Steely Dan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Today, I have officially fallen in love with Steely Dan again. Besides Aja, I hadn't listened to anything by them in a year or more...and I was missing out. Katy Lied, Pretzel Logic, Royal Scam, and of course Aja (one of the five best rock records ever, IMO)...it's all good.

I've been a Steely Dan fan for at least 5 years now, and they were one of my first musical loves. (My dad was a HUGE fan of theirs, and that's how I got introduced) The smooth production and instrumentation is what drew me in, but listening to it again...I realize that band definitely had some great songwriters in it. Good variety, off-the-wall subject matter...yeah, it's all there. There's a reason I used to love them; they're brilliant. Still in my top 10 favorite artists ever.

ah memories...

steely dan, america, foreigner, journey, eagles, boston, chicago, kansas, reo speedwagon, genesis, jefferson airplane/starship, fleetwood mac, steve miller band, bob seger & the silver bullet band, styx, supertramp, and i'll throw in j. geils band for fun. i never could get into jethro tull - that flute just annoyed me. so many good bands - classic rock for sure.

I got all excited reading here that they're touring, then immediately went to Ticketmaster to check. The closest they're playing to me, Niagara Falls, NY, is sold out. :(

FitzChivalry said:
LOVE
And let's not forget Donald Fagen's The Nightfly. :drool: :drool: :combust: "New Frontier" is just SO much fun!

Oh yes. :drool: Glorious record, that one. IGY, New Frontier, and the title song are all up there with the best SD songs. :combust:

FitzChivalry said:

:drool: :rockon:

I cannot even tell you how many times I heard this song growing up. It's like this, The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, all of Led Zeppelin (especially The Rover, That's The Way, Whole Lotta Love and Carouselambra) are forever embedded in my DNA strands!

Steely Dan. :drool: :combust:

Don't get me started on Zeppelin...I might love them even more than U2. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom