Story behind your username

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Girl416 said:
I didn't really take much time to come up with my name. it's my login to several different sites and it's hard enough to remember all the passwords, let alone different screen names. so there ya go, and the '416' is my bday.

Really? Mine is 4/9! Yay for April babies :D

I know you all don't remember that song from way back when I was a kid--but it went bend me, shape me, anyway you want me--Well that's how I came up with Bono's Doll-cause well that's why. :huh:

Hewson said:
Don't sell yourself short, those of us here as far back as 2001 know its short for Sicilian Goddess.

Well ya but how many people are still around from then? :lol:

Plus technically it IS short for Sicilian. :D

My friends and I from a previous job all came up with some 'goodfellas' gangster names. Mine was Jimmy da fish! Even now, everyone in the maintanence group has a nickname. We have Guido, Vinny, Smiley (doesn't smile much), Joey two-toes (supervisor), and myself, Jimmy da fish.

I've defaulted to the 'daafish' spelling because dafish is often already used.

daafish said:
My friends and I from a previous job all came up with some 'goodfellas' gangster names. Mine was Jimmy da fish! Even now, everyone in the maintanence group has a nickname. We have Guido, Vinny, Smiley (doesn't smile much), Joey two-toes (supervisor), and myself, Jimmy da fish.

I've defaulted to the 'daafish' spelling because dafish is often already used.

:lol:

just finished reading another thread and I have visions of fish named jack and bubblenests...and then here comes daafish....

Well, back in the day, folks used to always call me a prick. But, in an endearing way of course. Anyway, I 'd always correct them and say "That's Mr. Prick to you." So, when I arrived to the internet several years, I knew Mr Prick would be my name. But, I didn't want to blatantly offend people so I got all clever and cute and came up with MrPryck2U to you. Plus if you look really close U2 is in there, but flip flopped.

I'm one of the folks that remembers Sicy when she was called Sicilian Goddess. As a matter of fact, I used to refer to her just as The Goddess. But, then she went and grew up and transformed herself into Sicy.
She'll always be the Goddess, though. The Goddess of Interference!

I don't know why I settled on Diemen. I think I originally wanted wanderer, but it was taken (and that bastard doesn't even post anymore! :madwife: ), so I chose another name from a U2 song.

Sicy said:

Well ya but how many people are still around from then? :lol:

I remember! Although for some reason when you changed to Sicy I pronounced it Sigh-see in my head for the longest time.

Yeah. :der:

Diemen said:
I don't know why I settled on Diemen. I think I originally wanted wanderer, but it was taken (and that bastard doesn't even post anymore! :madwife: ), so I chose another name from a U2 song.

I remember! Although for some reason when you changed to Sicy I pronounced it Sigh-see in my head for the longest time.

My mom's boyfriend did, too, one day when I was showing them something U2ey on the forum and they saw her name. So, you're not the only one. :wink:

Diemen said:

It isn't pronounced this way?:ohmy:

Mine's the name that sometimes comes up when I text my real name using predictive text messaging.

Pooka MacPhellimey is a character from the funniest book ever written - Flann O'Brien's 'At-Swim-Two-Birds', hence PookaMacP.

From the opening (one of 3) of that book:
The Pooka MacPhellimey, a member of the devil class, sat in his hut in the middle of a firwood meditating on the nature of numerals and segregating in his mind the odd ones from the even. He was seated at his diptych or ancient two-leaved writing-table with inner sides waxed. His rough long-nailed fingers toyed with a snuff-box of perfect rotundity and through a gap in his teeth he whistled a civil cavatina. He was a courtly man and received honour by reason of the generous treatment he gave his wife, one of the Corrigans of Carlow.

Flann O'Brien, by the way, was a genius.

Back
Top Bottom