Stereophonics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
i haven't seen a thread in here about them. what do y'all think about them. i like them. :up:

well since i have my internet radio up i realized i need to buy more cd's whenever i get the extra $$. i need to buy a manic street preachers cd. everytime i hear a song by them i really like them.

that is all.

I've had their 'Performance and Cocktails' album for a few years. A lot of the songs sound similar, but they're still entertaining to listen to.

I really like the last song on that album, "I Stopped to Fill My Car Up". It's a personal favorite. I think I'll listen to it right now!

i really like them.

unfortunately i'm missing them twice in september in toronto. apparently they couldn't wait til i moved up to play there. :sigh:

Funny, the other day I was just thinking about posting a thread about what people think of their new album. I haven't heard it yet...

I think I saw them at V2002. Are they the band that sings that song "have a nice day" ?

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i heard a song by them yesterday on virgin radio and i am not sure it if is new or not, but i really liked it. :| too bad i have no clue what the name of the song is. i will have to listen virgin tonight to see if they play it again .

well...their brand new single is maybe tomorrow and the first single from their latest album is called madam helga.

I think I saw them at V2002. Are they the band that sings that song "have a nice day" ?

yes they did play @V2002 and yes they do sing have a nice day.

Virgin Radio play the phonics a lot! They are a good band! I love their cover of handbags and gladrags! :up:

shame they arnt at V this year but oh well coldplay will do ;)

yeah, i thot that was them. they were the headliners at v2002 after Travis had to step out. Nice memories I have...a whole day of great music and fun, just finishing seeing Doves, we rambled over to the big field with the main stage and lay on our blankets...cool breeze, 60,000ish people, "have a niiiiice day" indeed. :yes:

the new cd is called "you gotta go there to come back" . it's not bad....it's growing on me. their first 2 cds "word gets around" and "performance and cocktails" are much better.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
Hope Is Important

Nice :up:

My favs from that cd are:

'When I Argue I See Shapes'
and
'I'm Happy To Be Here Tonight'

There are many other good ones too though. Good pick.

i've seen them live a couple of times - i do like them, as much as some people hate them for going to a more pop sound. Their earlier stuff is definitely better though. Check out songs like 'local boy in the photograph' off their first album 'word gets around'. The second album, 'Performance and Cocktails' is also good.

Back
Top Bottom