Stereophonics - Language. Sex. Violence. Other?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeartlandGirl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
New Stereophonics album!

B0007OTWQW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Comes out in the States on March 29. I have all their other albums, so I'm quite looking forward to hearing this one. Nice artwork, too. :up:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
side note: interesting that Nissan is using one of their songs in their latest ad.

I just bought a Nissan about a month ago, and last night I was telling mofo, I'm glad I could support a car company with good taste in music. :wink:

The song they're using, for those interested, is "High as the Ceiling." Good choice. :up:

Good cd, but only a few highlights id say, i still bought tix today to see them at the TLA in Philly. for $18 you couldnt beat it

Their website just gave me a headache... haven't picked up the cd yet but from the samplers the new songs sound good. :up:

Damn... so many new CDs, so little time (or money for that matter).

i'm going to see them here in toronto in may. they are playing a fairly small venue so it should be good.

I think 'Just Enough Education to Perform' is an excellent Stereophonics album. I love 'You Gotta Go There to Come Back' a lot too, and it was the album that got me into them. I haven't listened to 'Word Gets Around' and 'Performance and Cocktails' enough yet to give an informed opinion on them.

HeartlandGirl said:
I think 'Just Enough Education to Perform' is an excellent Stereophonics album. I love 'You Gotta Go There to Come Back' a lot too, and it was the album that got me into them. I haven't listened to 'Word Gets Around' and 'Performance and Cocktails' enough yet to give an informed opinion on them.

I also listen to Just Enough Education to Perform and You Gotta Go There to Come Back a lot. And also like you I haven't listented to the other two enough.

Wow. Only five songs in, and this album is fantastic.

Wow, wow, wow. Kelly and the boys have outdone themselves.

Alrighty, I got my ticket to see them a week from Monday. The album sounds really good to me, so I figured $14 was a ridiculously small price to pay to see them live. Can't wait to hear whatever setlist they've got cooked up.

For those interested, in my journal is a review of the Stereophonics show I saw this week.

Rock on, people.

Word Gets Around - One of the best debut albums, EVER.
Performance and Cocktails - Awesome follow up, almost as good as WGA.
JEEP - Nice album, cruisey.. not up to the first two in quality though.
YGGTTCB - Contains their greatest song ever, 'Getaway'. The rest is just a step below JEEP.

Their new album is ok, but a bit boring. a new sound which is nice. They have made anough good music in the past for me to overlook this album's weakness. As a great live band I hope they can develop their new sound and put out new albums the quality of their first two.

Oh and one song on there sounds way too much like 'The Fly'.

Back
Top Bottom