Stones Stage???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Have the Stones played outside yet? So Willie Williams, and Mark Fisher did do the design along with Patrick Woodroffe:

Heard From Toronto: Mark Fisher, Willie Williams and Patrick Woodroffe are all in Toronto putting the finishing touches on the designs for "Licks," the Rolling Stones' world tour that kicks off on September 3 in Boston, MA (a full list of tour dates can be found at www.rollingstones.com). So we know Mark Fisher is the architect for the Stones' set designs, but what are two great rock and roll lighting designers doing side by side? In fact, Patrick Woodroffe, as usual, is lighting the Stones, with Willie Williams taking care of the video side of things. "I've known Patrick for 20 years but never get to work with him directly," says Williams, on a break from rehearsals. "And the whole Rolling Stones experience is worth the price of admission."--

Anyone have any pics yet????

they played comiskey this weekend. i think the stage was set up the same way the arena stage was. i could tell you about the united center one but i don't have any pics.

i thought it was cool. they had a catwalk coming out from the stage down the center of the floor seats. it ended at a small stage towards the back. at the end of the show, they played three or so songs on the little stage. it was pretty amazing. the screen behind them rocked. they had all sorts of cool stuff going on. during one song they had what looked like old footage from the 70s playing. there were lots of the lips, and random licking of the screen. it was cool.

Screaming Flower said:
i thought it was cool. they had a catwalk coming out from the stage down the center of the floor seats. it ended at a small stage towards the back. at the end of the show, they played three or so songs on the little stage. it was pretty amazing. the screen behind them rocked. they had all sorts of cool stuff going on. during one song they had what looked like old footage from the 70s playing. there were lots of the lips, and random licking of the screen. it was cool.

It was pretty much the same at Comskey except on a bigger scale. The screen would sometimes split into seperate, smaller screens to show the different band members, and then merge back together to show some animation. Also, they shot off quite an impressive display of fireworks at the end of the show, which was really cool. :)

hey gina did you see that the stones added a january show at the united center? tix go on sale saturday.

Screaming Flower said:
hey gina did you see that the stones added a january show at the united center? tix go on sale saturday.

Yeah...I saw that. I thought about buying tickets, but I decided not to. Maybe it's cause I just saw them, but I don't feel like I need to see them again just yet, as awesome as the show was. Are you getting tix?

Back
Top Bottom