Stephen Baldwin says Bono is in league with Satan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2006/10/09/baldwin/index_np.html

"The Unusual Suspect" features an open letter to Bono, lambasting him for lobbying for debt relief for developing countries instead of preaching the gospel on MTV. Bono must be in league with Satan, whom Baldwin spends a lot of time thinking about. "I am smart enough to know that Satan is alive and well today," he writes. "Satan has all kinds of power, and he is able to control the minds of anyone whose mind isn't controlled by God." Baldwin's theology -- and criticism of secularists and Christian poseurs like Bono -- is written with remarkable confidence for someone who can only recite six of the Ten Commandments and four of the Twelve Apostles.

Wow. This is sad. Baldwin's young in his faith -- "immature" would be a better word. Bono's actions to help the world's poor is exactly what Christ taught.
I'll argue with anyone that Bono has done more for the work of Christ than any other Christian alive. There's much more to following Christ than preaching. I wish more Christians would wake up to that.

I don't know why, but I always had the impression that he is not a "very intelligent" person, just like Ben afleck. one look at them is enough to realise that they don't have anything in their brains.

besides, attacking other's actions, is not a very good example, even worse if those actions are good :shrug:

Helping people who are in dying need is Satan's work???? There's no way any sane person can put Bono's work with the poor and sick down without losing whatever credibility they have.

Jesus would never speak badly about anyone....obviously Stephen Baldwin does not want to emulate him....maybe satan made him say those bad things about Bono. :eyebrow:

and .....how dare he say something bad about Bono:madwife:

Last edited:
JCOSTER said:
Jesus would never speak badly about anyone....obviously Stephen Baldwin does not want to emulate him....maybe satan made him say those bad things about Bono. :eyebrow:

and .....how dare he say something bad about Bono:madwife:

Hear Hear!!!! :up: :up: :up:

In the nwe People magazine, there's a one page thingy on Stephen Baldwin...he's travelling around the country in a semi and in the back he has a PULPIT so he can preach the word of God.
I would rank him right up there with, well, all of his brothers as far as intelligence goes.
Wow.

mecricksavard said:
In the nwe People magazine, there's a one page thingy on Stephen Baldwin...he's travelling around the country in a semi and in the back he has a PULPIT so he can preach the word of God.
I would rank him right up there with, well, all of his brothers as far as intelligence goes.
Wow.

Yeah, I saw that. Baldwin's also making gnarly skateboarding videos without all the sex and drugs! (I didn't know skateboarders did drugs and had sex while they were flying up and down those ramps, but whatever. Time to go back OT.)

Too many actors and actresses are basically a few fries short of a Happy Meal, IMO. But to say Bono's in league with Satan because ... because, why? Because he's a more famous Christian than you are and you're jealous? :shrug:

Isn't he the perfect example of someone who does too much partying and screwing around and then finds Jesus and thinks he can tell others about their shortcomings? I found him much more interesting when he was in Threesome, oh, but Satan must have made him do that movie.

*listens to Jonny Lang. Amazing voice, that boy*

I'm sorry, are we really worrying about what Baldwin said about Bono?

Bono doesn't care - why do you? :p

I would love to be a fly on the wall when Alec and Stephen talk politics and religion.:wink:

Frankly though, THIS is scary:

He has been named a cultural advisor to President Bush, a formidable follow-up to his invitation to speak at the Republican National Convention, where he announced proudly from the podium, "I'm here because of my faith."

ha ha ha. i love that. i completely forgot he was in threesome.

it should be noted that he be judged not because that particular film features a sexual love triangle, but because it is a terrible film. but then, most of stephen baldwin's films are.

the only good one is the Usual Suspects.

i would love to see Baldwin VS Bono on Bible Jeopardy. That would be amazing.

how exactly does one profess to preach the "word of God" when he doesn't even know what it is?

Back
Top Bottom