Star Trek XI!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
J.J. Abrams is directing/producing. Shatner and Nimoy may or may be involved, but it seems more likely than not they'll have some bit part as themselves in it.

Apparently the story will focus on different points in Kirk's life, either leading up to or showing his command of the Enterprise.

It's been greenlit by Paramount and is going through pre-production/casting with rampant rumors over who will be who.

Rumored to be interested or approach:
Kirk: Matt Damon
Spock: Adrien Brody (???),
McCoy: Gary Sinise, Daniel Craig
Scotty: James McAvoy
Sulu: Daniel Day Kim (Jin from Lost)

and Greg Grunberg because he will be in anything JJ will ever do.

What do you guys think of it? Will this be like a Lost-type Star Trek since MI-3 was like Alias without Jennifer Garner? There's gotta be some Trekkies out there happy about this.

great site for anything Trek XI: http://trekmovie.com

Gary Sinise as Bones - holy shit that's a match made in heaven.

Will Odo be in it? :sad:

MrPryck2U said:
Last time I checked, Kirk died in Generations.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Apparently the story will focus on different points in Kirk's life, either leading up to or showing his command of the Enterprise.

There have been questions about that, maybe they could use that "de-aging effect" used in X-Men III on Kirk and Spock and place it between the events of The Undiscovered Country and Generations.

The bulk of it will be in the past though.

DrTeeth said:
Okay, I'm used to the idea now, bring it on! :D

Matt Damon though :tsk:

"Team America World Police" refference:

MATT DAMON!!!

:drool:

Anyhow, I really think they should let the whole Star Trek franchise die for the time being. Give it about a decade or so to cool off and then bring it back all fresh a la Next Generation...

Same goes for Star Wars, do we really need a TV show about bounty hunters and clones? Really?

If you haven't heard already, Leonard Nimoy will be back as Spock and Zachary Quinto (Sylar from 'Heroes') will play a younger Spock.

Anton Yelchin (not familiar with his work) is gonna be Chekhov and they're looking to recast the rest of the original crew with unknowns/lesser known actors. The villain and some minor characters might be played by bigger stars though (the big rumor was Russell Crowe as the villain and Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks as Captain Pike, but I doubt any of them will happen).

What say you, fellas?

LemonMacPhisto said:
If you haven't heard already, Leonard Nimoy will be back as Spock and Zachary Quinto (Sylar from 'Heroes') will play a younger Spock.

Anton Yelchin (not familiar with his work) is gonna be Chekhov and they're looking to recast the rest of the original crew with unknowns/lesser known actors. The villain and some minor characters might be played by bigger stars though (the big rumor was Russell Crowe as the villain and Tom Cruise or Tom Hanks as Captain Pike, but I doubt any of them will happen).

What say you, fellas?

It will be good hopefully. :up: to ZQ as young Spock. I saw them both together at Comic-con... someone asked Nimoy why he would want to be involved in this and he said it seemed the logical thing to do. LOL He liked the casting for his younger self, and they said yeah they definitely don't have a Kirk yet and even asked us for suggestions. :lol:
I'll look forward to this.

I actually had a dream last night that I heard the audio for a trailer for Star Trek XI. It had Quinto and Nimoy both talking to Kirk as Spok, and it had a voice for Kirk that at first didn't really sound much like Kirk should sound like, but the more he talked, and keeping in mind how young he was, it started to feel more right, almost like the early days of the original Star Trek series withShatner.

But it was a dream. Oh well.

It's an interesting idea, but doesn't mean it'll be good because like you said, time travel's been done about 1 million times in Trek anyway.

Apparently Ando from Heroes is another rumored choice for Sulu.

Canadiens1160 said:
“Moriarty” is a fucking moron. Yeah, time travel/altering timelines; that sure is something fresh and bold for the Star Trek universe :rolleyes:

You didn't even read his article did you? Or anything he's ever written before? He's simply elaborating on rumors he's heard about the film, and exploring ways in which Abrams might handle the "reboot" of the series.

How does that make him a fucking moron? Sheesh dude, your posts have been going down the shitter lately. What's the deal..

Okay, first thing that surprised me: I think Leonard Nimoy is sort of the star of the movie. I think a lot of this movie is about Spock. Nimoy-aged Spock, mind you.

How?

Okay... you know the scene in BACK TO THE FUTURE 2? Where Doc Brown explains alternate timelines? Well, this is sort of... ummm... TREK TO THE FUTURE, I guess you would call it...

Picture an incident that throws a group of Romulans back in time. Picture that group of Romulans figuring out where they are in the timeline, then deciding to take advantage of the accident to kill someone’s father, to erase them from the timeline before they exist, thereby changing all of the TREK univers e as a result. Who would you erase? Whose erasure would leave the biggest hole in the TREK universe is the question you should be asking.

Who else, of course, but James T. Kirk?

If Spock were in a position to change that incident back, and then in a position to guard that timeline and make sure things happen the way they’re supposed to, it creates...
:shrug:

Needs more humpback whales/borg cueball spheres? Actually, my sarcasm is misplaced because The Voyage Home is exactly the kind of dynamic JJ needs to create; something that appeases Trek fans, but one which draws in the general audience as well as IV did.

Canadiens1160 said:

:shrug:

Needs more humpback whales/borg cueball spheres? Actually, my sarcasm is misplaced because The Voyage Home is exactly the kind of dynamic JJ needs to create; something that appeases Trek fans, but one which draws in the general audience as well as IV did.

Exactly, although this is probably the most important thing to happen to the franchise since The Next Generation.

I was never interested in the original Trek; Next Generation is more my cuppa and even so "First Contact" was pretty much the only Trek film I liked (unless you also count Galaxy Quest, :wink:). But this reboot idea could be interesting.

CHUD.com's confirming the time travel/reboot script as well. Still don't believe it, but it's something I guess.

The comparisons to Marvel's Infinite Crisis-style arc is what interests me the most over the whole time travel business.

Back
Top Bottom