Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666 - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #181
Refugee

Local Time: 08:43 PM
Notice the Bindippers have once again covered themselves in "glory" not content with crapping into cups and chucking it at Utd fans at anfield earlier this year, the dirty bastards have scribbled Munich grafitti on hundreds of seats at OT, they really are the lowest form of pond life in the universe, the biggest laugh has got to be Euro city of culture, those bunch of self pitying, granny stabbing, drug dealing, car thieving, compensation seeking cunts wouldn't know what culture was if it smacked them in the mouth, fucking wankers!!!

Old 04-25-2006, 10:07 AM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm
Notice the Bindippers have once again covered themselves in "glory" not content with crapping into cups and chucking it at Utd fans at anfield earlier this year, the dirty bastards have scribbled Munich grafitti on hundreds of seats at OT, they really are the lowest form of pond life in the universe, the biggest laugh has got to be Euro city of culture, those bunch of self pitying, granny stabbing, drug dealing, car thieving, compensation seeking cunts wouldn't know what culture was if it smacked them in the mouth, fucking wankers!!!
i supported them when thery played chelsea the other day. Although i had a very good reason to. And not just because i hate chelsea

Old 04-25-2006, 10:08 AM   #183
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Party Boy
Funniest own goal you will see - took place between Darlington and Bury.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:43 PM
chelsea out of the fa cup

now all we need is west ham to beat liverpool in the final...
Old 04-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #185
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Holy cow they did it.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:24 PM   #186
Refugee

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Quote:
Funniest own goal you will see - took place between Darlington and Bury.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:53 AM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

a lot of my friends think that Totti is really overrated but i think he's a great player. Everytime i see him play he lights up the pitch. He's quite arrogant and i didn't like it when he spat at Euro 2004 (i think it was that tournament)

He could be a big player for Italy at the world cup.

Totti's defect is that he's a too much Rome phenomenon, he actually has never done with the national team what he does with Rome. It's a high limit, this worldcup is his last last last chance to explode as a great player, otherwise he will remain what he is. A regional idle
Old 04-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Good to see Arsenal in the final, but yestarday they did a scandalous game, nearly offending football. It was a full defense game, they did neither a miserable shot! Very low level, if they play so against Barça or Milan they will have not a half chance to win............................very disappointing game
Old 04-26-2006, 02:51 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by babyman
Good to see Arsenal in the final, but yestarday they did a scandalous game, nearly offending football. It was a full defense game, they did neither a miserable shot! Very low level, if they play so against Barça or Milan they will have not a half chance to win............................very disappointing game
yeah, shamefull stuff from arsenal. bad penalty by riquelme (sp?) right at the end.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:59 AM   #190
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Barcelona also bad

Very very disappointing game.....................I'm not so excited about the final anymore......................it's more than obvious that it's gonna be a 1-0 game.............................Couldn't awate something worst, Barça and Arsenal were ridiculous......................
Old 04-27-2006, 02:22 PM   #191
Refugee

As an Arsenal fan am completely delighted we got to CL final. Sure we played crap but you know what, we played the way Italian teams have played for years. We defended what we had ( a 1-0 lead). I think the players were so aware of what was at stake, that they were afraid to take chances.

The final will be a different game altogether. As both teams start out level, its there to be won, not lost - as both teams normally play offensive football.

Semi-finals are always notoriously tense. Teams who are winning are not going to take un necessary chances which might lead them to scoring a goal. The onus to attack is on the team who is losing.

And it was so not a penalty.

Paris here we come!
Old 04-27-2006, 07:11 PM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Barcelona also bad

Very very disappointing game.....................I'm not so excited about the final anymore......................it's more than obvious that it's gonna be a 1-0 game.............................Couldn't awate something worst, Barça and Arsenal were ridiculous......................

shouldn't you be happy that ac milan are out?

barca were much better than arsenal, i mean they actually attacked somewhat. not one of their best performances though.

i think the final should be good, and i'd be suprised if it's 1-0 really.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:51 AM   #193
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
As an Arsenal fan am completely delighted we got to CL final. Sure we played crap but you know what, we played the way Italian teams have played for years.

