Stevie Y To Retire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
News reports out of Detroit say that after his knee surgery last week, the Detroit Red Wings' Captain Steve Yzerman may be forced to retire if the pain in his knee does not diminish signifigantly. :(

Being a fan of the team for a long time, I'm heartbroken. But, the man played all during last year's playoffs with that pain, and has 3 Stanley Cups in 6 years, playing every one of his 20 seasons with the same team. It'll be sad if he has to retire, but thanks for the great run, Steve. A real class act, all the way. :up:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
News reports out of Detroit say that after his knee surgery last week, the Detroit Red Wings' Captain Steve Yzerman may be forced to retire if the pain in his knee does not diminish signifigantly. :(

Being a fan of the team for a long time, I'm heartbroken. But, the man played all during last year's playoffs with that pain, and has 3 Stanley Cups in 6 years, playing every one of his 20 seasons with the same team. It'll be sad if he has to retire, but thanks for the great run, Steve. A real class act, all the way. :up:

I couldn't agree more. It will be a tragedy if he has to retire because of injury and not on his own terms. I have been a fan of the Red Wings for 25 years (I am 25 years old) and I just can't imagine a Red Wings team wihtout Stevie Y.

I really hope he makes a full recovery and manages to go out on his own terms. If not, thanks for the memories Stevie.

Peace.

Re: Re: Stevie Y To Retire?

pop_mofo said:

I couldn't agree more. It will be a tragedy if he has to retire because of injury and not on his own terms. I have been a fan of the Red Wings for 25 years (I am 25 years old) and I just can't imagine a Red Wings team wihtout Stevie Y.

I really hope he makes a full recovery and manages to go out on his own terms. If not, thanks for the memories Stevie.

Peace.

Hmm.

Maybe he could use a rowing machine to stay in shape during the season and come back for the playoffs. It'd be worth it.

that would be real sad

he is definetely one of the elite hard working performers in the league.

not being a wings fan, in fact i dislike the wings, i have always been impressed with his class and skill.

Poor Stevie. I've had knee surgery and it sucks. Here's hoping that he recovers fully and quickly. We'll love him and respect him whether he has to retire or not.

Back
Top Bottom