Stellastarr*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Anyone here listen to these guys?

They released an album in 2003 that I bought last summer, and the more I listen to it, the more I like it. They're a New York band that's apparently very popular on the local music scene.

What do those of you who've heard them think about them?

I seem to like everything that New York spawns in terms of bands - especially if it involves synthesizers. They fitted those requirements pretty well.
I agree with you about 'more you listen, more you like'. I thought it was pretty average when I first bought it... always started skipping around Moon Girl. I like pretty much the whole thing now though. I haven't heard much from them recently.

I saw them open for Placebo about a year or so ago, and thought they had an interesting sound to them, even if it seemed to borrow too heavily from the Talking Heads for me to love it. I do enjoy "My CoCo" (or whatever that song is called).

One funny thing that happened after the Placebo show when members of Stellastarr* had gathered at the merch table.. The drummer, who dresses fairly flamboyantly at times, had this exchange with a kid:

Kid: "Hey Justin Timberlake!!"
Drummer: (bows) "Shalom"

It was funny at the time. :eeklaugh:

Lol, I like them they supported the Killers last year in London, My COCOCO, like the female backing vocals too,

ZeroDude said:
Lol, I like them they supported the Killers last year in London, My COCOCO, like the female backing vocals too,

i saw them too with the killers last yr ... but it was the killers doing the supporting (in the US)... althought i think they're much more satisfying to listen to than the killers, they'll probably settle into obscurity while the killers slowly take over the world

their selftitled was on heavy rotation during my trip to europe so theyll always have a special place with me ...

Back
Top Bottom