Stereophonics' Kelly Jones to release solo record

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
I can't wait to hear this :up:

From the Stereophonics website:

I've got a bit of news you may be interested in. In between takes of making the new album I began recording some new songs with just an electric guitar. It began as something very off the cuff then within a couple of days, in the early hours, an album consisting of ten songs was finished. Every song is a girl's name and the album is gonna be called 'Only The Names Have Been Changed.'

It's pretty dark, filmic, story based, very mellow and in no means a reflection on the new Stereophonics album. It's sparse, some songs with string arrangements and the voice is way up front in the mix.

The record will be online under my name from Monday 29th January followed by a very limited hard copy release in March. Not enough copies for charts or reviews, it's purely being released as spontaneously as it was recorded.

I've never wanted to do a solo record or go solo, this is far from a vanity project. I just wanted to do something that would break the cycle of a Stereophonics record and do something that had nothing to do with commercial success, radio playlists, marketing etc etc. Something purely about expressing music and releasing it as quickly as its made..as apposed to waiting a year as usual.

I wanted it out there quickly for fans only with no chance of going anywhere near a chart show. I'm going to do a small tour in March to play the songs live and am very much looking forward to making a completely mellow, filmic stage environment to do so.

So keep ya eyes peeled if ya interested and I will see you on the road!

that must be why coolfm played a Stereophonics' song this morning
I was too sleepy to realise what they were talking about :D

Oh wow. That's excellent. Love the title and concept.

Does anyone know if it will be an iTunes release kind of thing or something on the 'Phonics website?

First the new Manics album news and now this. God bless Wales. :heart:

I've only got to hear thie first two tunes
Will have a proper listen when I have more free time

:drool:

Thanks from me as well, Lara. The first song alone is enough to make me buy it. I love Kelly's voice, and this sounds terrific.

:heart:

I listened to the first few songs, this sounds really great, I own all of Stereophonics' albums, I will need this as well

Listening to it now on the myspace site shown abobe^. Sounds good, quite dark and melancholy, but sometimes I suppose everyone gets in the mood to listen to an album like that every now and again. Quite different from Phonics stuff.

All the songs have female names. Strange.

The album is being released on Monday in the UK. :)

You can pre-order the limited edition vinyl (500 copies) and cd online at HMV.

I looked into buying the actual CD when it was released on iTunes. Gonna be kinda expensive to import here in the U.S., so I'm glad I just went with the digital version.

Excellent little record, though. I could listen to Kelly's voice all day. :heart:

Irishteen said:
I bought the CD today, with the DVD haven't listened to the CD but I love the DVD

Youse always get stuff earlier down there :drool:

Back
Top Bottom