Stop the Insanity: The mending fences thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daisybean

Rock n' Roll Doggie, FOB
Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eye
Lately there has been a lot of tension on this board.....Frankly I'm sick of seeing it. I'm sick of coming in here and feeling :banghead: and :sad:
I'm sick of seeing all the :mad: and :sad: faces around here.

This thread is intended to allow everyone who responds the chance to take that first step in mending those fences.
I would like to see every person that responds apologize for a past or present gripe they had with someone. It is not about who is right or who is wrong. It's not about dragging up past arguments and resentments.
It's about forgiving and making the board a better place to be.

Lilly: I've said some pretty horrible things to you in the past, mostly out of hurt feelings and my own insecurites. I apologize for the way I behaved on and off the board.:hug:

I Was Bored, PopMofo, Cujo, Chizip, and the others that hang out in the random threads: You guys are okay, I have nothing against you personally. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad for having your own little friendship that some people don't understand. :hug:

That is all I can think of for now....I'm sure later on I can think up of more.

P.S. THIS THREAD IS NOT INTENDED FOR PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT HOW THEY WERE WRONGED, OR TO DEMAND AN APOLOGY FROM SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!! THERE IS TO BE NO ARGUING IN THIS THREAD!!!! This thread is for swallowing your pride and extending that olive branch to someone else. If you cannot do that, you might as well just hit the back button.

plant flowers in the mud

Well I haven't been mad at anybody for anything, so nobody needs to apologize to me. But if I have offended anybody or made anybody mad let me assure you it wasn't intentional and I do give my sincerest apologies. More likely than not it was my weird sense of humor getting the best of me. I probably rubbed some people the wrong way with the "how do i join a clique" thread so that probably wasn't the best first impression. So hopefully we can just start anew from here.

And I'm glad you think I'm okay, you're okay too. There is a reason normal people don't understand people like me, cujo, and mofo, it's because we don't make sense most of the time. So you are better off just not trying to understand it.

So :hug: all around, and feel free to post in the randooooom thread, we love everybody :sexywink:.

-i appologize for being born on november 25th, 1980... because it's obvious that nothing but pure evil comes from that day... just ask chizip

-i appologize for agreeing with the execution of the demon cats

-i appologize for calling michael moore a pompous blowhard

-i appologize for mooning people with my avatars

-i appologize for insinuating anything about cujo and mofo's alleged relationship

-i appologize for trying to keep that whole matchmaking thread alive well after it had already been killed off

-i appologize ahead of time for any future sarcastic, cynical remarks that i make... i can't help it, it's how i was raised

Last edited:
Daisy, you's an ideas girl! Great thread. I'm sure I need an entire forum of my own to get all my apologies out. I have a mental blank at present. Oh, deep. A while back I got all pissy with ya over that stuff. We got it sorted, but I do apologise. Stupid thing is, we were coming from the same place, just looking in different directions I guess. Actually, take this back. I wasn't pissy AT you, but I took it out ON you. That's probably even worse. But apologies anyway.

Great idea daisy - although I have never really been mad at anyone (other than supremely irritated by a person that is now buh-bye). And I hope no one is mad at me for anything :uhoh:

But yeah, I've felt the tension, and I'm a peacemaker that wants everyone to get along - so lets see if we can't get some of these kinks worked out! :)

hiphop: i have been apologizing to you all week, but i guess one more can't hurt. i am so very, very sorry for starting that thread. I WAS WRONG. my intentions were good, but i was too selfish to see things through your eyes, too foolish to stop and think about how it would make you feel. i am so, so sorry. bitte, forgive me. i am an idiot. i was wrong.

i would also like to apologize to everyone who viewed or replied to that thread. IO is not the place for my dirty laundry. believe me, i have been embarrassed and uncomfortable ever since, and not just because i got blasted at the end of it, which i deserved. angel was right in telling me i was wrong to be talking about hiphop like that. she obviously has much more class than i do. angel, i apologize to you as well.

'cellie: if you get a chance to see this while you are gone, i want to apologize to you too. you fought so hard for me in that train wreck of a thread, but since it never should have been started in the first place, i'm sorry for wasting your time. i miss you.

daisybean, this was a wonderful thread.

