Stone Temple Pilots announce tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
This should be interesting let's see if he can make it!

LOS ANGELES - After a five-year breakup and nearly eight-year absence from the concert scene, Stone Temple Pilots will reunite for a North American tour.

On Monday, Singer Scott Weiland, guitarist Dean DeLeo, bassist Robert DeLeo and drummer Eric Kretz revealed the details of their 65-city tour, set to begin May 17 in Columbus, Ohio.

"The story's not finished," Weiland told The Associated Press. "There's more to be revealed and more to be told."

DeLeo said the band plans to record a new album after the tour, which is set to wrap in November.

Formed in 1992, the band has sold more than 35 million albums worldwide.

The Grammy-winning rockers celebrated their announcement with a private show in the Hollywood Hills.

They're scheduled to make their first national television appearance May 1 on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"

Weiland, 40, has been dogged by drug problems since the band's early days. His arrests for drug possession and stints in rehab led the group to cancel tour dates and contributed to their breakup. Weiland pleaded not guilty last month to charges of driving under the influence of drugs stemming from a November car crash.

After Stone Temple Pilots' split, Weiland formed the rock group Velvet Revolver. On April 1, his bandmates — Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner — announced that Weiland was no longer part of the group.

"Among other things, his increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on," Slash said in a statement.

Two days later, Stone Temple Pilots announced their reunion.

I went to the Jimmy Kimmel show tonight to see STP. It was really fun and they were really good! :wink:

I've only ever seen bands on the Tonight Show before, and the Jimmy Kimmel experience is waaaaaay BETTER! On the tonight show, the band/artist comes out and does just one song.

At Jimmy Kimmel, they have a separate stage right behind the bulding where the show is filmed. So the band play on a real stage, and after the obligatory song for the show is played, the band stay on to play more songs. (Another friend went another time to see Panic At The Disco!, and she said they stayed and played more songs as well.) Stone Temple Pilots played SIX songs!!!

Vaseline
Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
Interstate Love Song
Superman & Silvergun
Sin
Big Empty

It was billed as their first time playing since reuniting. I thought they did an excellent job.

Weiland is still damn sexxy! :drool: :combust: And though his long history of substance abuse has taken its toll a bit (he moved kind of slow and sluggish between songs), he still has enough energy to swing, dance and gyrate around stage like the Weiland of yore.

The fans were completely into it, singing every line to every song, and the band just looked happy to be back and still appreciated.

All-in-all it was a great, fun night and now I wish I was going to one of their reunion shows! :(

I'm probably going to the Camden show, especially since it looks like rutgers is getting in some discounted tickets. Scott didn't sound great, but the rest of the band was awesome. On Kimmel, that is.

What I think is fan-freakin'-tastic of them is the setlist builder. Their website has an option for members (free) to vote for the songs they want to hear, and they're basing the setlists on what the local popular demand is. Pretty swell.

Of course, since they were such a singles band, I don't anticipate it to deviate from that too much, except maybe the occasional Superman and Silvergun or Crackerman. Sucks for me, though, because my favorite album (No. 4) didn't produce too many huge singles, though of course Sour Girl and Down will probably be played. I'd much rather hear Heaven and Hotrods or No Way Out than Down, though.

And also, I except nothing from Shangri-La Dee Da other than "Days of the Week," which is a shame since "Too Cool Queenie" and "Wonderful" are both great songs, as are "Coma" and "Hollywood Bitch"

Back
Top Bottom