This is nothing than a general prejudice with italian teams, matured in the times when frustrated teams could never beat italian teams who won and won in the past years. Go and look at Sacchi's Milan in the 80's and say to me if it was a defense team, go and look at Lippi's Juventus in 90's, at Lippi's Inter (even though he failed with us), at Fabio Capello's Rome and Juventus, at Ancelotti's Milan since 5 years until today, at Mancini's Inter who plays regularly with Adriano, Martins or Recoba, Stankovic, Veron and Figo! Wow, 5 forward players!......................At our national team, (except the Trapattoni era, who was more than defensive) who is a full attack team who plays with Del Piero, Totti, Gilardino and Toni............4 forward players.................................In the 70's we played with players such Mazzola, Boninsegna, Bettega, Riva, Rivera who were scoring goals after goals, in 1982 we've won the Worlchampionship beating in order Argentina, Brasil, Poland (wo was a great team at that time, Gomulka and Boniek, just 2 names) and Germany. And we had players such Paolo Rossi, Conti, Tardelli who run like formula1 cars. Not talking about the generation of Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Vialli, Giannini, Signori................
Isn't it a bit strange that Sacchi, Lippi, Capello, Ancelotti have so many incredible requests from the half world? Everyone want them because they're masters in offensive football. That Italy's football was or is defensive is nothing else than a false legend, invented by all the ones who could never beat italian teams. Many foreigners have learned in Italy football. History speaks alone, when Germany won the Worldchampionship in 1990 players like Matthaeus, Brehme, Klinsmann, Voeller, Kohler, Haessler and many other were playing in Italy, when France won in 1998 Zidane, Deschamps, Desailly, Dugarry and many others were playing in Italy since years. Still today we got the greatest foreign champions that other countries can only dream, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Adriano, Kakà, Shevchenko etc etc
And more, Italy had PLATINI, MARADONA, VAN BASTEN, GULLIT, the same Rijkaard plus an infinite list of players who weren't just offensive players, but more...............................the fake theory that italian football was or is defensive is weak, sorry, too weak, ungenerous, groundless at least.........................................
Old 04-28-2006, 04:56 AM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge

shouldn't you be happy that ac milan are out?

No doubt at all.......................................
Old 04-28-2006, 09:57 AM   #195
Refugee

Quote:

This is nothing than a general prejudice with italian teams, matured in the times when frustrated teams could never beat italian teams who won and won in the past years. Go and look at Sacchi's Milan in the 80's and say to me if it was a defense team, go and look at Lippi's Juventus in 90's, at Lippi's Inter (even though he failed with us), at Fabio Capello's Rome and Juventus, at Ancelotti's Milan since 5 years until today, at Mancini's Inter who plays regularly with Adriano, Martins or Recoba, Stankovic, Veron and Figo! Wow, 5 forward players!......................At our national team, (except the Trapattoni era, who was more than defensive) who is a full attack team who plays with Del Piero, Totti, Gilardino and Toni............4 forward players.................................In the 70's we played with players such Mazzola, Boninsegna, Bettega, Riva, Rivera who were scoring goals after goals, in 1982 we've won the Worlchampionship beating in order Argentina, Brasil, Poland (wo was a great team at that time, Gomulka and Boniek, just 2 names) and Germany. And we had players such Paolo Rossi, Conti, Tardelli who run like formula1 cars. Not talking about the generation of Roberto Baggio, Gianluca Vialli, Giannini, Signori................
Isn't it a bit strange that Sacchi, Lippi, Capello, Ancelotti have so many incredible requests from the half world? Everyone want them because they're masters in offensive football. That Italy's football was or is defensive is nothing else than a false legend, invented by all the ones who could never beat italian teams. Many foreigners have learned in Italy football. History speaks alone, when Germany won the Worldchampionship in 1990 players like Matthaeus, Brehme, Klinsmann, Voeller, Kohler, Haessler and many other were playing in Italy, when France won in 1998 Zidane, Deschamps, Desailly, Dugarry and many others were playing in Italy since years. Still today we got the greatest foreign champions that other countries can only dream, Trezeguet, Ibrahimovic, Adriano, Kakà, Shevchenko etc etc
And more, Italy had PLATINI, MARADONA, VAN BASTEN, GULLIT, the same Rijkaard plus an infinite list of players who weren't just offensive players, but more...............................the fake theory that italian football was or is defensive is weak, sorry, too weak, ungenerous, groundless at least.........................................

Mate, I think you have gone a little overboard. I can go back to years past to discuss the merits of the top european soccer leagues.
You have the greatest foreign champions that other countries can only dream of? Says who? How many Italian based players were in the top 5 in the list of the worlds top players?
Ibrahimovic? Adriano? your kidding me right? If you call them top players - based on waht I have seen of them, then you are in trouble.
Italy had Platini, Maradona, Van Basbten, Gullit. So what? Where did they come from? They werent in Itally all their career.

Am sorry if you disagree but watching Italian soccer is like watching chess. Teams don't attack - its boring to watch. Spanish, French, German, Frence, even dutch, is much more exciting as teams try to win games by playing exciting football. Italian football is based on defence first. I am talking about football today, not football 10,15, 20 years ago.