Star Trek XI! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2007, 11:46 PM   #16
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:06 PM
It's an interesting idea, but doesn't mean it'll be good because like you said, time travel's been done about 1 million times in Trek anyway.

Apparently Ando from Heroes is another rumored choice for Sulu.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:50 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160
“Moriarty” is a fucking moron. Yeah, time travel/altering timelines; that sure is something fresh and bold for the Star Trek universe
You didn't even read his article did you? Or anything he's ever written before? He's simply elaborating on rumors he's heard about the film, and exploring ways in which Abrams might handle the "reboot" of the series.

How does that make him a fucking moron? Sheesh dude, your posts have been going down the shitter lately. What's the deal..

Old 08-31-2007, 01:28 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Quote:
Okay, first thing that surprised me: I think Leonard Nimoy is sort of the star of the movie. I think a lot of this movie is about Spock. Nimoy-aged Spock, mind you.

How?

Okay... you know the scene in BACK TO THE FUTURE 2? Where Doc Brown explains alternate timelines? Well, this is sort of... ummm... TREK TO THE FUTURE, I guess you would call it...

Picture an incident that throws a group of Romulans back in time. Picture that group of Romulans figuring out where they are in the timeline, then deciding to take advantage of the accident to kill someone’s father, to erase them from the timeline before they exist, thereby changing all of the TREK univers e as a result. Who would you erase? Whose erasure would leave the biggest hole in the TREK universe is the question you should be asking.

Who else, of course, but James T. Kirk?

If Spock were in a position to change that incident back, and then in a position to guard that timeline and make sure things happen the way they’re supposed to, it creates...

Needs more humpback whales/borg cueball spheres? Actually, my sarcasm is misplaced because The Voyage Home is exactly the kind of dynamic JJ needs to create; something that appeases Trek fans, but one which draws in the general audience as well as IV did.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #19
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Canadiens1160

Needs more humpback whales/borg cueball spheres? Actually, my sarcasm is misplaced because The Voyage Home is exactly the kind of dynamic JJ needs to create; something that appeases Trek fans, but one which draws in the general audience as well as IV did.
Exactly, although this is probably the most important thing to happen to the franchise since The Next Generation.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:47 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:06 PM
I was never interested in the original Trek; Next Generation is more my cuppa and even so "First Contact" was pretty much the only Trek film I liked (unless you also count Galaxy Quest, ). But this reboot idea could be interesting.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

CHUD.com's confirming the time travel/reboot script as well. Still don't believe it, but it's something I guess.

The comparisons to Marvel's Infinite Crisis-style arc is what interests me the most over the whole time travel business.