Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666 - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2006, 10:58 AM   #421
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:33 PM
I heard Milan was after Adriano as well , imagine , he stays in Milan , only changes the neighborhood.

Old 05-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #422
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

I didn't say it was slow. I said it was slower. The premiership is played at a very fast pace and i think that it suits Gerrards game more. Viera is similar. Perhaps that's why he hasn't been as effective for Juve as he was for Arsenal (although don't quote me on that because i haven't seen many Juve matches, just what i've heard )

Oh, I quote on Viera! Until at least February Viera was always one of the best in the field and he has also scored goals. He, like many others, probably payed the usual hard summer training of Capello. His teams gain always a lot of advantage in the first 4-5-6 month of the season and lose a lot, mostly in terms of physical condition, by the end of the season, that's why Juventus wasted 14 points advantage on Milan, winning the title (tricks apart ) with just 2 points advantage. Well, even slower doesn't find me so agree actually, I mean, Gerrard isn't much faster than Kaka or Rome's Mancini or Juve's Zambrotta and Nedved for instance. It depends mostly of the tacticts, of course the low, middle-low list teams are highly defense teams but they play on high pressing and this obliges you to have a fast rhythm to overcome their walls.......................don't know if there's so much difference between Seria A, Premiership and Liga

Old 05-30-2006, 11:41 AM   #423
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by J_NP
I heard Milan was after Adriano as well , imagine , he stays in Milan , only changes the neighborhood.

Ha! They can kiss my royal blackblue ass!!

No, I think Adriano won't move from Inter, he has too much affection with president Moratti. And it looks like Inter is finally discarding Juan Sebastian "biggest asshole in the world" Veron, who doesn't lose a moment to talk bad about Adriano. Veron is Adriano's problem, he can't hold his mouth shut, he doesn't want the good of Inter, and finally it seems Moratti got this. We can't lose Adriano, he's the best striker, the most loved by the fans, the one who takes everytime the biggest shouts and the loudest applauses. If he would go at Milan, we fans would do such a revolution, that even the school history books would talk about it!!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #424
New Yorker

Talkin bout more crazy possibles "business" , I had read yesterday that Real is after Messi This time they are really messing with fire , and they will try to do this behind Barca's back And today I read , real will go after Kaka ? Ok Sure , I think Zidane also said somethin bout playing only one more season and that's it , but still , These folks in real madrid are definitely crazy..... Do they think they will play with 15 or something like to put all these players ? Cant just they see that they arent lacking of great players , what they need is a TEAM . To get all the greatest national teams and put into a club wont solve the prob . These folks are really ........
Old 05-30-2006, 02:07 PM   #425
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

However if he should leave Chelsea then they would be in a lot of trouble...
Absolutely no doubt about that, but I did read somewhere a while ago, far from leaving, he's grooming his son to take over when he eventually steps down.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:03 AM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:33 PM
Quote:
I think Zidane also said somethin bout playing only one more season
Old 05-31-2006, 12:14 PM   #427
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Talkin bout more crazy possibles "business" , I had read yesterday that Real is after Messi This time they are really messing with fire , and they will try to do this behind Barca's back And today I read , real will go after Kaka ? Ok Sure , I think Zidane also said somethin bout playing only one more season and that's it , but still , These folks in real madrid are definitely crazy..... Do they think they will play with 15 or something like to put all these players ? Cant just they see that they arent lacking of great players , what they need is a TEAM . To get all the greatest national teams and put into a club wont solve the prob . These folks are really ........

Real Madrid has its president elections soon, so every candidate is trying to get more votes as possible by blabing each and every name.....................
It's like politics in times of election: "Give me your vote and I will do this, this, this and eeeeeeeeeeven that!"

Bah! Barn Owls
Old 05-31-2006, 12:18 PM   #428
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Zidane also said somethin bout playing only one more season

Zidane has well stated he will quit after the WC, and I don't believe he's a two words man. There were voices of a possible continuing of his career in China.....................yeah, China.............Zidane in China......................usual fake voices that some sponsor makes circulate
Old 06-02-2006, 12:12 PM   #429
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Zidane was the best player of his generation. i hope he retires gracefully at Real Madrid.
Old 06-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #430
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Real Madrid, at least THIS Real Madrid, was absolutely the worst team where Zidane could have ever go. In my opinion, he would have made a better choice by going at a team like Manchester Utd, which isn't a team made by clowns like Madrid, but by men like Alex Ferguson
Old 06-02-2006, 06:28 PM   #431
War Child

He won the Champions League, leagues and cups with this team made by clowns.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:37 AM   #432
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

What has he won? Only the first year, and then?
He hasn't won anything compared to what they could have won considering the players Real bought. How do you call a team that calls itself "galacticos" and loses like a 2nd league team? That's the result of pure exaltation
Old 06-07-2006, 08:41 PM   #433
War Child

Jealous Nerazzuro.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #434
Refugee

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Keane retires from football
LONDON (Reuters) - Celtic midfielder Roy Keane is retiring following medical advice, seven months after leaving Manchester United.

The Irishman, who will be 35 in August, has been suffering from a hip problem for some time and said last month he would consult doctors before deciding whether to play another season with Celtic.

"Having received medical advice from my surgeon and the Celtic FC doctor, I feel my only option is to retire," he said in a statement on Celtic's Web site.

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/060612/2/keej.html
Old 06-12-2006, 01:52 PM   #435
Acrobat

One of the best players ever.