I apologise for sometimes being too overbearing in my posts. I don't think I've offended anyone yet, but a couple of times I have disagreed with opinion and I feel that it may have come off as slightly rude, so I'm going to apologise.

OK, I apologise to all PLEBAns for asking why there was no Paul love in PLEBA. I didn't realise that offence would be taken to it, so I do apologise for it. Sorry, PLEBA!

I hope I haven't offended anyone in any of the forums here - please PM me if I have, I'd like to offer an apology on a personal basis.

i apologize to sicy for sticking my nose in and starting a quarrel..i've learned my lesson and i in no way meant to offend you.

I am sorry deathbear.

You will soon recieve a FedEx box at the van you live in down by the river.

Well, at first I thought it would be a funny prank to send you a jar of assorted liquids from my body, but now I think you may find it a bit amateur.

I plan on sending you my pancreas tomorrow to make up for my half-assed attempt at grabbing your attention.

Again, I am sorry.

there's a hole in my bucket, dear liza, dear liza!!

I'm sorry for being a worthless piece of trash!

Well I've unofficially retired from Free Your Mind as I thought my breath was wasted there, and it was kind of getting me down

Cant we all just get along? ;)

Good thread idea, Daisy! :up:

I hope I haven't offended/irritated anyone here, but if I have I'd just like to say I'm sorry.

Hopefully this thread will lead to a happier, more peaceful Interference.

"stop the insanity" is one of my favorite things to shout at random

daisybean said:
Lilly: I've said some pretty horrible things to you in the past, mostly out of hurt feelings and my own insecurites. I apologize for the way I behaved on and off the board.:hug:

daisy: this is rockstar, i was never sure how i hurt your feelings but i'm sorry if i did - no one deserves wrongs. i think there were a great many misunderstandings (which caused hurt i think) on both sides. *hand shake* :hug:

this is the best thread I've seen around here in a long time. Good work Daisy :up:

I'm sorry for hijacking threads with the randoomers, i could definately see how that would be annoying. Chizip, I'm sorry for daring you to make that thread about your avatar that got you in trouble, definately not one of my brighter ideas. To anyone else I might have wronged, I apologize.

I'm sorry for calling Basstrap an Androgynous Hermaphroditic Eunuch...

I don't think anyone here needs to apologize for anything... just have fun and don't take things so seriously.

Cheers.

since this thread is official, for those whom I've offended past present and future, please PM me. :uhoh:

Daisybean I too think that this is a great idea :) I'm not sure if I've offended anyone so I'll just send my regards to anyone who *might* be a lil tiffed at me.

Basstrap (hey I can say your name right afterall :wink:)... I apologise for the teasing I've done. I assure you it's all in jest. You truelly are a great person and everyone I've talked to as well only speaks VERY highly of you :) :up:

BC, Lilly, and MVD... although this is kinda embarrasing, I'm sorry for the uh... *cough* babytalking

Cleasai said:

BC, Lilly, and MVD... although this is kinda embarrasing, I'm sorry for the uh... *cough* babytalking

:lol: good lord if i really do get pissed off at people for stuff like that i should take serious actions and lighten up. so don't apologize, just don't talk like that to me if i am to ever meet you in real life.
:tongue:

*edited to say: :yawn: do not type responses to people on here after you have just woken up and are not wearing your glasses. :reject: *

Last edited:
I think we'd run out of ink, if I listed my mistakes, I'm trying to learn by them

sorry y'all

lilly, iris, daisy, mk, steph: I'm sorry I got mad at you for leaving us. If you feel you've outgrown it in someway, that's your perogative, and not my place to get angry.

everyone else: I know I can get a bit snippy now and then and I'm sorry if I was short with you at any time.

Kristie said:
lilly, iris, daisy, mk, steph: I'm sorry I got mad at you for leaving us.

I didn't know you were mad. :(

To be honest, I left there because I felt like I didn't belong...I think the majority of you were sharing the newness of college experience (and you can ask moobers) but that stuff bored me (I was ten years past that). So I really didn't have a common ground with you (Since the thread was really the only place I went into in terms of pleba). :shrug:

:shifty: I still lurk in there sometimes :shifty:

**edit to add...steph and MK have been MIA from the board for a while :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom