Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666 - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #346
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:56 AM
I got to agree with you on hero man J_NP.

Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 PM   #347
War Child

Local Time: 01:56 AM
I'm very happy for Larsson, he is a fantastic player

Old 05-17-2006, 06:57 PM   #348
Acrobat

But if you look on the whole season the real hero is Ronaldigno
Old 05-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #349
War Child

They are all great but it was Larsson's last match for Barcelona, it's a beautiful ending.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:34 PM   #350
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Shame Larsson didn't play for a bigger team when he was younger. Very, very good striker.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #351
The Fly

Wow, I don't think I remember seeing Henry that angry . he's still unsure of his future at the club

I agree, if he leaves Arsenal will just go down
Old 05-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #352
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
I think overall barca deserved it although i really wanted arsenal to win. Barca should have been given a goal when lehman got sent off, can't believe the ref only gave a free kick

Henry missed 2 great chances. He complained loads about the ref in the interview afterwards, about how the ref should have been wearing a barca shirt but the fact is if he had scored his 2 great chances then he wouldn't have needed to moan about the ref.
Doesn't mean he's wrong though. He did point out he agreed with the sending-off, and he did pay tribute to Larsson.

And that bit with him and Ludovic Giuly was nice. True gentleman, Thierry Henry.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:50 PM   #353
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle

Doesn't mean he's wrong though. He did point out he agreed with the sending-off, and he did pay tribute to Larsson.

I didn't say he was wrong.

and i do think the ref had a bad game, especially when henry got that yellow card for a perfectly good tackle. Also maybe he should have given eboue a straight red after that horror tackle he did in the first half, think it was on van bronkhorst or van bommell. it was awful. thigh high and studs out.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #354
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:56 AM
Apparently this ref isn't going to the World Cup.

So wait, considering this is probably THE biggest club match in the European game, couldn't they pick the best available referee not from Spain or England?

Do take nothing away from Barca though. I still haven't seen the whole game but they utterly dominated that last half-hour, and, let's face it, they have been one of the best teams in Europe for the past two or three seasons and are worthy champions.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:10 AM   #355
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:56 AM
I got the new U2 album title:

"How to ruin and distort a champion's league final"

Produced and mixed by HAUGE....................................

Old 05-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

So wait, considering this is probably THE biggest club match in the European game, couldn't they pick the best available referee not from Spain or England?

Matter is, WHO? There are very few good refs out there lately. Remember what the so called "best world's referee 2005" Markus Merk did in the semifinal Barcelona-Milan, when he disallowed Sheva's goal without any human nor scientific reason.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #357
War Child

Don't be too rude with the referee, he had a lot of pressure. Remenber that he is the one who sent off Del Horno during Chelsea - Barcelona, Mourinho blamed him for no reasons because his decision was good.
Then, there is this story with one of the referees who wore a Barcelona shirt.
In my opinion Hauge started the game with this idea : "if i make a mistake i'm dead, i'm going to apply the rules, if there is a foul i stop the game. I don't want to be suspect".
He was not relax enough, that's all, he saw a foul on Etoo, he stopped the game.
Blame the uefa not Hauge.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:38 AM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, good point, blame UEFA not Hauge, it's pretty agreeable. But where are the responsabilities of a referee? Where are his attitudes? Pressure? I would have understood if he would have been against Barcelona looking at Del Horno's red card, but he once again favoured Barcelona. This means not Barcelona didn't deserve the cup, they won in 5 minutes and this can be done just by champions. But he ruined the game totally, he gave a lot of stupid yellow cards(the Henry one is simply amazing!) and whistled fouls that were neither in an imagination. But here is the point, just for Barcelona and against Arsenal. So where's the pressure if he goes for Barcelona again? And even by disallowing Giuly's goal, please, Hauge, use a bit of common sense! Give the goal and keep Lehmann on the field! Arsenal lost even Pires. Maybe the game could have ended 4-0 then if Giuly's goal would have been allowed, but Arsenal would have had 11 players on the field, and do a total different game. After Lehmann's red card and Pires sustitution they played ultra defensive, and this has surely distorted Arsenal approach. I mean, have you seen how Arsenal started the game? The first 10 minutes they were the only team on the field. The referee wasted everything, sure it's UEFA fault, but in my opinion Hauge lost a great opportunity to make things clear, to bury his scandalous Chelsea-Barcelona.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:36 PM   #359
War Child

I don't remenber which player exactly but an Arsenal defender deserved a red card during the 1st half. And the free kick given to Arsenal before their goal was pure crap.

Chelsea - Barcelona was not scandalous at all.

Anyway, Hauge made no mistake, Lehman could be sent off according to the rules, the referee had 2 possibilities red card or yellow card + goal), he chose the less good one according to you.

Arsenal played with 10 players because of Lehmann's mistake, he was good during the semis, he was bad tonight, that's life.
Oliver Kahn loved the final
Old 05-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 PM
Quote:
OK personally I only caught the last half-hour because it's 5 fuckin' am here but I have to say:

a) Barcelona deserve it, although perhaps it would have been different had it been eleven v. eleven
b) crap ref.

Et'oo's goal was offside, and dives by Deco and Marquez completely unpunished. The Marquez one was hilarious - decides to kick Reyes in the face and then goes down clutching his leg. In stoppage time there's a rare break on for Arsenal and what does he do? Blows the whistle for a foul on Almunia.
i agree with a & b.

yes those dives were shamefull, but so was the one by Eboue (i think) which arsenal scored from the free kick.

one of the commentators here was applauding Eboues dive, saying it was a great play. then when Deco dives later on he says it should he should get a yellow card!

and he's the lead guy for the world cup commentary here