Steve Earle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rono

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just bought a ticket for Steve Earle and the Dukes. Does somebody knows what to expect ?

Read you,...

Can't say I do Rono, probably some damn fine guitar playing

I have taken a great liking to an Australian musician Kasey Chambers. There was a documentary about her on TV here yesterday ( I like her even more after seeing that). Buddy Miller plays on her latest album and he mentioned playing with Steve Earle. I know all 3 of those artists I just mentioned like to play at the Annual Eastcoast Blues and Roots Festival here....plus a host of other great musicians. Tuck Andress is playing there this year. I can't go:sad:
Sorry, that was no help.Have fun musiclover:wave:

Merry Christmas to you too Rono:hug:

btw, New Model Army was great, again.

Happy holiday`s for you and your family, Cass.

bergtop.jpg

:wave: :hug: :happy:

can i tell a soulfly story in your steve earle thread, look like I am

Thank You rono.
Timing again.I still haven't heard NMA, but I associate them with sepultura/ soulfly and the lovely max cavelera.
Soulfly were in Oz last month, but they played strictly Over 18 concerts. My middle son is a year too young, very disappointing. We noticed last night the clips on RAGE ( our weekend free-to -air music clip show) were particularly good, a real mixed bag, Marley, Queen, Black Sabb, Motorhead, Ramones, The Who...allsorts.
It was Max Cavelera programming. We:heart:Max.( he has a song called "One" on his latest album and a beautiful one "tree of pain" and......
So it is a Chrissy treat for my boys,4 hours of clips( I taped it on longplay)....all that and U2 on Christmas Day.woohoooo.
I liked your Christams card pic btw, in U2girl's greeting thread..the tongue, the snow. hahahahhaha. I've only felt/seen snow once and I did that!!! ewwwwww.
I only just got Hewson's "Acid Reign" band name suggestion too. You guys make me :lmao:
thanks...I'll :silent:

back to steve earle...someone please

Hey, Rono...FYI, Steve Earle is on the cover of the Nov/Dec 2002 issue of Harp magazine...don't know if you get that by you or not. I'd offer to send you a copy, but I already cleaned out the bookstore of all of their copies cuz there was a Ryan Adams interview in it...all my copies are promised to people. :(

I'm not too familiar with him yet though...but I hope you enjoy the show!

Thanks Bonochick,...

It is the thought that counts and the concert is on March 9th so there is plenty of time to find out what he stands for. And enough time to learn the lirycs of the John Walker blues to sing along with Steve.

But i still want to know what his status is in the USA. I read some of his lyrics and it is heavy stuff.

Read you,...:wave:

me again...if all else fails. ask someone who knows

hub
I presumed Steve Earle was a guitarist. We're not sure what instrument he might play,I( if he was on the cover of "Harp" mag, one would guess harmonica? Anyway his "hit " was "Copperhead Road".
Hub reminded me a friend had burned me a CD "transcendental blues" and I hadn't listened to it yet. I just got up to track 3 and decided to ring you up and say...so far and on that album, he sounds like Tom Petty.Nice for a sleepy sunny Sunday am....he might get rockin' later in the album?
where's that gaff tape?get more:silent:
incorrigible

Steve Earl is a great songwriter and - judging about what I rwad about him - he also is a pretty good guy

so you should be ok

Hey Salome,..

The more i am looking the more interesting thing i found. He has a connection whit the Supersuckers ( another favorite band ).

He is also playing in Tilburg and in Utrecht ( Utrecht i do not know for shure )

Rono,

His latest CD, Jerusalem is great. JW Blues is on it.

He is one of the few guys out there making socially conscience music.

He is playing in LA soon. I am thinking of going.

I hear the live show is really something.

deep said:
Rono,

His latest CD, Jerusalem is great. JW Blues is on it.

He is one of the few guys out there making socially conscience music.

He is playing in LA soon. I am thinking of going.

I hear the live show is really something.

Please go, and keep us informed. :drool:

Read you,...

I have seen Steve Earle many times over the last decade since a good friend of mine used to be one of the Dukes. He is fantastic--esp. since he got clean & sober. I am less familiar with his recent stuff but it's actually supposed to be his best work so I'm going to have to play catch-up before I see him here next month. Once when I saw him Bruce Springsteen was in the audience so he is really respected outside his genre. And when Dylan saw him a few years back he immediately stole his pedal steel player, Bucky Baxter. So Rono, you're in for a great show with great musicians and an amazing storyteller. He's alt. country's badass rebel boy.

....and today i bought one of the best cds made this year.:up:

Read you,....

Last edited:
Steve Earle rocked Santa Fe last night. There was such a huge demand for tickets that they had to move it to a bigger venue at the last minute, which doubled the audience size and created a bit of confusion but I ended up much more comfortable than I would've been at the original place. He played all my favorites and is a much better mandolin player than he used to be. He was funny and did his usual political ranting. Didn't seem too happy with his guitar tech, though...

I was at his last rehearsal/tour kickoff party before he started his tour last fall. It was at a recording studio here in Nashville that he uses for practice space. He and his band sounded great, they played a lot of the older tunes too from past albums as well as the Jerusalem material. It should be a good show.

Rono said:
Thanks, and now i am looking forward to march 9. :)

And Steve Earle got sick and the show will take place on April 13. :)

Last edited:
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
That's my birthday! :lol:
:reject: Happy birth+2day.

:wave:

The show was great and the band was very good. Steve Earle`s son and brother are playing in the dukes. Not much about Iraq ( :bow: )but enough about Unions and human rights.

mini-earleset.bmp.jpg

The highlights,...
Ashes to ashes, Harlan man, copperhead road,...Jerusalem and trancendental blues. The show was played very intens.

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom