Star Wars storyline and plot discussion on new and old trilogy conflicts - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2005, 11:36 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC
And when it comes to the two-Sith-only rule, that is explained in the KOTOR video games. There are 2 Dark Lords of the Sith at all times, a Master and an Apprentice. There are thousands of other Sith, but they are merely Dark Jedi with lesser powers. The Master trains the Apprentice until such point that the Apprentice is stronger than the Master, and the Apprentice then tries to kill the Master. If the Apprentice succeeds, he becomes the Master and chooses an Apprentice to train to eventually kill him. If the Master succeeds, he chooses a new Apprentice from among the ranks of the Sith to train again.
Not much of a career path to work for the Sith.....

Old 05-31-2005, 11:40 AM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jay canseco
Having not yet watched the film, I've wondered if the droid that says Padme died of heartbreak might have belonged to the Emperor. The Emperor may have had Padme killed so that Anakin would have no reason left to return to the good side....until he later finds luke and leia??? Does the movie trash this theory?
I thought of this when reading that the Emperor enjoyed telling Anakin about Padme.
There is a back story regarding the medical droids (as with all minor characters in Star Wars).

The medical personnel do not work for the Empire and are well known for the medical prowess. The particular base where Padme is taken is hidden in an astroid field.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:33 PM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony
I love this scene. Very complex, and Ian McDiarmid is sensational in it. I too think that he was overplaying the 'don't kill me, please... I'm too weak' angle, seeing as how quickly (i.e. - instantly) he disposes of Mace Windu as soon as Anakin cuts his hand off. Having said that, I don't think he lost the duel with Mace on purpose (Mace kicks hims hard and causes him to fall) and I don't think he'd scar himself on purpose (though I don't think he really cares).

Either way, its a cool scene.

Ant.
I love Palpatine's progression from "I'm too weak" to "No, no, no" (when Windu says he is to dangerous to live), to his cry of "Absolute Power" as he blasts Windu with the final jolt of force lightning.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:25 PM   #79
Refugee

Local Time: 04:10 AM
but palpatine is not that selfish , it's all about sith teachings, after all he knew that vader would be stronger then him , and death star 2 battle was more like an opportunity to find a new sith student ( luke ) or to find a new sith lord ( darth vader ) , i always thought , if vader would remain strong and healthy ( even with chopped robotic hand ), they would've been a new pair ( master and the apprentice ) , darth vader / anakin skywalker still was on the dark side , luke used the dark side , there were three of them , one had to go
in episode VI , luke even looked like a sith anyways
Old 05-31-2005, 09:07 PM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I havent read this whole thing and maybe you guys have talked about it, but I didnt understand how the Jedi's didnt sence when they called for " 66" and they started killing all the Jedi's.
Old 06-01-2005, 04:31 AM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 04:10 AM
i think , they did , yoda did , mace did and he tried to do something , but it happened so quickly and those clone troopers were quite good ,
Old 06-01-2005, 05:04 AM   #82
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Yea it happened too fast, like in Sith there are scenes of individual Jedis being turned on by their clone troopers and murdered. Alone they didn't stand a chance. They show that beehive head guy and the green girl getting it bad. Obi Wan's turned on him too but he managed to escape as he always does.

I have a question, if there can only be 2 sith lords, why do both Vader and the emperor want to convert Luke so bad? Don't they know that if they succeed one of them would have to die? And if they did know this why were they in it together, knowing there could not be 3???
Old 06-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by DeadMansParty
I havent read this whole thing and maybe you guys have talked about it, but I didnt understand how the Jedi's didnt sence when they called for " 66" and they started killing all the Jedi's.
There may be a difficulty in sensing clones because they are clones. From bits and pieces I've read, the clones all appear the same in terms of the Force. Thus, a Jedi would sense a mass of "white noise" with so many "copies" of the same person.

Also, it seems that Order 66 was hard wired into the Clones, so they would respond quickly once they heard the order.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:22 PM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonofire
I have a question, if there can only be 2 sith lords, why do both Vader and the emperor want to convert Luke so bad? Don't they know that if they succeed one of them would have to die? And if they did know this why were they in it together, knowing there could not be 3???
Vader was looking to make Luke his apprentice the whole time.

If you remember correctly, when the Emperor isn't around, Vader tells Luke that he wants to rule the Galaxy as father and son together. I take this to mean that the Emperor would be killed by Vader and Luke together once Luke was properly trained in the Dark Side.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:43 PM   #85
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

If you remember correctly, when the Emperor isn't around, Vader tells Luke that he wants to rule the Galaxy as father and son together. I take this to mean that the Emperor would be killed by Vader and Luke together once Luke was properly trained in the Dark Side.
correctamundo
Old 06-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #86
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

But Sidious was just as willing to have Luke kill Vader and take Luke as his new apprentice. Notice how Sidious enjoys their battle to the end - but is frustrated when Luke won't finish Vader off.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #87
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Have we ever thought about the prophecy in this sense: Vader brought balance to the force by fathering luke. Luke fought Vader and brought out the good in him and vader returned to anakin and killed the emperor. He fathered luke who was the one who truly changed everything and in future books brought back the jedi knights to the new republic. In a sense they both brought balance to the force. Maybe the misinterpretation was that bringing balance to the force meant giving life to the one who would truly do so. i dunno, jsut rambling...
Old 06-02-2005, 02:39 AM   #88
Refugee

here's what is a concern to me...why wasn't the word "sith" ever used in the original movies? i mean now everyone uses it like it's been there all along...but it hasn't
Old 06-02-2005, 04:27 AM   #89
Acrobat

So Vader and the emperor were both hoping to use Luke against the other? Maybe that's why Vader told Luke he was his dad, to get the better chance at it! But if this was true, why did the two sith lords not sense the betrayal in the other, and fight it out themselves?
Old 06-02-2005, 04:54 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by blueyedpoet
here's what is a concern to me...why wasn't the word "sith" ever used in the original movies? i mean now everyone uses it like it's been there all along...but it hasn't
While I can't recall anyone saying the word "sith" in the original trilogy off the top of my head, it is in the script when describing a scene, and also mentioned in the books. It has always been around.