Stereophonics - You Gotta Go There To Come Back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diemen

Resident Photo Buff
Staff member
Wow this is a great album - highly recommended! :up:

I picked it up on a complete impulse after hearing the single (Maybe Tomorrow - great song) on the radio on the way to pick up a bday present for a friend. It's a kind of bluesy noisy rock album, and there really aren't any duds on it. Some are better than others, but I've listened to it a couple times through and I really like it all the way through. I don't think I could tell you the name of any other Stereophonics songs besides the one on this album, but I'm definitely going to have to check them out after hearing this one. Great stuff.

Anyone else have it/like Stereophonics/can reco another cd of theirs?

Last edited:
i have it. its definetly not their best.

their first album, word gets around, is brilliant. it has '1000 trees', 'local boy in the photograph' and 'traffic'. three of there best songs.

performance and cocktails is also worth a look although not as good. it has 'just looking', 'hurry up and wait' and 'plastic california'

i really dont like JEEP. definetly their weakest album.

I only have performance and cocktails and Just Enough Education to Perform. Both are really good, I like them.

I have Performance and Cocktails, I was quite disappointed with it. It was probably the album that made very wary of British music press (after reading all the reviews, I thought it would be mind blowing).

I do really love the last song on it though, 'I Stopped to Fill My Car Up'. It's my fav.

I've also like the song, 'Mr. Writer' from one of their other albums.

I have You Gotta Go There To Come Back and I love it. I agree that every song is solid. My favorite would have to be "I'm Alright."

Dang. Now I wish I'd brought it to work with me so I could listen to it! :D

Back
Top Bottom