stone temple pilots appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
cujo thought of this idea a week or two ago

so.............comments?

can't go wrong with "core"...i just try to forget that they released shangri-la-de-da and i try to forget that no. 4 includes "sour girl"

opinions? things that you take to be as fact? rotton fruit and hate messages telling me to shut up?

post them here :wink:

I am smelling like a rose
that your mother gave me
on my birthday deathbed...

nuff said... Dead and Bloated.

I didn't much like their newer stuff, and am very picky about which tracks I like from their first three outings.

PS- STP did a great rendition of Revolution (The Beatles) as a single to profit the families of the victims of 9-11. Good tune, good cause.

I enjoy the "song" "Wet My Bed". I find it funny.

I liked pretty much everything off of their "first" popular album "Core".

Cujo, didnt you dedicate "I want to run through your wicked garden" to P McG's chest?

cujo said:

PS- STP did a great rendition of Revolution (The Beatles) as a single to profit the families of the victims of 9-11. Good tune, good cause.

that's true. i forgot about that. i remember now, i had to revise my theory about how NO ONE should do beatles covers...they did a good job.

u2popmofo said:
Cujo, didnt youd dedicate "I want to run through your wicked garden" to P McG's chest?

:yes:

I wasn't a big fan of Interstate Love Song or Lady Picture Show... or Tiny Music: Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop for that matter. But, I thought that 4 wasn't as bad as some made it out to be. I think that it flopped because it didn't get a big push for singles (other than Sour Girl)... maybe because Scott was drying out in prison at the time.

PS- Does anyone know about their plans to make a musical documentary?... They said it would be a cross between Hard Day's Night and Rattle and Hum, but I haven't heard talk of it for quite sometime.

First 3 STP albums kick such ass!

Vasoline, Sex Type Thing, Plush, Crackerman, Big Bang Baby, Adhesive, Seven Caged Tigers....what awesome fricken songs!

Now, the 4th album...eh...I couldn't get into it. I had it but I never gave it a chance. I'm sure it's good, I do like that Sour Girl song, even though it makes me think of Buffy.

u2loopy said:
Now, the 4th album...eh...I couldn't get into it. I had it but I never gave it a chance. I'm sure it's good, I do like that Sour Girl song, even though it makes me think of Buffy.
"I Got You" and "Atlanta" are two of my favorite Stone Temple Pilots songs.

I never liked their 90's stuff but love the new stuff! The older stuff was too rough edged for me, though I did like Vaseline and Interstate Love Song. But it was Number 4 that won me over. I was driving one day in 2000 and I heard Sour Girl on the radio and thought, who is that excellent band? I was surprised to hear it was STP since I had never been a fan! I bought Number 4 just for that one song and fell madly in love with Atlanta, Glide, and I Got You. Those songs are IMO their greatest artistic work. Church on Tuesday is a good song too. Not only is this my favorite STP CD, it's one of my overall favorite CD's that I own! I liked ShangriLaDeDa too, not as much as 4, but more than any of the older stuff.

Last edited:
I just listened to Core a little while ago, and was amazed at how influential an album it was... you can hear those riffs in just about any current rock/metal band out there. Plus, it was a very distinct sounding record when you compare it to the grunge of the day. There's not a lot of filler on the record, and it's very in your face. Hard, but not too hard... just rock.

:up: STP... where have you guys ventured off to?

They really got me with their first couple albums and what I loved about their sound is it was Rock and Roll NOT grunge and they didn't fall into that category that all the Seattle bands fell into which was one of the things that brought the demise of those bands. That's one thing I never liked about Pearl Jam, they bought into the whole grunge thing and rode that wave and imo if they had instead written their music in a more rock & roll vibe then they might have came through the grunge days as a big a band as they were in 1992.

Doors cover :up:

They should have got Weiland instead of Astbury to front... Scott is more Morrison.

Sorry for the Doors reference IWB :wink:

Back
Top Bottom