Stanley Cup Final Predictions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wanted a Detroit/Toronto final, but that's not what this thread's about...

Miss Cleo sees a Ducks/Devils finals... Ducks dans six.

I'm sorry Michael, but assuming that the Western Conference Final will be Ducks/Nucks... the 'nucks will probably just fall. Not that I won't cheer for the nuckers, but after seeing the suffocating style that the Duck's D has shown... never mind the good play of Gidget... I don't see a good result for the Canucks. It's very similar to how Carolina made their rise in the East last year... except this Anaheim team has a good goaltender. It's the Ducks conference to lose... unless they self-destruct in the next couple weeks they are the team to beat.

THEY'RE 7-1 AGAINST THE TOP TWO TEAMS IN THE WEST. STOP DELUDING YOURSELF MIKEY...

PS- go canucks. :wink:

Vancouver is a better team than either Detroit or Dallas. Bold statement? Perhaps, but an honest one. Vancouver beat both Dallas and Detroit convincingly this year, and also were ahead of Detroit and neck and neck with Dallas in the standings most of the year -- until the end of the season that is. Sorry, but I'll go by season long performance rather than a minor crash by the Canucks at the end in determining whose better. :sexywink:

To elaborate, the Ducks were taken too lightly by both Dallas and Detroit. They are beatable. If Dallas had opened it up to full throttle starting with game 1, it would have been a different series. But there again, they only do that against Edmonton.

Michael Griffiths said:
To elaborate, the Ducks were taken too lightly by both Dallas and Detroit. They are beatable. If Dallas had opened it up to full throttle starting with game 1, it would have been a different series. But there again, they only do that against Edmonton.

I don't think they were taken lightly at all... the Ducks and Detroit were the best two teams in the second half I believe, as far as records go... and Van didn't exactly beat Dallas and Detroit handily... I think your fanship view has reality skewed a bit... maybe you should wake up from your Vancouver dream and change your sheets Mikey...

Vancouver beat Detroit, what 5-2 the last time they met? The last time they played (and beat) Dallas they were up 4-1 in the 2nd period!

Like I said, the season standings were so close that the actual positioning of teams didn't reflect very accurately who was the better team for *most* of the season. Rather, it more accurately reflected who had a slump at the end of it and who did not.

Last edited:
No, they beat Detroit 4-3 in OT last time they met, and who cares about those fools, they are out.

And man, you guys really did dominate dallas :rolleyes:

Vs Dallas

4-1 L
4-0 L
4-2 W
4-3 L

and you are 1-1 against the ducks, with the win without Giggy in net

so i wouldnt be too confident if i were you

thats is if you can even get by minny in the first place

Ouch, I think Chizzer's got you there Mikey. Check and Mate.

Anyone want to go out for a brew?

Oh right, the 5-2 win was earlier in the season. I guess I should have looked up the stats. Either way, they beat Detroit the last time they played, and quite nicely all year long. As for Dallas, they beat them the last time they played. When did I say them "dominated" them all season long? I simply said that "last time they played they were up 4-1 in the 2nd period," which is a true statement.

Has the fact that regular season performance means nothing passed you guys? If teams like Minnesota, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay are still in it, you might want to base your predictions on more recent developments.

Who cares what I say... all my teams were eliminated... I'm just a bitter old cuss with disdain for winners... heed my warning: Sabres in 2008!

Last edited:
Mikey, mikey, mikey, my scores were in chronological order. Last time they played they lost 4-3. You are losing credibility with every post. Maybe you should stop :wink:

cujo said:
Has the fact that regular season performance means nothing passed you guys? If teams like Minnesota, Anaheim, and Tampa Bay are still in it, you might want to base your predictions on more recent developments.
Haha! You started this whole argument by using "regular season performance"!!! And I quote, "THEY'RE 7-1 AGAINST THE TOP TWO TEAMS IN THE WEST. STOP DELUDING YOURSELF MIKEY... "
Check mate, indeed. :wink:

Michael Griffiths said:

Can you tell me how? Refer to my last post.

What kind of beer?

How about this... if you base a season series on one win out of four or five... then that won't translate well in the playoffs... you need to win four, but you know that. Anyway, if you want to talk about any team losing IN Vancouver, maybe you should take a look at the fact that any team going through BC has to go through Alberta too... the only team that sweeps those series is St. Louis.

he didn't say they were 7-1 against them in the regular season. they are 7-1 against the top 2 seeds in the west in the playoffs. big difference buddy.

Michael Griffiths said:

Haha! You started this whole argument by using "regular season performance"!!! And I quote, "THEY'RE 7-1 AGAINST THE TOP TWO TEAMS IN THE WEST. STOP DELUDING YOURSELF MIKEY... "
Check mate, indeed. :wink:

You make no sense... 7-1 is playoff performance not regular season... have you been drinking imported beer?

Bwhaha! You guys are thick today, aren't you? No, I wasn't referring to the 7-1 comment! I was referring to the "TOP TWO TEAMS IN THE WEST" component to your statement. That is a regular season stat. Thus, Cujo was using "regular season performance" to back up his claims. Something that Cujo said I shouldn't be using. Sheesh! Smoke another one! Jealousy doesn't go very far, boys. :wink:

Oh, re: the last game against Dallas. Sorry, Chizip, I guess my photographic memory failed this time. I don't have the stat sheet in front of me. It doesn't really matter *which* game it was. The point is, they have beat them handidly this season, and were up 4-1 in the 2nd period of that game.

Last edited:
top 2 teams as in playoff seeding is what he was referring too, sheeeesh

1 - Dallas
2 - Detroit

aka top 2

talk about thick.

i dont think there is any hope for you mikey.

its hard to argue with a guy who's "true statements" (4-1 in the second period last time they met) are blatantly false.

Chizip said:
i dont think there is any hope for you mikey.

its hard to argue with a guy who's "true statements" (4-1 in the second period last time they met) are blatantly false.
Ah, changing the subject. I already addressed that. The point is, Cujo was using regular season stats (playoff seeding based on regular season standings) to justify his claims. Hey, I've got no problem with that, but I do have a problem with him saying I can't use "regular season performance" if he does it himself. Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom