Sting new cd send your love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tony

The Fly
Anybody heard it? Great stuff. I think this man is a genius. I already listened to this album a zillion times! I like him as much as U2...Makes me think that it's about freakin time we can hear some new U2 stuff.

Tony

Yeah Sting is one of my favourite artists, I wasn't sure about his new song - send your love at first but then I saw him perform it on TV and I love it now. I'll be getting his album for my birthday next month! :up:

I agree, it's awesome! "This War," simply put, ROCKS! I also am really fond of the funky dance tune, "Never Coming Home." "Whenever I Say Your Name" is a crazy-style soul tune and I'm POSITIVE that it'll be his next single! The lyrics are really good, too. This'll be my first solo-Sting CD to buy (only listened to it through VH1. gonna guy it Tuesday). What are some other good albums of his? How's "Brand New Day?" I REALLY like "Desert Rose," but am not really sure how the rest of the CD holds up. Any feedback?

I'm a big fan of The Police, but Sting's solo stuff is usually hit or miss with me (probably with more misses than hits)

u2popmofo said:
I'm a big fan of The Police, but Sting's solo stuff is usually hit or miss with me (probably with more misses than hits)

Same here.

Sting solo: :barf:

how eloquent

great artist :up:
my bro is a big fan so I'll probably swing by his place one of these days to give it a listen

I agree with Mofo and senrab. There are a few Sting songs that I really love (fortress around your heart, fields of gold), but a lot of his stuff bores me. I absolutely LOVE The Police though, but you could probably guess that from my sig :wink:

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I agree with Mofo and senrab. There are a few Sting songs that I really love (fortress around your heart, fields of gold), but a lot of his stuff bores me. I absolutely LOVE The Police though, but you could probably guess that from my sig :wink:

Yeah, nice sig :up:

I think the only song of Sting's that I like (solo Sting, not Police) is Fields of Gold.

I love solo Sting. I think some of it is just funny (like some songs off of 10 Sumner's Tales) and some of his stuff is just plain good- i can't really explain it. All I have to say is that I am SOOOOO excited for tomorrow when I can go and buy it and listen away. I wonder if the album will begin and end in the same way like is becoming the recent sting trend as shown in Mercury Falling and Brand New Day. We shall see.

Still in the process of listening to Sacred Love. Sounds very interesting. There is something about it that is very different from any other Sting release but I can't exactly put my finger on it. Perhaps thats just because its brand new.

Brand New Day is a good record, but it took a while to get use to. Here is how I would rank Sting's solo studio albums.

1. Soul Cages
2. Ten Summoner's Tales
3. The Dream Of The Blue Turtles
4. Nothing Like The Sun
5. Brand New Day
6. Mercury Falling

Way to early to put Sacred Love in the ranking.

This is how I would rank the Police Studio Albums

1. Synchronicity
2. Outlandos D'Amour
3. Ghost in the Machine
4. Reggatta De Blanc
5. Zenyatta Mondatta

I love the Police, and I've always considered myself a Sting Solo fan, but I was really disappointed with Brand New Day. Some of it was way too adult contemporary for my taste. For those who have heard both, how would you compare Brand New Day with the new album? I'm a little wary of forking over cash for the new one right now, even though for the most part, I have enjoyed Sting's solo efforts.

Heartland Girl,

"For those who have heard both, how would you compare Brand New Day with the new album?"

I think its too early to say at this point. I need to listen to the Sacred Love more before I decide.

Remember though, Sting is on Universal and his album is sold at the new reduced price of $12.99 or less.

I always liked Ten Summoners Tales, i will give this a listen when I get through all my other new music.....

there just isnt enough time

btw... saw it a Target for 9.99

Rolling Stone gives Sacred Love 3 1/2 stars out of 5. Thats a half a star more than Brand New Day which recieved 3 stars exactly from Rolling Stone.

Its better than "Spin" Magazine. What Music Magazine would do you usually look at? Not really trying to defend Rolling Stone here since I disagree with about 75% of what is printed in it usually.

sting is either my second or third favorite artist, u2 #1, and in there also is jimmy buffett because i love the ocean, sailing.

i like stings solo efforts a lot more than i do with the police. i like his stuff with the police but not as much.

STING2 said:
Its better than "Spin" Magazine. What Music Magazine would do you usually look at? Not really trying to defend Rolling Stone here since I disagree with about 75% of what is printed in it usually.

I think UnCut is a quality publication, you can get all the music info you need, plus good stuff on movies and books. Its out of the UK so its a little harder to find, but it beats the pants off RS imo.....

I really like "Inside," but I was disappointed that it didn't feature that amazing singer that sung a version of the song on the A&E special. I wonder if I could find an mp3 of that version... :hmm:

HeartlandGirl said:
I love the Police, and I've always considered myself a Sting Solo fan, but I was really disappointed with Brand New Day. Some of it was way too adult contemporary for my taste.

In general, Sting's music has long been too adult contemporary for my tastes as well. I haven't really liked anything since Nothing Like the Sun, which I loved. But he does it well and I've just accepted that that's what he does now. I like him as a person, though, and am always riveted to his specials. He seems to live some kind of ideal fantasy life (of course that's never really true, but you know what I mean) and he's still beautiful to look at. :drool:

I actually think Nothing Like The Sun might be his most Adult Contemporary Album. I like all the studio albums though and Sacred Love definitely has some great tracks although I'm not ready to rate the entire album yet.

Sting's new album "Sacred Love" sold a whopping 194,680 copies its first week of release in the USA landing on the Billboard Charts at #3! This is Sting's highest sales debut level in the USA since Soundscan began tracking sales in June 1991. Only Dream of the Blue Turtles, Soul Cages and Ten Sumners Tales have achieved at higher chart position. They all reached the #2 position. The current debut is much better than "Brand New Day" which only debuted at #15.

I've not looked at Europe sales yet, but I'm sure they are very strong as well. Apparently, the new SACD format for "Sacred Love" has already sold 600,000 copies in Europe out selling "Dark Side Of The Moon" in the SACD format.

Despite a 51% drop in sales in the second week on chart for Stings "Sacred Love" album in the USA, the album comes in at #6 on the album chart. Last week it debuted at #3 on the USA album chart. This weeks sales are 94,000 copies in the USA. This puts "Sacred Love" two week USA total at 289,000 copies.

Back
Top Bottom