Sting "Sacred Love" documentary on A&E

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keocmb

Refugee
Was wondering if anyone caught the show. And if anyone could tell me who the woman was that he sang with, particulary on "Inside."

I am going nuts trying to find the mp3 of that version. :grumpy:

I saw it on Tv here in Oz a couple of weeks ago. I have it on tape. I'll check it out later if you like. I wonder if you mean Joy...Rose? ( I can't quire recall her exact name right now) I know they did one vocal jam that blew me away. I hadn't heard the album , so that is how I first heard the songs. I found myself singing..."high heel shoes, black dress....leave your hair in a mess" for the next couple of days.

:):up: Sting

cass said:
I saw it on Tv here in Oz a couple of weeks ago. I have it on tape. I'll check it out later if you like. I wonder if you mean Joy...Rose? ( I can't quire recall her exact name right now) I know they did one vocal jam that blew me away. I hadn't heard the album , so that is how I first heard the songs. I found myself singing..."high heel shoes, black dress....leave your hair in a mess" for the next couple of days.

:):up: Sting

That's how I was, too! I went out and bought the album the next day.

The song I'm talking about is called "Inside" and on the album it's just Sting singing, but in the documentary, it's a duet between this woman and him. The song winds up like a conversation between two lovers. I like it better as a duet. :yes:

I've been busy all day but

I'm really looking forward to watching/hearing this again...he's a cool dude eh? still going strong.
I'm doing a search at the moment to find out more about Eva Cassidy. I think she recorded "Fields of Gold" :heart:
I have fond memories of watching sting being interviewed by Michael Parkinson and was moved by what he said about his father. And then Billy Connolly came out and shared the stage with him....I will never forget that.Hyperactive Billy could not be still...or quiet.:lmao:
They played guitar and banjo together at the end and sang "I'll Have a Blue Christmas Without You"..unforgettable, a Tv classic:applaud:

k.........
I watched the doco again this morning...gosh it is good.

The woman's name is Joy Rose.Sting describes the duet on "Inside" as a "theatrical struggle". He says of Joy afterwards, "she can definitely dish"
He has such great musicians around him, very tasty guitarist and smooth percussionist :applaud:
Sting describes his songs as being like his children, if they are good songs they can transmute into different situations.
He really captures it in a few words
"open the box of stars inside my head
the spiral stair above my bed.."
"like a river in flood..."
:)

Back
Top Bottom