Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1stepcloser said:
done as well.

American commentators are the worst. worse than john motson.

thanks guys

yeah, john motson is waaaay better :wink:

i think i'd rather listen to a game with spanish commentary than one with american commentary.

speaking of which i just watche the usa lose 4-1 to germany. 1st half was utter rubbish from both teams, 2nd half germany were ok and the usa went to bits. based on that showing neither team will do well this summer.

Party Boy said:
Its hard to believe the USA are ranked number 7 (or close to that) in the world. Dont think either team has a hope in hell.

I reckon its between 5 teams - Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Spain or England.

the USA are ranked number 5

:|

and i'm not kidding.

yeah, i'd say even take Spain out of that list.

So tomorrow is the big one - Arsenal - v - Juventus. Gutted I am not there to watch it - be interesting to see the reception Vieira gets, considering some of his recent comments.

I reckon we can beat them.. but its going to be a nervy 90 minutes!

the rockin edge said:

Utd 3-0 B'ham :rockon:

that result may make 1step as happy as me.:wink:

yep i started cheering after 2 minutes when giggs put that free kick in. and i started laughing too. Steve Bruce's face was a picture!

spurs 2 - 1 west brom

baggies keeper gave away a last minute penalty. felt quite sorry for him. plus i hate spurs :madspit:

1stepcloser said:
spurs 2 - 1 west brom

baggies keeper gave away a last minute penalty. felt quite sorry for him. plus i hate spurs :madspit:

well i don't really like spurs or anything but if they keep arsenal out of the champions league i'll be quite thrilled. :wink:

however from what i've seen of spurs they play some nice looking football now.

that Robbie Keane goal agaisnt rovers the other week was awesome :drool:

1stepcloser said:

yep i started cheering after 2 minutes when giggs put that free kick in. and i started laughing too. Steve Bruce's face was a picture!

:yes: giggsy :rockon:

i like Bruce, good Utd defender. but that didn't stop me celebrating the goals:wink:

i'd rather have arsenal as one of the english teams in europe than fucking spurs. the moment they face the likes of ac milan and barcelona they'll capitulate. mark my words :wink:

just to clarify:

1stepcloser's Top 5 Most Hated Teams:
5. Wolverhampton Wanderers - think they're a big team, banging on about how they should be in the prem cos of their history and they have a half decent stadium.
4. Tottenham - think they're a massive club. also i find them annoying too.
3. Chelsea - their financial situation gives them an unfair advantage against every other team. if they want to buy a player, they will. simple as that. and they player really boring football for a team that cost so much money to put together. and they dive and cheat as well.
2. West Ham - the press and media love them to bits. always have their matches shown 1st or 2nd on Match Of The Day even they're playing sunderland. watch the media have a great big wank-fest over them if they reach the FA Cup final, it'll just be "west ham this, west ham that..." :mad: :mad: :mad:..........................................and they copied our kit :wink:
1. Birmingham City - not much to say really. local rivals. most of their fans are baseball hat wearing scum. play rubbish football.

just needed to get that off my chest!

1stepcloser said:
i'd rather have arsenal as one of the english teams in europe than fucking spurs. the moment they face the likes of ac milan and barcelona they'll capitulate. mark my words :wink:

just to clarify:

1stepcloser's Top 5 Most Hated Teams:
5. Wolverhampton Wanderers - think they're a big team, banging on about how they should be in the prem cos of their history and they have a half decent stadium.
4. Tottenham - think they're a massive club. also i find them annoying too.
3. Chelsea - their financial situation gives them an unfair advantage against every other team. if they want to buy a player, they will. simple as that. and they player really boring football for a team that cost so much money to put together. and they dive and cheat as well.
2. West Ham - the press and media love them to bits. always have their matches shown 1st or 2nd on Match Of The Day even if they're playing sunderland. watch the media have a great big wank-fest over them if they reach the FA Cup final, it'll just be "west ham this, west ham that..." :mad: :mad: :mad:..........................................and they copied our kit :wink:
1. Birmingham City - not much to say really. local rivals. most of their fans are baseball hat wearing scum. play rubbish football.

just needed to get that off my chest!

Back
Top Bottom