets the shows a day before the US. Why is that? No fair!

I missed this show last week but will catch it tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, if anyone knows the link where the first ep can be viewed online, pass it along, I can at least take a quick look-see before tomorrow night!

Carek1230 said:
That's no fair Canada gets the shows a day before the US. Why is that? No fair!

I missed this show last week but will catch it tomorrow night.

Meanwhile, if anyone knows the link where the first ep can be viewed online, pass it along, I can at least take a quick look-see before tomorrow night!

haha, and we get Grey's Anatomy a week beforehand too! :lol:

Anyway, I preferred the second episode of this series, too much focus on Ms Peet in episode one - the other actors were allowed to shine in this one.

Matthew Perry :up:

I thought was was better last night than last week, but for some reason it puts me to sleep. I fell asleep during both episodes. Just thought I'd share that :wink:

I don't see it lasting past one season

Back
Top Bottom