Story behind your username

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love: this thread! I've always just loved the sound Bono makes in An Cat Dubh - shika!!!! And it bears a slight resemblence to my real name, so it just stuck.

:eyebrow: Laird is an old Scottish name meaning landlord.... and Bono is the singer in this Irish band called U2. They're pretty good. If you get a chance, check them out. :up:

when i was 3 i refused to eat anything but scones so my uncle called me sconehead and hes called me it ever since! but now i get it shortened to scone. lol. now a few more mebers of family have picked up on it and then later on my mates did.

(does get a lil embarrassing when somebody yells it down the street)

sconehead said:
when i was 3 i refused to eat anything but scones so my uncle called me sconehead and hes called me it ever since! but now i get it shortened to scone. lol. now a few more mebers of family have picked up on it and then later on my mates did.

(does get a lil embarrassing when somebody yells it down the street)

I'm glad the nickname given to me by MY crazy uncle didn't stick. It'd be pretty hard to pick up the ladies if everyone was calling you Piss Willy. :|

two shots of Happy, one shot of sad - thats one of my all time favourite songs.

One shot sounded boring. Hence Two Shots! Life is full of them, and the song, which could almost be an epitaph - just demonstrates what you get.

PookaMacP said:

The Third Policeman is a superb book too, if a little (ok, a lot) off the wall. Very funny, but At-Swim-Two-Birds is just genius. His columns from the Irish Times when he wrote under the name Myles na gCopaleen are collected in 'The Best of Myles' too which is a great read. He also wrote some works in Irish, one of which, 'An Beal Bocht', is translated as 'The Poor Mouth', a brilliant satire on the Irish Gaelic revival in the early twentieth century.

Hope you enjoy the book!

Just finished the Third Policeman. I enjoyed it. I think i'll check out come more of his books.

My name is totally stupid and I wish I could change it to U24ME. Actually last year I got a vanity license plate and I was going to get that. Then I changed my mind and got BEVS Z3. What can I say, I make bad decisions. I didn't keep the vanity plate after the first year was over. However, I am stuck with BEVERLY56 forever. Actually I use that as my user name on almost every account I ever log into. Its just easy to remember.
By the way - Great idea for a thread!!!

sue4u2, one lame, hurried thought I didn't know I WOULD BE STUCK WITH FOREVER.. :wink:
although I was behind a jeep the other day with a license tag: s4u2b..good thing the light changed..:shifty: I wanted that tag.

Back
Top Bottom