Story behind your username

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Lemon

MacPhisto is badass

combine them and you have a Lemon-loving badass

:happy:

...my life is full of lies.

Sicy said:
Everyone calls me Sicy.. at every gathering. I feel weird if my real name is used. :weird:

Sicy = short for Sicilian.

True story. I called her once by her real name at the last gathering we went to. She didn't even respond. :der: :giggle:

I guess I can explain my name. Way back in highschool by best friend was glancing through my Gaelic/English Dictionary. She came across a word that (she thought anyway) described me perfectly. Cleasai (adj) Trickster. :shifty: I've only seen the name being used by one other person and he was really weird.

Some good stories here.

Phillyfan26 is my name.

ETA: Alright I lied. My name isn't really Phillyfan26.

But I am a Philadelphia fan. And 26 is Chase Utley, who is the man.

Last edited:
Indra is a Hindu god so I thought that fit me, a female of Anglo/Germanic ancestry raised in the US mid-west, perfectly. ;)

Actually the night I registered here I had been chatting online with someone who went by Indra that evening and I liked the way it looked and sounded, so I used it.

Mine is from 'One'. Not very original, but I couldn't think of many lyrics on the spot. And, now it's my username on everything, or a variation of it...and lots of people think I'm odd because of it...:lol:

onebloodonelife said:
Mine is from 'One'. Not very original, but I couldn't think of many lyrics on the spot. And, now it's my username on everything, or a variation of it...and lots of people think I'm odd because of it...:lol:

I thought you just really liked the Red Cross. :|

Cleasai said:

Cleasai (adj) Trickster. :shifty: I've only seen the name being used by one other person and he was really weird.

:lol:

I think sicy is the only person I call in person by her screen name. It's a great name

ok I lied cuz I just thought of a bunch of exceptions :shifty:

Last edited:
Um, lets see. My name is phil kelder. That means I'm Phil K. And I shortened that to philk. Then there's the phrase got milk, and philk rhymes with milk so i went with it. Booyah!

So I ask you again, got philk?

haha...:| bye

Read the lyrics and tell me its not the greatest song ever written.
And its the story of my life.

yea.

The tom-tom when the jungle shadows fall
Like the tick tick tock of the eye of the clock,
You're standing up against the wall.
Like the drip drip drip of the raindrops,
When the summer shower's through,
So a voice within me keeps repeating you, you.

Night and day you are the one...
Only you beneath the moon and under the sun,
Whether near to me or far,
It's no matter, baby, where you are,
I think of you night and day.

Day and night, why is it so,
That this longing for you follows wherever I go...
In the roaring traffic boom,
In the silence of my lonely room,
I think of you, night and day.

Night and day under the hide of me...
There's an, oh, such a hungry yearning,
Burning inside of me.
And it's torment won't be through,
Till you let me spend my life making love to you...
Day and night, night and day

Night and Day.

Night and day under the hide of me,
Oh such a hungry yearning burning,
Burning inside of me.
And this torment won't be through,
Till you let me spend my life making love to you...
Day and night, night and day

Night and day, night and day
Night and day
Night, night, night and day
Night, night, night and day
Night and day, night
Night and day, night and day
I'm in love with you
I'm in love with you

How I miss you baby...
Sing it
Night and Day.

I added my own puncuation, and dots....
thank you, thank you.

:bow:

Last edited:
Years ago I was the only school friend to email my best friend when she lived overseas for a couple of years....she started addressing emails to 'my superglued friend'....then that took too long so I became Gluey!!

nothing like taxing the brain trying to remember the chain of names

I started out on this forum as icelady - that name followed me from way back when, boyfriend had nickname of iceman, he used to party alot and often was found by drinks getting ice, hence the iceman, and then we we married we became known as mr and mrs iceman, and hence I became known as icelady

then I became whackamole - loved the game as a kid, changed name due to personal reasons. Then from there IO used to have this thing where we would play truth or dare, and there was a dare to post in PLEBA a photoshop challenge as well as a real challenge to actually suffer the wrath of PLEBAns :lol:

Anyway, the post had something to do with guacamole("guaca" rhymed with "whacka" :wink:)
Hence I then registered as guaca for a joke, and kept that one for a long time.

I seemed to be followed back then and had to change to a totally unidentifiable name, hence I became lucky charms for no other reason then I like the cereal and its "irish" form.

it is actually fun to remember the reasons behond the names you come up with.

Yeter means "enough" in Turkish. It's kind of an expression when you can't stand something anymore. I lived and worked in Turkey for several years and at the end of my contract I'd definitely had enough! Of the job, that is, not the country or the people-they are both fantastic. Now I wish I had chosen something different!

I love reading how everyone came up with their names.

Mine started many moons ago when I was in high school. I dyed my hair a lovely orangey rust color. At the time my nickname was already Cat. Someone jokingly called me Russty Cat and it stuck. Its my name online, but also my name in real life as well. I have some friends who don't even know that Russty isn't my real name. :lol: My husband and I have discussed making Russty my legal name, since I've used it for 15 years now and I forget sometimes and sign legal documents with it. :giggle:

Devlin is actually one of the names I'd originally considered changing my name to.

I might not, now, though, since it can be used as a woman's name. I want no confusion.

Devlin said:
Devlin is actually one of the names I'd originally considered changing my name to.

I might not, now, though, since it can be used as a woman's name. I want no confusion.

Take out the L and you've got Devin! I know loads of guys named Devin, it is a hot name. I also know some Devons too. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom