Story behind your username

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I was about to join Interference, I saw a bunch of people with U2 related usernames, and I thought "Hey, I like the whole 'Dream Out Loud' thing, I'll choose it!" (and 13 is my favourite number, and I add it to everything)
But after a few months of being here, after I'd really started getting settled in, I wished I'd registered as "Sapphires13" instead, which is my username everywhere else (because dark blue is my favourite colour, and I love sapphires). Oh well, I'm used to DreamOutLoud13 now :)

Mine is from The Last Unicorn, one of my favorite movies ever. Schmendrick is the Last of the Red Hot Swamis. I've always wanted to be a Red Hot Swami, and thanks to Interference, my dream has finally come true!

redhotswami said:
Mine is from The Last Unicorn, one of my favorite movies ever. Schmendrick is the Last of the Red Hot Swamis. I've always wanted to be a Red Hot Swami, and thanks to Interference, my dream has finally come true!

I finally saw that movie for the first time over the summer and I've been meaning to tell you for a while how much it makes me laugh everytime I see your name.

There's a Depeche Mode track called "Easy Tiger".

I just liked the name :happy:

I only use this username here, it was already taken everywhere else and I refuse to have a username with numbers :angry:

redhotswami said:

You got that right about being redhot :flirt:

<---- my family pet name. My name is Lies (leeeeees) so in Dutch my family calls me Liesje (leeeeesheh) or in English, Liesy (leeeeseee).

My other name, LivLuvAndBootlegMusic I just chose b/c I wanted something fun and not exclusively U2.

UberBeaver said:
I always wondered why people called you that. It never dawned on me that it was YOUR NAME.

:yes:

...and nope, it's not short for anything, although usually people w/ my name are usually Liesbeth, Liesl, or Liese. Lies is basically like "Liz", just another derivative of Elizabeth.

Back in the days of Mplayer, I needed a username. I wanted something different. I liked Raven.. and then I started going through colours to see what fit best. I like Raven Red, but RavenBlue just seemed to flow. It's been my main s/n just about everywhere

Red Rocks= One their best performances ever.

Funny thing is when I meet new people from here, they always go RED ROCKS!

I do the same :reject: like when I met Deadmansparty (Ricky) at his bar :lol:

I still call Sicy, Sicy instead of her real name and Doozer, Dooz instead of Kathie. (She calls me Doorknob :grumpy: )
Go figure :)

Everyone calls me Sicy.. at every gathering. I feel weird if my real name is used. :weird:

Sicy = short for Sicilian.

It's not just a screen name but my widely used nickname and pseudonym.

Anu (pronounced Ah-new) is short for Anuran which means frog in Latin.

From 1988-2003, I was known as Sunfrog or Sunfrog Jazz or Andy Sunfrog. Now, I go by Anu, Anuran, or Anuran Sol. I have a new last name to go with it, so I'm often signing things Anu Bonobo. My partner is Viva Bonobo.

In the movie "Major League", there is a baseball player character named Pedro Cerrano (played by Dennis Haysbert who has gone on to be recognized as President Palmer in "24" and the All-State insurance spokesperson). He prays to a little idol in his locker that he called jobu.

My husband's name is Joe and his friends started calling him joeboo after that movie came out. We when got married, they started calling me dawnboo (my first name is Dawn) and when our son Matthew was born, they christened him Mattboo.

Thora - a nickname I've had for years. My friends and I were drunk one night, and decided to look up Nordic goddess sounding names for each other. All of the names we picked ended in the letter "a" for some reason.

SEB - my initials.

I added SEB because I thought Thora would be taken. It wasn't. I don't like the SEB part, but what can you do. :)

Back
Top Bottom