"Street Fighting Years" - Appreciate!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FitzChivalry

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
At the bottom of the ocean, in the deepest sea
I LOVE this album!!! I've loved it for a long time, but I recently bought a couple other Simple Minds songs off iTunes ("See The Lights" and "Real Life"), so I busted out my copy of "Street Fighting Years" and . . . OH! This album is soooo good!

The first two songs alone: "Street Fighting Years" and "Soul Crying Out" :drool: :drool:

And then there their cover of "Biko". Now I'm a person that rarely, rarely likes the cover version better than the original, but . . . oh! Simple Minds' "Biko" is just :combust:

I can't belive this album came out 1 year after "Rattle and Hum". It doesn't seem that long ago.

Anyway, I'm lovin' this album again and I thought I'd share.

:wave:

Its the one with Belfast Child, right? Think they went downhill after this, Get "Once Upon A Time" fantastic album, brings all my teenage years back in one listen.

zoobeatle said:
Its the one with Belfast Child, right? Think they went downhill after this, Get "Once Upon A Time" fantastic album, brings all my teenage years back in one listen.

Yeah, "Street Fighting . . ." has Belfast Child.

Oh well, I think "Sparkle In The Rain" is definitely their best album overall, and "Once Upon A Time" has all the big hits . . . . and I do love those albums, but I just think "Street Fighting Years" is really good and underappreciated, maybe not great . . . but very good.

And yeah, they did go downhill after "Street Fighting . . .", though "See The Lights" is a really great song and it came after.

Back
Top Bottom