Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge Of The Sith Spoiler Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was cool, but when have any of the trailers for a Star Wars movie not been cool?

The trailer for Phantom Menace made my -Mum- want to see it, and she usually has zero interest in Star Wars.

After the two lackluster sequels, I don't even bother to keep my fingers crossed anymore... :( I just can't see why the third one would be any different.

Saracene said:

After the two lackluster sequels, I don't even bother to keep my fingers crossed anymore... :( I just can't see why the third one would be any different.

Well, I can, based on what we know is going to happen. Personally I dont know how it can be bad. :shrug: I guess we will see.

I think I was the only one unimpressed with the trailer, but the story does look like it has some depth to it.

I did like "You were supposed to be the chosen one!!" scene. :up:

This deserves a separate thread now, but oh well.

I think for people not TOO into Star Wars, the edits were WAY too quick. I read the shot by shot description weeks ago and it was still a bit fast for me.

Not the best way to draw in casual fans. They should have shown 1 second more of Chewbacca.

That bird's eye view of Anakin marching with the troops was spine-chilling. And I think Natalie's crying will finally win over people who felt she was a bit wooden in the last two.

But man, this one is going to be second right behind Empire, if not the best of them all. Seriously.

laz

does anyone have a the full trailer on their computer? Would you mind either emailing it to me or posting a "youknowwhat" link?

pleeeeeeeeease?:D

nbcrusader said:
I'm already viewing Episode 4 differently knowing what will happen in Episode 3....

Unfortunately, one thing that has happened with these prequels is the amount of inconsistencies that have popped up.

For example, we saw in AOTC that C-3PO lived at the Lars homestead for a while, yet in Episode 4, Owen has no idea who he is when he is purchasing him from the Jawas. You'd think he know...

But you're right, with the events in ROTS, it puts the original movie in a new light.

phanan said:
For example, we saw in AOTC that C-3PO lived at the Lars homestead for a while, yet in Episode 4, Owen has no idea who he is when he is purchasing him from the Jawas. You'd think he know...

This will be addressed in Episode 3.

Believe me; the hardcore fans analyze every line of dialogue to see how they fit together.

Last edited:
The Threepio thing won't be addressed in the new film. You have to consider that Threepio wasn't a "friend" to Owen and Beru the way he is to Leia & Luke later in the original trilogy. When Owen went to buy the droids in Episode IV, he never hears their names, because he doesn't care. They are just servants, and not even human beings. Threepio only introduces himself to Luke after they're taken inside.

Do you think you would recognize a vacuum cleaner you had 25 years ago? If every other vacuum cleaner looks just like it? Protocol droids are pretty common and Threepio looks like all the rest of them. So Owen wouldn't bat an eye, and probably wouldn't care if he had ultimately found out anyway.

If you want to ask why Artoo and Threepio don't recognize Tatooine when they return in Episode IV, that would be a better question. But the answer to that is pretty obvious--they will have their memories wiped at the end of Episode III so they can't reveal the locations of the twins. So they have no idea they've been to the planet before.

laz

lazarus said:
The Threepio thing won't be addressed in the new film. You have to consider that Threepio wasn't a "friend" to Owen and Beru the way he is to Leia & Luke later in the original trilogy. When Owen went to buy the droids in Episode IV, he never hears their names, because he doesn't care. They are just servants, and not even human beings. Threepio only introduces himself to Luke after they're taken inside.

Do you think you would recognize a vacuum cleaner you had 25 years ago? If every other vacuum cleaner looks just like it? Protocol droids are pretty common and Threepio looks like all the rest of them. So Owen wouldn't bat an eye, and probably wouldn't care if he had ultimately found out anyway.

If you want to ask why Artoo and Threepio don't recognize Tatooine when they return in Episode IV, that would be a better question. But the answer to that is pretty obvious--they will have their memories wiped at the end of Episode III so they can't reveal the locations of the twins. So they have no idea they've been to the planet before.

laz

Yes, you're right. Threepio indeed did not say his name to Owen, so that makes sense.

And it is obvious both droids' memories will be wiped. As we know, Threepio says in Episode 4 that their last master was Captain Antilles, and that's probably all he knows.

lazarus said:
Do you think you would recognize a vacuum cleaner you had 25 years ago? If every other vacuum cleaner looks just like it? Protocol droids are pretty common and Threepio looks like all the rest of them.

not to mention the fact that in AOTC, C3PO didn't even have his gold plates yet. he looks completely different by the time he's sold by the jawas.

:secretstarwarsnerd:

I think this movie will be by far the best of the three because this is the only story Lucas had figured out before he decided to build a second trilogy. The previous 2 movies were fodder and light on plot and character development. This third film is the core of what this whole prequel idea is about. Hopefully, Anakin will be seen in this film as one of the most evil movie villains ever and be the Darth Vader we all love to hate. Based on the pictures around the web, I think this one will live up to the hype.

phanan said:
And it is obvious both droids' memories will be wiped. As we know, Threepio says in Episode 4 that their last master was Captain Antilles, and that's probably all he knows.

Ding! Ding!

It only takes one line of dialogue to tie up this loose end.

Though, Threepio may be the only one with the memory wipe.

Back
Top Bottom