Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2006, 08:29 AM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

yeh although Kaka and Shev do make them look a bit more exciting it must be said.

This is the hardest thing for me to say, and I would rather eat my tongue, but (unfortunately) Ac Milan plays one of the most beautiful football in the world, a bit more exciting is a bit ungenerous from you
They're a full attack team, beside Kaka and Sheva, you can't forget that they play with Serginho and Cafu on the sides, Seedorf, who is one of the most talented in his place, as much as Gattuso, the soul of the midfield, and Pirlo, who is very offensive and kicks grandious free kicks, plus, Gilardino and Inzaghi who have scored 40 goals together this year....................not to forget Maldini and Nesta in the defense and Brazil's keeper Dida........................
By now, Milan has scored 103 goals through the season, only Barcelona has done more with 111 goals. Just look at what they've done in the Champions League this year, they've kicked ass of Bayern Munich and Olympique Lyonnais, and against Barça everything is still open...........................
Step, they're a pretty spectacular team, you should watch more games from them

I would have never believed to talk good about Ac Milan one day
But it's undenieble, it's a question of being fair sometimes...................

Old 04-21-2006, 10:46 AM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:50 PM
They're a good team no doubt about it. probably the most complete team in the world. Although Stam is leaving in the summer and maldini, Cafu and costacourta are at the end of their careers so they could do with a new defence soon.

i've always preferred Inter though. i don't know why, i just do lol. Which i'm sure you won't complain about!

As for Man United, they really need to sort out their midfield. Ronaldo and Giggs are worthy of any team in my opinion but for the standard of football they need to be playing at to compete against the big boys like chelsea and barcelona they really need another top quality defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder. Gattuso would be perfect for them and riquelme would be very good if the rumours are true. But we'll have to wait and see. Lots of pressure on Fergie this summer to deliver!

P.S. David O'Leary better deliver this summer too

Old 04-21-2006, 12:20 PM   #168
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

i've always preferred Inter though. i don't know why, i just do lol. Which i'm sure you won't complain about!

We're the poor side of Milan city
Die hard fans, but we've totally drowned in the shit this year, everything vanished, once again..........................17 years with no italian title I don't know what I would do if we would win one day........................Run naked around the city at least!
Old 04-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

As for Man United, they really need to sort out their midfield. Ronaldo and Giggs are worthy of any team in my opinion but for the standard of football they need to be playing at to compete against the big boys like chelsea and barcelona they really need another top quality defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder. Gattuso would be perfect for them and riquelme would be very good if the rumours are true. But we'll have to wait and see. Lots of pressure on Fergie this summer to deliver!

I agree, they need right in that zone some reinforcement, but they're still a competitive team in my opinion, before the 0-0 against Sunderland they were kinda bulldozer. The matter of UTD was the first part of the season actually, and the very precocious elimination in the Champions League was the top of their failure. But the team kinda came back, I was actually thinking that they wouldn't be able to take neither the 4th place in the Premiership, but it looks like Sir Alex has reassembled the team right in time, the players believed more in themselves even when the title was already gone at Chelsea. This can be a great advantage for next season, plus, they will have fresh cash to take the players they need. I see a very exciting Premiership next year, I believe Chelsea, Man UTD and Arsenal will be on the same level
Old 04-21-2006, 12:45 PM   #170
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

1982-1986's Brasil manager Telè Santana died at 74.
He won the SouthAmerican Champion's League (Copa Libertadores) for 2 times in 1992 and 1993 with Sao Paulo.

Goodbye, Telè
Old 04-22-2006, 10:27 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

A spanish radio, Cadena Ser, stated that ZINEDINE ZIDANE will retire after the Worldchampionship!!

Announcement awated
Old 04-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #172
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by babyman
A spanish radio, Cadena Ser, stated that ZINEDINE ZIDANE will retire after the Worldchampionship!!

Announcement awated
from club play as well?

not really much of a surprise. he's been threatening to retire since at least euro 04, and i guess at 33 he feels old?

i think it's bullshit though. you've got a talent like that, you play till your legs fall off... like baggio.

nevertheless, the rumours about gerrard coming over to real are going to fire up again.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:41 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Yeah, from the entire activity. He actually has another year contract at Real, but perhaps he's sick of all the failures. He's 34 I think, but this counts really nothing. He's got so much that could play well for other 3-4 seasons. Gerrard stated that he will stay at Anfield, but if Zidane quits and Madrid calls him, I think it could be hard not to go there. But I tell you this, if I would be Gerrard I would never go at Real, this team has just the name, nothing else. They're just a bunch of arrogant fanatics.

Baggio

Italy won't see a player like him for the next 50 years maybe....................such players come out 2 times in a century
Old 04-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Italy won't see a player like him for the next 50 years maybe....................such players come out 2 times in a century
Who was your other one then?

Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #175
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:50 AM
Quote:

i agree, the defense and attack are very good. the center of midfield isn't as great, Gattuso

i reckon we'll fix the midfield problem in the summer, and then should challenge for the title next season.

and get past the group stage of the champions league

i also cannot wait for the world cup
Old 04-23-2006, 02:52 AM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:

Who was your other one then?

Actually we had quite a few, but the Baggio "race" is something very rare, I would say that the only player who resembles Roby is only Alex Del Piero..............., even when Francesco Totti is another planet for himself, too.

Boy, Baggio made us dream!
He has done such goals that I wouldn't be able to reply neither with the playstation! Players like him make you love football!

ROBY BAGGIO ALWAYS
Old 04-23-2006, 06:11 AM   #177
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

WorldCup in danger for Jenas
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 AM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
WorldCup in danger for Jenas
i don't like him much anyway.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:51 AM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Actually we had quite a few, but the Baggio "race" is something very rare, I would say that the only player who resembles Roby is only Alex Del Piero..............., even when Francesco Totti is another planet for himself, too.

a lot of my friends think that Totti is really overrated but i think he's a great player. Everytime i see him play he lights up the pitch. He's quite arrogant and i didn't like it when he spat at Euro 2004 (i think it was that tournament)

He could be a big player for Italy at the world cup.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:35 AM   #180
Refugee

Funniest own goal you will see - took place between Darlington and Bury.