Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, don't forget joe cole too.

according to the bbc, sven is going to take rooney if there's a chance he will be fit for the 2nd phase. which makes sense.

england should still qualify from the group, even without rooney. but after that, especially quarter finals and later you don't really see england winning those games against the best teams in the world without him.

agreed, especially when many don't expect england to fair well against quarter/semi final teams anyway, with or without rooney.

all club play across the world should stop for a six week break, and there should be no friendlies either. no football at all until the wc starts! it'll be like a huge orgasm. :wink:

...plus that way no one else can get hurt.

but no, that's no good either. man u needs to wrap up second place, and they've got their hands full at the moment.

football orgasm :drool:

:wink:

england seem to have the shittiest luck with injuries to key players right before/during major events. beckham, gerrard & g neville in 2002, rooney in 2004 and again now.

as big a man utd fan as i am, i find myself losing interest in the league. have been for a few weeks now. it happens every time there's a intn'l competition in the summer.

Just been on bbc's world cup predictor, can't see beyond Brazil winning, Italy runners up, & Germany to beat Argentina in 3rd/4th place play off, Rooney's injury is just too much for England to cope with alongside a not totally fit Owen, Ashley Cole, & even John Terry's picked up a knock, although he should be fully fit in time
My starting 11 for England, bearing in mind the injuries would be

Don't know what happened there, but again my starting 11 would be

Robinson

G.Neville Terry Ferdinand Carragher

J.Cole Gerrard Lampard Beckham

Owen Beattie/Bent/Defoe?

If everything goes well, Rooney should be ready for the 3rd game of the first part...................................great loss for England though, his absence could be lethal for England

i don't really feel anything about that. he's not the worse choice but i think they could have found better.

it's 7ust dumb they started the process of replacement already.

or the fact they named the coach. that was dumb.

they should have waited till the tourney was over.

Really dissapointed with the choice of Steve McLaren as England manager. The only credential for the job that he has is that he knows the players. He's hardly achieved anything in his managerial career. It's a real shame that we didn't get Phil Scolari, a guy who has won the world cup and proven himself at international level.

I also used to think we had a chance of winning the World Cup but without Rooney i don't think we will. He was the key. Looks like it's another World Cup for Brazil again :(

Damn i'm being pessimistic today...

You english guys are having all a too bad approach!! Come on! Steve McLaren is a good coach, he was a good choice in my opinion, he brought Boro in Uefa Cup final, and maybe he wins it!
Sooner or later you need to give such a coach a chance, only then you can say if he was good or bad. Right now, it was the right choice, he knows how english football works, trust him guys!! Don't wipe before a damage is done, he needs the strenght of the fans, don't be sceptical.

babyman said:
You english guys are having all a too bad approach!! Come on! Steve McLaren is a good coach, he was a good choice in my opinion, he brought Boro in Uefa Cup final, and maybe he wins it!
Sooner or later you need to give such a coach a chance, only then you can say if he was good or bad. Right now, it was the right choice, he knows how english football works, trust him guys!! Don't wipe before a damage is done, he needs the strenght of the fans,

i just don't think he was the best man in the running for the job. i'm not saying he's a bad manager.

and i'm not gonna dwell on it, it's been done and we have to get used to it :wink:

babyman said:
don't be sceptical.

ah, but that is the English way :wink:

Holy cow.

Listened to the ending of that Oxford United-Leyton Orient game.

Orient needed to win to go up automatically, Oxford to avoid being relegated out of the football league.

In the end Orient score in the last minute to win 2-3. Crazy stuff.

After putting Wayne Rooney in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber to help speed his recovery, the medical team at Manchester United is considering using a revolutionary laser treatment on his broken metatarsal.

A leading sports physiotherapist has offered to treat Rooney with scanning laser therapy, which can cut an injury's recovery time by half. Brian Simpson, an expert in the high-speed treatment of trauma injuries, said this could see the England striker back on the pitch within weeks.

"It's quite feasible that he could be playing again in four to five weeks," he said.

Just read that in Red Issue website, fingers crossed

Glad arsenal got the 4th Champions league spot. was a tense day. I also avoided all the results yesterday so i could watch Match Of The Day without knowing what happened...it was great :wink:

Hopefully next seasons title race will be a closer affair. Liverpool are looking good, if they sign a top quality striker then they could be in with a real shout, rumour is that they will sell Cisse and use whatever money they have plus that cash to buy Shaun Wright Phillips.

As for my own team, it was a shit season, hopefully O' Leary will go, he's been found out this season and lookis pretty clueless. Doug Ellis should finally step down too. The only positives this season were the derby wins against birmingham and seeing their subsequent relegation, which is quite sad really cos it doesn't really concern us :|

oh well, bring on the World Cup!

babyman said:
That's what they want to make you believe, that Real has no debts...................................

No, Real sold their training camp based in Madrid for a colossal sum, Real has no debt now. Barcelona has a very big debt but they have an extraordinary potential of players to sell if they're in too big troubles.

Have you ever received a phonecall from Moggi ? He seems to have a passion for calling people. :wink:

Diarra (Lyon) or Makoun (Lille), Real wants Diarra but there are elections so Manchester has the opportunity to buy him. Makoun is the favorite.

guill said:

Have you ever received a phonecall from Moggi ? He seems to have a passion for calling people. :wink:

Mate, mate, mate what a damn scandal! I knew that something like that should come out one day. Moggi bought referees, I knew it!! Now it's clear, hot summer for him but not only, many heads will fall in Italy..................finally

He already has stated a few things in fact. I don't know if you've heard some of Moggi's telephone phrases, but it's quiet incredible, he decided what referees Juve should have, he decided everything and he gave money and automobiles, plus tons of other things................................:huh:
If he won't finish in jail I really quit to be a football fan

Actually, it's an old affair, the league knew it in september.
Moggi's head will fall and......... that's all.
The doping trial was a joke, the moggi trial will be a joke too.
The only hope is that Uefa jump in it, Moggi and Pareito "organized" some Champions League matches :wink:
I'm still waiting for the Juve's brother's (aka Milano) reaction, i wonder if Galliani is shaking :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom