Starsailor...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DiGi--just wondering, were you standing next to me? People standing next to me were talking about U2. I'm sure there are several U2 fans in the DC area, though....

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Originally posted by meegannie:
DiGi--just wondering, were you standing next to me? People standing next to me were talking about U2. I'm sure there are several U2 fans in the DC area, though....

I was actually upstairs, sitting down on the steps (left hand side if you are looking at the stage). But I did see a guy with a Slane shirt on standing on the floor. I think I met him at a Pete Yorn/JJ72 Show actually, because I have the same shirt and was wearing it that night.
Probably should have tried to meet up meegannie.

Foray, I have the Blue Room EP as well, I agree awesome. I got Brothers and Sisters 2 days ago, its sweet. I also have the Yellow, Shiver and Trouble Norwegian Live EP, all worth your money if you don't have them yet.

I agree - Starsailor was absolutely brilliant live!! Saw them play a small club in Ottawa here last weekend - woah, can that guy's voice carry!!!

I don't know about the show down in D.C., but the singer kept giggling like a 5 year old boy - it was f-ing hilarious!!!!!!

DiGi--I didn't see the guy in the Slane shirt, but I saw another guy in a U2 shirt, and then the guys next to me were talking about U2 concerts. I guess a lot of U2 fans have good taste.
smile.gif
I was in the front row between the lead singer and the bass player. It was very unnerving (especially since he recognized my friend and me from Saturday night in Philly), but it was definitely a great experience.

ladywithspinninghead--They had some sound problems in DC, so James Walsh was trying to occupy time by singing the Postman Pat song and telling a joke. So there was much giggling. I loved it. The best part was when someone requested "The Way Young Lovers Do" and James Stelfox (the bass player) said, "Well, tonight they don't!"

------------------
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Did this lead to his comment about familiar faces? hmmm

I think so because then he smiled at me and my friend (we'd been in the front row in Philly too and met them after the show). We got a lot of eye contact during the evening which made me even more nervous. Everytime he'd look at me, I'd look down, but that was probably good because he's shy too, and it's probably rare to see people in the front row who are scared to look at him.
smile.gif
Especially since the people on both sides of us were being obnoxious.
mad.gif

What did you think of the song "Born Again"? I think that song is incredible. I can't believe it's only a b-side.

------------------

What did you think of the song "Born Again"? I think that song is incredible. I can't believe it's only a b-side.

The one song I did not know. I thought It was awesome. I did not know what it was when they played it,I just have the album and no b-sides. One of my favorites of the night though, without question. I need to get that song and some bootleg shows and everything else they have produced.

The one song I did not know. I thought It was awesome. I did not know what it was when they played it,I just have the album and no b-sides. One of my favorites of the night though, without question. I need to get that song and some bootleg shows and everything else they have produced.

Yay!!! Glad to see you're a convert.
smile.gif
"Born Again" is a b-side to "Poor Misguided Fool." The single is going to be released March 18th in the UK, but I'm not sure if it'll be released in the US or not. (I'm still trying to find the "Good Souls" single!) You can order it as an import from Amazon, but it's a bit pricey for a single. Still, I'll probably buy it.
smile.gif
CDNow also has it available for pre-order for $10.99 with an expected release date of March 26th. So that could be the date it's being released in the US if they chose it as their next US single.

As for bootlegs, if you have mirc, there are some people on #mp3uk and #mp3passion who have some shows from the UK. I don't have a cd burner and am forced rely on the kindness of friends, otherwise I would burn some for you.

------------------

The single is going to be released March 18th in the UK, but I'm not sure if it'll be released in the US or not. (I'm still trying to find the "Good Souls" single!) You can order it as an import from Amazon, but it's a bit pricey for a single. Still, I'll probably buy it.
smile.gif
CDNow also has it available for pre-order for $10.99

[/B]

I was just looking on Amazon.co.uk and it looks cheaper to order the singles from them, Including shipping it is only $10.42 US dollars for Poor Misguided Fool.

You can use www.xe.com/ucc/ to do the currency conversion.

I have ordered stuff from Amazon.co.uk before and its great.

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 03-08-2002).]

Thanks for the amazon.co.uk info--I didn't even think about ordering through them.

------------------

Have any of you heard James Walsh's (the lead singer of Starsailor) cover of "Don't Stop Movin'" by S Club 7? It's so good! I swear, that voice can make any song listenable. (It's up there with Travis's cover of "Baby One More Time").
smile.gif

------------------

I have to agree with Foxxern here--I really can't stand Starsailor. The songs are highly unoriginal and simply none too entertaining. I think it's another case of the British press kissing the ass of every new attempt to rip-off The Bends.
rolleyes.gif

Have any of you heard James Walsh's (the lead singer of Starsailor) cover of "Don't Stop Movin'" by S Club 7? It's so good! I swear, that voice can make any song listenable. (It's up there with Travis's cover of "Baby One More Time").
smile.gif

where do you get this?

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 03-14-2002).]

Originally posted by Foxxern:
Sounds kinda like watered down Travis to me.

Is this possible?!

A quick straw poll of people at work found Starsailor to be annoying, pathetic, whining and downright reprehensible. They are bloody awful. I mean, listen to the lyrics... they are cringeworthy! Ugh.

And they are from Wigan. Need I say more?!

Originally posted by DiGi:
where do you get this?

[This message has been edited by DiGi (edited 03-14-2002).]

Go to: http://www.themodernage.org/archives/2002_02_17_index.shtml#10039732 and at the 11:31am section, there are some great cover songs. "Independent Women: Part I" by Elbow is also really funny.

------------------

From the MTV2 website:

Starsailor
An MTV2 half-hour concert of the new British import, Starsailor.

Sun 03/17
10:30 PM

Mon 03/18
5:00 PM

Thu 03/21
11:00 AM

Thu 03/21
9:30 PM

Sun 03/24
5:00 PM

I'm not sure what show this is. I found this today, though, so it may be the same show:

"Starting March 20, the Warner Brothers Live Concert Series will be featuring a webcast of Starsailor's performance in Park City, Utah -- AND, you can watch it anytime you want for the next three months."

smile.gif

------------------

why do I not see threads like this? Starsailor is my favorite new band. A guy on the U2NYC list got a bunch of us in to them and they are so great live. You have to check them out.

Starsailor will be on VH1 tonight at 11pm EST. With Andy Richter...interesting combo.... Anyway, it should be good.

Also, there's a concert online at http://www.virtueoz.com/music/concerts/index.html

------------------

Back
Top Bottom