Stereophonics Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutely love 'em.

Kelly Jones has a fantastic voice.

Dakota was probably my favorite song of '05

I tend to love Stereophonics singles (though I didn't really like any of the stuff from their You Gotta Go There To Come Back album) but aren't so keen on the album tracks.

But any band that makes great songs like:

Dakota
Superman
Rewind
Pick a Part That's New
Just Looking
As well as a great cover of Handbags and Gladrags

Are a good band in my book!

Kelly Jones :heart:

They are an enjoyable band. Their show was one of the loudest I've ever been to; I couldn't hear for days. :banghead:

I really love Stereophonics. I'm so glad they came to the States last year to give us all a listen. (I managed to get one of Kelly's picks too. :up: )

Hard to pick a favorite album, but I'd say my favorite song is "I'm Alright (You Gotta Go There to Come Back)."

:heart:

martha said:
I have Language...
and the new live album. Which one do I want next??

Their first album (Word Gets Around) is a fan favorite, and it's quite solid. You might want to start with that and work your way forward. :)

Amazing band. If I was to rank their albums it would be as follows:

1. Word Gets Around (1997)
2. Performance And Cocktails (1999)
3. Language... (2005)
4. You Gotta Go There To Come Back (2003)
5. Just Enough Education To Perform (2001)

The good thing as well is you can set your watch by them, Every two years at Easter time they release an album, tour until the end of the year and then spend the next year writing, recording and taking some hard earned rest. They are due to release an album next year, two years after their last.

Seen them three times, once at Donnington in 2001 and twice at the MEN arena in 2001 and 2003. Gutted I missed the chance to see them on their last tour.

Would have loved to have been at the Elevation Tour when they supported U2.

Feel sorry for Stuart Cable as well.

I really like them.

I saw them a few years ago and the concert was really good craic :up:

I saw them on Live 8...

Dakota BLEW MY MIND!!! :rockon:

they were supose to come with Oasis this year, but they didn't :sad:

I love this band. I 've always felt critics are underrating this band.

My top 5:

1. You've gotta go there to come back
2. Word gets around
3. Language, sex, violence other?
4. Performance and cocktails
5. Just enough education to perform

Already waiting for the new album...
They're in the studio now.

I love them a lot, my first album of theirs was Language, so I can't help but call that my favourite, but I own all their other albums as well, except the new live one. Anyone got any opinions on it?

word gets around is their best album though.... there is a new site of theirs opened wordgetsaround.org, its pretty cool, should check it out

Back
Top Bottom