Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, Milan has nothing to do with these things, as much as Inter. In a telephone call with a commentator Moggi reccomanded to talk good about 3 referees (sold referees) and to talk bad about Milan: "Go down on Milan as much as you want!"
But this time the trial won't be a joke at all, there's a revolution right now in Italy, and it's very difficult that Moggi wont be guilty. It's gonna be a long trial, but there's nothing to do for him, it's too manifest

Aardvark747 said:
Ruud can fuck off. Rossi and Rooney will do us proud!:drool:

Christ! am I glad i ripped my membership up when gl$&*r took over, if thats how "fans" show their appreciation to one of the all time greats at OT, personally I'd like to thank RUUD for all his efforts whilst gracing the REDS with his presence, and wish him all the best wherever he goes, whoever buys him are getting one of the worlds truly great goalscorers.
Wonder if there's any chance FC United could nick him, he'd be really appreciated there.

Absolutely not, what should Lippi have to do with these affairs................no-no, there are many people behind, but all outside the field. It's regarding a few men who wear in grey who stand behind office desks who have taken money for their pwn interests. Lippi is a clean man, very clean man. But also Juventus, the players have also no faults, what Moggi has done was all in the shadows, and regarded his pockets. There's no doubt about the strenght of the team.

jimmmm said:

Christ! am I glad i ripped my membership up when gl$&*r took over, if thats how "fans" show their appreciation to one of the all time greats at OT, personally I'd like to thank RUUD for all his efforts whilst gracing the REDS with his presence, and wish him all the best wherever he goes, whoever buys him are getting one of the worlds truly great goalscorers.
Wonder if there's any chance FC United could nick him, he'd be really appreciated there.

If ur gonna sulk for not being in the starting line-up every game, whilst still getting paid for the privelage, he's not worth bothering about imo. He is playing for Manchester UTD not Boston UTD, and he must relalise that competition for places is slightly tougher!

It was quite cool that he played for both teams in different halves.

If ruud is disrupting team harmony then fair enough, there's never room for that (and i should know given all the problems Alpay gave Villa a couple of years ago after the World Cup) but it is still a bit strange if Fergie sells him as he is one of the worlds great goalscorers. Just like it was strange when he sold Jaap Stam.

babyman said:
Lippi is a clean man, very clean man.

Oh yeah.... i'm sure he never noticed the physical transformation of his players and he never noticed that Juve was loved by referees :angel:

guill said:

Oh yeah.... i'm sure he never noticed the physical transformation of his players and he never noticed that Juve was loved by referees :angel:

You can throw all the mud you want on the society, but not on the players and Lippi, they were always honourable..............................looks like you're a Zdenek Zeman addicted, eh?

:wink:

Slightly off topic here, but I really really hope Thierry Henry stays at Arsenal. He's so hot. The best looking footballer deffinately.:drool:

I used to think that Dario Simic, a defender who plays for AC Milan and A Croatian defender, was the sexiest guy in the world. Now I much prefer Bono, he's got more personality.

Dario is far too 'typical' looking for me

bonsai said:
Slightly off topic here, but I really really hope Thierry Henry stays at Arsenal. He's so hot. The best looking footballer deffinately.:drool:

I used to think that Dario Simic, a defender who plays for AC Milan and A Croatian defender, was the sexiest guy in the world. Now I much prefer Bono, he's got more personality.

Dario is far too 'typical' looking for me

Now we know the real reason girls watch football

babyman said:

You can throw all the mud you want on the society, but not on the players and Lippi, they were always honourable..............................looks like you're a Zdenek Zeman addicted, eh?

It's better than being EPO addicted, eh ? :wink:

guill said:

It's better than being EPO addicted, eh ? :wink:

More than obvious! ;)

But I actually think that it's a worldwide affaire the thing with Epo, there should be more controls all around and not only in football. The Juve dope trial was a pure fake thing, but it makes me sad actually when I must think: "Oh,that player is a great champion! But......................." You know, but I still want to believe in the good faith of the players.......................................:rolleyes:

1stepcloser said:

If ruud is disrupting team harmony then fair enough, there's never room for that (and i should know given all the problems Alpay gave Villa a couple of years ago after the World Cup) but it is still a bit strange if Fergie sells him as he is one of the worlds great goalscorers. Just like it was strange when he sold Jaap Stam.

to be honest, even though ruud is a great goal scorer, i'm far more interested in who utd are going to sign for the midfield than wether ruud goes or stays.

Last edited:
Aardvark747 said:

If ur gonna sulk for not being in the starting line-up every game, whilst still getting paid for the privelage, he's not worth bothering about imo. He is playing for Manchester UTD not Boston UTD, and he must relalise that competition for places is slightly tougher!

Of all the great players, STAM, BECKS, INCE, KANCHELSKIS, YORKE, & KEANE, to have been booted out of OT by SAF, RUUD will be the one that will come back to haunt him more than any other, & anyone who thinks Utd have adequate cover for his loss is very sadly mistaken, Chelsea, arse, & the bindippers must be laughing their heads off at the prospect of Saha, or Rossi spearheading Utds attack.
BTW, a strong rumour circulating around many people in the know at OT, Ronaldo is desperate to leave, one of the main reasons, apparently, Fergie has "fallen out" with RUUD is due to a serious bust up in training, which has continued for a while between, RUUD, &, you've guessed, Ronaldo, if I had to choose between the two, well there isn't even a choice to make, is there?

babyman said:

More than obvious! ;)

But I actually think that it's a worldwide affaire the thing with Epo, there should be more controls all around and not only in football. The Juve dope trial was a pure fake thing, but it makes me sad actually when I must think: "Oh,that player is a great champion! But......................." You know, but I still want to believe in the good faith of the players.......................................:rolleyes:

Congrats to the 2006 cup winner, i'm happy for Massimo, too many people betrayed him.
:applaud:

Originally posted by 1stepcloser

Now we know the real reason girls watch football

I would be lying if I told you that I never got into football because I fancied the players, but I do know a bit about the game and I have been known to have a good descussion with guys about Arsenal and the Croatian NT.

Back
Top Bottom