Steve Waugh Tribute Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
pffft to the selectors...what a player

In his 100th test...

000908.jpg

With a great lieutenant Ian Healy...

004565.jpg

top of the world in 99
smile.gif

005566.jpg

playing his favourite stroke during the 16 Test winning streak...

010588.jpg

Ashes winner...

029691.jpg

Sacked!

033909.jpg

let's hope he sticks around for a while longer, and mebbe he'll still go to the next world cup...

more info on this legend...
http://www-aus.cricket.org/link_to_database/PLAYERS/AUS/W/WAUGH_SR_02001795/

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 02-18-2002).]

the man is a legend
I hope I'll get the chance to at least see him play once

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

since I get the feeling most people over here haven't got a clue what a great sportsman Steve Waugh is I thought I'd give this thread a little bump

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 02-25-2002).]

How am I a fibber?
tongue.gif

I just cant shed a tear that he's not the captain anymore.

He is a great sportsman. No more, no less.

He does not need to be captain to prove this.

That, Bertrand dearest, is a seperate issue.

Like many, I dont see it as a true reflection of his current performances. It is common sense to question the decision simply because he is still quite an outstanding performer on the field. That is not in question. I havent heard the reasons given for his departure from the position, so I cant elaborate.

So to sum up, yes is he still good, as to why he is no longer captain, there must be another reason. Do you know why?

Steve Waugh is a TOP 10 Cricketer of all time.However in One Dayers he was a bit out of sorts especially when running with guys like Beavn and Martyn in the middle order.I think his sacking was a blessing in disguise.I think his steel firm determintaion would get even harder and lets hope he hangs around and produce some more unforgettable moments across the green turf.

I think soon we should do a twin thread too.So Long Junior

------------------
In this Ozland

It's always a sensitive decision to stand down a loyal and successful player.I felt bad when I heard the news. But long term decisions are favoured I suppose.

Heals!!! I love Ian Healey . A gentleman of the sport imho.
Good luck to Steve and his family.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 05-15-2002).]

Hi brettig,
There is an article and photo in my local newspaper today. Headline "Waugh's Men Sit On Top of the World"
It's a great photo of Shane Warne,Glenn McGrath, Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting in tuxedos
smile.gif
I'll just quote a paragraph of it, no doubt you'll see it somewhere.

"....Waugh said he felt more nervous on stage in front of a collection of the world's greatest athletes and poseurs from film, music and fashion than he did 22 yards from a fierce fast bowler...."
(like Wasim Akram maybe?)
I'm not sure about the event they attended or the award, who did the voting?No info about that really.It does say Micaheal Schumacher beat Ian Thorpe to the honour of World Sportsman of the Year.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 05-15-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom