Starsailor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tuvok

The Fly
Does anyone here rate Starsailor. I saw them warm up at Cardiff and thought they were awesome:yes: but my friend thought the singer was irritating and the songs dull.

They're one of those bands who I can listen to as background music and enjoy, but they're never going to be a band who really mean something to me. They make decent enough inoffensive music, but it's really just nothing special IMO.

The only song I ever heard was Good Souls and I really liked it, if memory serves.

I like them, even if they're almost universally seen as pretty lame. They can pull out some good pop from time to time (like "Good Souls" or "Music Was Saved").

jkayet said:
Meegannie and I have been gushing about them for ages on here...huge fans. :) We have many fun stories about meeting them during the 'love is here' tour and all - really nice guys. Anyway, so we love them! They put on an amazing live show for sure! A couple old threads about them, in case you are interested:
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80062&highlight=starsailor
http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84324&highlight=starsailor

:yes: I don't care if James writes the most hideously lame lyrics known to mankind, I still love them live and have so many good and weird memories associated with them (I wouldn't be married or living in England if it weren't for them!).

And I really want to go to El Salvador someday.

I have to chime in with some love for Starsailor. They're kind've a guilty pleasure for me. I know the lyrics are lame but James is also young and otherwise very accomplished for his age. I had a blast when I saw them live. Those lips, those eyes, that gorgeous voice and those catchy tunes, I'm sorry, but they're irresistable to me. I'm really looking forward to watching them mature as performers, musicians and songwriters.

So there. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom