Sticking my neck out on this one. Creed fans(all 2 of you besides me), read.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I know 98.2412% of you all hate Creed. But I've liked them before MOP even got huge, and I still do. Yes, they come across as corny in sentiment at times, and yes, Scott's voice is overdramatic. But if any of you enjoy their music as I do, I'd like to have a little Creed discussion?

First off, what do you think of the new album? Besides the horrid cover, I think the artwork is great, esp. the water and fire section. The music itself is drastically different than the last album, but of course they still have the sure-fire hits. "Bullets", the opener, is great.(Please, no one heckle me about associating BTBS JT etc.) It's much heavier than anything they've done, but it doesn't quite come off as overdone. I think my favorite songs so far have to be Bullets, One Last Breath, and Who's Got My Back?. The album is strong, but I think it's gonna have to grow on me before I can enjoy it as much as Human Clay.

Anyone ever seen them live? I know they're going on tour in January, but I don't know how much tix are gonna cost, and I don't know how their live shows are? Despite Stapp's melodramatic motions and all, I think they've kicked some butt on all the TV appearences I've seen, and Stapp's said there are gonna be some cover songs this time around they haven't played before.(Perhaps U2?)

Again, please don't heckle me if you don't like Creed, just ignore the post. If you do want to discuss, discuss. Thanks.

My fiance (drgnwolf1969) loves Creed. He hasn't been able to spend much time here lately, but I will try to remember to tell him to check out this post.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Personally, I am a huge fan of both U2 and Creed. I think that the new album is great, it is alot different from what they have done before, but different in a good way. I dont know if any of you have heard it, but I think that the new Garbage album is quite disappointing and I dont like it very much at all. But the new Creed album is great, the lyrics, to me at least, are very meaningful and deep, especially at this time in my life. It would of been a bit better if there were more hard rocking songs, but songs like One Last Breath are just amazing. As for Creed live... Ive seen them play once, on the Human Clay tour a while back. I was lucky, I got into Ticketmaster on my first try, and secured floor tickets. It was a great show, the music live sounds just as good on the album, and Scott really gets the fans into the show throughout. I would highly recommend seeing them live if you get the chance. The tickets werent too expensive, I think they were $40 Canadian, with all of the "service charges" that TM tacks onto them. Sevendust and Nickelback opened for them as well which was a nice treat. That was back when no one had a clue as to who Nickelback were; now they have just sold out Skyreach Centre, with some 16,000 tickets! Weird. And another thing: on the picture with the snow and pyramids inside the album, I have a feeling that they are the Muttart Conservatory, here in Edmonton, Alberta. Im not sure if they are but we have a series of glass pyramids in the city, and I think that would be cool if we had something from Edmonton immortalized on the album
smile.gif

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I know 98.2412% of you all hate Creed. But I've liked them before MOP even got huge, and I still do. Yes, they come across as corny in sentiment at times, and yes, Scott's voice is overdramatic. But if any of you enjoy their music as I do, I'd like to have a little Creed discussion?

First off, what do you think of the new album? Besides the horrid cover, I think the artwork is great, esp. the water and fire section. The music itself is drastically different than the last album, but of course they still have the sure-fire hits. "Bullets", the opener, is great.(Please, no one heckle me about associating BTBS JT etc.) It's much heavier than anything they've done, but it doesn't quite come off as overdone. I think my favorite songs so far have to be Bullets, One Last Breath, and Who's Got My Back?. The album is strong, but I think it's gonna have to grow on me before I can enjoy it as much as Human Clay.

Anyone ever seen them live? I know they're going on tour in January, but I don't know how much tix are gonna cost, and I don't know how their live shows are? Despite Stapp's melodramatic motions and all, I think they've kicked some butt on all the TV appearences I've seen, and Stapp's said there are gonna be some cover songs this time around they haven't played before.(Perhaps U2?)

Again, please don't heckle me if you don't like Creed, just ignore the post. If you do want to discuss, discuss. Thanks.

How many songs did they play? Scott said they'd be playing all the singles, and 3 more songs from the first two albums, along with some new covers. And I figure they'll play 7 or so new songs, so that's 21 Creed songs, 7 from each album, plus covers. Does that seem like a lot compared to the show you went to?

Must admit that I like the new album. It has 3 or 4 great tunes, but I don't think they should've called it their "Joshua Tree".....very bad comparison. It does rock, is very weird in places, & has "anthemic" moments: my favorite things on a cd. I really, really wish that I could play guitar like that guy!

I am not a big fan of Creed, but I will say that they do put on a great live show, and I would highly recommend going. I will try and catch them on tour for sure.

------------------
Looking for U2 bootlegs?
www.geocities.com/u2trades

I am also a huge Creed fan as well as a U2 fan.In fact, I am presently listening to Creed's new cd "weathered" as a type this post. Now a few people(not all) seem to want to know if Creed or U2 is the better band, and many people get upset if the answer that was given to them was not their choice, which upsets me. Personally I will neither place either band above the other because they both have awsome qualities, in both the words that they sing, the meaning of such words, etc. I hope that this post does not upset anyone, but this is how I feel inside about the subject.Let the Music play on.........

------------------
My words get in the way
of what i really want to say

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
How many songs did they play? Scott said they'd be playing all the singles, and 3 more songs from the first two albums, along with some new covers. And I figure they'll play 7 or so new songs, so that's 21 Creed songs, 7 from each album, plus covers. Does that seem like a lot compared to the show you went to?

Id say they played around that many songs, the show was about 2 hours or maybe a bit more, so I would expect to see that happen again. They played a good portion of songs from each album, as well. Anyways, Id expect the Weathered tour to be pretty good, so Im definetely going.

Originally posted by CannibalisticArtist:
creed would be better if their lead singer shut up

LMFAO @ "singer syndrome"

*looks at Bluey*
wink.gif

------------------
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world.
My girl, ignore their cold words.
The song of your heart's so true, the sai is a way for you.
Hey Nico, stay strong in this world, my girl.

SlipStream Soul

I'll admit I'm a Creed fan. Nothing wrong with that. I do think Stapp is a bit egotistical.....but not many frontmen aren't. I've listened to Weathered a couple of times now and it's quickly growing on me. "Bullets" just flat out smokes for an opener. I also like "Who's Got My Back" (without the long intro). Seems like a pretty solid disc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom