Straya thread part 5 - scallops and slippery dips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do the Libs really think it's a good idea to respond to marriage equality by saying "we want to focus on more important things first"? Even Turnbull's doing it.

Because all I get out of that is "gay people don't matter to us", and saying that isn't exactly going to win support or votes.

Let's hope he now keeps his angry middle-aged white man anger to himself.

Also, just further proof that Buzzfeed now needs to be taken seriously as a journalism outlet. So interesting that "reputable" sites all started copying Buzzfeed's clickbait style and now Buzzfeed is doing "proper" journalism better than anyone. Bravo :up:

Also, just further proof that Buzzfeed now needs to be taken seriously as a journalism outlet. So interesting that "reputable" sites all started copying Buzzfeed's clickbait style and now Buzzfeed is doing "proper" journalism better than anyone. Bravo :up:

Ehh. They have done some good reporting of late, and the Latham takedown is a strong example, but "better than anyone"? Not sure about that at all, and their format does not lend itself to nuanced treatment of complex issues. The Guardian, for example, was the outlet that did the most rigorous research and had the most scoops on the Bronwyn Bishop/parliamentary expenses scandal.

The clickbait style, no matter who uses it, needs to die. I suppose that's inevitable really. People will increasingly recognise it and become immune or averse to it and some other attention-grabbing gimmick will replace it.

I'm more referring to the original, US-centric Buzzfeed, who have done a great deal of very good news reports and investigative journalism alongside the clickbait. BuzzfeedOz is starting to turn the corner and we're going to see that good reporting increase more and more and more. They were recently given a spot in the gallery, so people are now taking them seriously.

Back
Top Bottom