star wars episode 2 - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2002, 01:27 PM   #31
The Fly

Local Time: 10:30 AM
great script?! great script?! wtf......nxt thing i know yall gonna tell me that freddy got fingered was the greatest film of all time...good god man what is wrong with u people...i cant belive what im reading...the first one was so bad...i mean it was natrocious...wait, it was worse than that..it was so bad it created its own word...natroad...or batrocious...yeah..thats it it was batrocious...buy my ticket, or ill wait a month before i see this one...i aint fightin for it...hell id rather watch the crocdile hunter move...and epsoide 4-6 kicked ass...epsoide 1 sucked it...

Old 05-15-2002, 02:26 PM   #32
Acrobat

I'm getting discouraged...I'm going to see it...but I haven't seen one good review of it yet... I mean by professional reviewers...that usually doesn't bother me but one guy's (the one on Good Morning America) opinion almost always gels with mine...we agree on practically everything...he didn't really like it...

Hope he's wrong...

dream wanderer

Old 05-15-2002, 02:33 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:30 AM
I don't think I've read a single glowing review yet. lol. But I'll still go see it just for the hell of it. Great acting has never been a hallmark of the Star Wars films (Mark Hamill anyone? ) and neither is great scripts. But the FX oughta be cool and hey, Ewan MacGregor is enough to get my $7.50.
Old 05-15-2002, 02:37 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
I remember I once told him that watching Yoda fight would be the most ridiculous sight on the face of the earth... the little dude DOES kick ass. His was the best fighting sequence ever. It was breathtaking.

Ant.

Yoda rulz!

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins
Old 05-15-2002, 02:51 PM   #35
Refugee

Local Time: 05:30 AM
The critics are not all bad. It's got 60% on the tomatometer rating at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/Star...lones-1112314/

------------------
The sunshine bores the daylights out of me
Chasing shadows moonlight mystery

My Photo Albums
Old 05-15-2002, 05:03 PM   #36
Acrobat

Quote:
maybe Not George Lucas or Achtung Bubba could answer this:
Is Episode II titled Attack of the Clones because it was originally about clones of multi-colored Darth Mauls being created?
As far as I know (which, when it comes to Star Wars, is a bit too far), that was never the case. Before the film had a final name, it was established that Ray Park (Darth Maul) would not be returning.

Incidentally, the working title of AOTC was The Adventures of Jar Jar.

Quote:
great script?! great script?! wtf......nxt thing i know yall gonna tell me that freddy got fingered was the greatest film of all time...good god man what is wrong with u people...
What is wrong with us? Well, for starters, I think the main problem is that we understood and appreciated the events in TPM and saw where it was taking us. What's wrong with us? We were able to appreciate all the little subtleties and nuances to see what was really going on.

Quote:
I'm getting discouraged...I'm going to see it...but I haven't seen one good review of it yet... I mean by professional reviewers...that usually doesn't bother me but one guy's (the one on Good Morning America) opinion almost always gels with mine...we agree on practically everything...he didn't really like it...
Hope he's wrong...
IT's gotten lots of good reviews. Check out http://theforce.net . They have links to pretty much all of them.

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:09 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by muh2o:
"Attack of the Clones." I don't want to give anything away, but maybe after some of you see it tonight, you can help me with this one?? I just have a problem with one of the words in the title.

Hmmm... problems with one of the words, eh? Let me guess - is it the word "the?" I knew it!!!

*pats self on back
Old 05-15-2002, 05:15 PM   #38
Acrobat

Actually, it's "of".
Old 05-15-2002, 05:19 PM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Not George Lucas:
Actually, it's "of".
LIAR!

You know how much "the" is loathed! It must be "the"! All fear "the"!
Old 05-15-2002, 05:23 PM   #40
Acrobat

No! It can't be "the"! I don't believe you! That's impossiblllllllle!!!

------------------

Truth is offensive.
I'm morally opposed to rape, and I would never rape anyone, but I think, ultimately, it's up to the rapist and no one else.
Old 05-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by dream wanderer:

Hope he's wrong...

dream wanderer
Rotten Tomatoes has listed all of the major reviews and the film has a 62% FRESH rating!! This isn't as high as "Spider-Man", but it certainly isn't a negative either for it means that, overall, critics do like it. As was stated in one critic's review, there is a gaggle of critics claiming "Attack..." is junk. They were the first to write and they caught the media's attention. Hence everyone thinks that all the critics hate the film, when clearly that isn't true.

Of course, having not seen the film, perhaps it is junk and I will wind up agreeing with those negative critics. However, considering I've liked all of the "Star Wars" films to date, I'm sure I'll like this one too. Plus, a film like this is pretty much immune to critical review.

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 05-15-2002).]
Old 05-15-2002, 05:29 PM   #42
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Not George Lucas:
No! It can't be "the"! I don't believe you! That's impossiblllllllle!!!

Let's look at this logically. We both know it can't be "Attack" or "Clones." That's just silly. And everyone and their pet goldfish loves "of." Therefore, it MUST be "the" - the most hated of all words.

Old 05-15-2002, 05:49 PM   #43
Acrobat

Look, you can't get very far in life without the word "the", now, can you? "Of", on the other hand, is pure evil. Can't you see? Everyone loves "of" because it appeases their personal demons. That's not the case with "the". "The" is a good word, proud and noble. Without "the" there can be nothing, not even your beloved "of".

------------------

Truth is offensive.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:31 PM   #44
War Child

thank you muh2o and Not George Lucas!

that was a really funny repsonse muh2o, hehe!!
Old 05-16-2002, 12:59 AM   #45
New Yorker

her is a must link for all ya trekkie's. http://www.theforce.net/
i have not see the movie yet but i like that bounty hunter.